British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset (plpo Final - 2nd Leg) 25/10/14 @7.00pm

Ref coukd easily have put red lights on earlier but waited till riders had completed the lap then put them straight on.

Can I ask any fans who were there? How many laps had been done when Aspgren fell?

It sounds pretty obvious why Aspegren remained down i was not there but just going by what has been said by those who were it sounds like a case off going for a rerun with 3 riders which would have given the Rebels another chance off splitting the Monarchs.

The ref must have saw this that way also and declared as soon as the home team crossed the line to commence the third lap with Aspegren still failing to clear the track within his right's to do this and from what i read it was the correct decision.

• Like 1

Can I ask any fans who were there? How many laps had been done when Aspgren fell?

Pointless Asprin fell/went for a pre arranged lie down on 2nd lap..ref waited till Cook & Masters who were well in front crossed the start line for the third lap i believe (it was all a bit of a blur tbh)..then the red lights went on..then we waited..and waited and..announcement came on that the race was..AWARDED..cue pandemonium all around the ground and Monarchs were deservedly champions and treble winners.. :t: What a night and it's only just sinking in what happened..my throat is red raw and i'm aching all over but that is why speedway is the best bar none.A superb performance by the Mighty Monarchs..and cue a smugness outbreak :drink::D Commiserations to Somerset who fought hard..and respect to their riders..Nick Morris apart,who i'd better not say what i really think of him on this fine family friendly forum..he is a :icon_smile_clown: I'm still buzzing from what was an amazing night and will be for a while i think lol..It was such an emotional rollercoaster,but it was the right result in the end..Get in there the Blue & Gold..i'm so proud of our wonderful team :party:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

I was just wondering as if it was two heats, why did the whole team have to suffer from one rider? Plus isn't an awarded race only on the last lap? Don't mean anything by this just wondering.

Pointless Asprin fell/went for a pre arranged lie down on 2nd lap..ref waited till Cook & Masters who were well in front crossed the start line for the third lap i believe (it was all a bit of a blur tbh)..then the red lights went on..then we waited..and waited and..announcement came on that the race was..AWARDED..cue pandemonium all around the ground and Monarchs were deservedly champions and treble winners.. What a night and it's only just sinking in..my throat is red raw and i'm aching all over but that is why speedway is the best bar none.A superb performance by the Mighty Monarchs..and cue a smuness outbreak :drink::D Commiserations to Somerset who fought hard..and respect to their riders..Nick Morris apart,who i'd better not say what i really think of him on this fine family friendly forum..he is a :icon_smile_clown: I'm still buzzing from what was an amazing night and will be for a while i think lol..It was such an emotional rollercoaster,but it was the right result in the end..Get in there the Blue & Gold :party:

Pre arranged fall, you really are deluded mate..

It sounds pretty obvious why Aspegren remained down i was not there but just going by what has been said by those who were it sounds like a case off going for a rerun with 3 riders which would have given the Rebels another chance off splitting the Monarchs.

The ref must have saw this that way also and declared as soon as the home team crossed the line to commence the third lap with Aspegren still failing to clear the track within his right's to do this and from what i read it was the correct decision.

Who was the Ref last night?

Edited by Starman2006

Who was the Ref last night?

Michael Breckon..as far as Heat 15 went i quote that Fosters ad on the Telly.. "Good Call!!" :approve::D

I was just wondering as if it was two heats, why did the whole team have to suffer from one rider? Plus isn't an awarded race only on the last lap? Don't mean anything by this just wondering.

Race can be awarded if 2 laps have been completed,and that is what happened last night.

Race can be awarded if 2 laps have been completed,and that is what happened last night.

But the Ref waited for the 3rd lap to start, so he was in the wrong, the lights should have gone on straight away.

15.5.2 If the Referee stops a Race and the leading Rider has completed a minimum of 2 laps of the Heat, then the Referee has the sole discretion to order a re-run or award the Heat based upon the Rider’s positions when the Heat was caused to be stopped, with the disqualified Rider being awarded no points and Riders behind in the order being advanced one place.

As long as race-leader Cook had completed two laps before the stoppage, the ref has the discretion to award the race.

All the best

Rob

But the Ref waited for the 3rd lap to start, so he was in the wrong, the lights should have gone on straight away.

No he wasnt Starman..Pointless was in no immediate danger from the other riders..hence no red light.He was given the opportunity to remove his arse from the track..but he looked up and choose not to..it was a professional foul to which the ref quite rightly said..you're out!It was the only decision a half decent ref who actually knows his stuff could have made :approve:

Edited by Young51

Why should the whole team have to suffer from one rider, that's like saying why should a football team suffer when one player gets sent off. Don't talk nonsense, it's quite possible he was under instructions to do this as well (I really hope not though) but he did it to late anyway, should have tried it on the third and fourth bend on the first lap.

He was waiting for Pontus to finish his cup of tea.Pontus should have been fined for unsporting conduct IMO ,also some of the Rebel fans were unhappy with his actions (Pontus )as a Monarch could have fell or E/F with would have gave Somerset a win.
  • Like 1