British Speedway Forum
bigeddiechek

What Works Well In The Pl?

True but when

they can be overrated Shads.

Whilst local derbies are never meaningless

Sometimes like this year they have been meaning less.

However when tight bragging rights are to be cherished.

True but when one team finishes the season with a team CMA around 50 and the other around 34 its a no contest. Only mug punters would travel to the EH postcode land to see that and we seem to have a few at GLA. I'm all for fans being loyal and sticking with it through the lean times but there comes a time when you say enough is more than enough!

True but when

True but when one team finishes the season with a team CMA around 50 and the other around 34 its a no contest. Only mug punters would travel to the EH postcode land to see that and we seem to have a few at GLA. I'm all for fans being loyal and sticking with it through the lean times but there comes a time when you say enough is more than enough!

Travelled three times to Somerset to see the Rockets score 26, 28 & 20 points. If we'd been there a fourth time I'd have gone again. I guess that makes me a mug too! Edited by Shads

I suppose the racing might still have been better than what you see at home.

Travelled three times to Somerset to see the Rockets score 26, 28 & 20 points. If we'd been there a fourth time I'd have gone again. I guess that makes me a mug too!

A bit harsh there Shads. Perhaps a 'Masochist' would be a better term to use.

• Like 1

Travelled three times to Somerset to see the Rockets score 26, 28 & 20 points. If we'd been there a fourth time I'd have gone again. I guess that makes me a mug too!

Either that or fan who sticks by his team no matter what( (unlike, in my experience, a substantial minority of speedway fans) or, just possibly, both.

jenga is always full of wind, maybe you were thinking of him . lol

jenga is always full of wind, maybe you were thinking of him . lol

no christmas card for you this year wucky laarrd..

what works for me is.

13 heats of speedway, a good 2nd half and a chinky at home, the edible type

FOOD,PEOPLE, FOOD.

and no double points. and no matt ford riders in the team. lol. ( left over lolly )

No one ever sticks around for the second half, what about 4 heats, one second half race, another 4 heats , another second half race etc....

the second halfers get a ride in front of a crowd, the public get a few more heats? everyone's a winner

• Like 1

In times when people want value for money, I don't think 13 races will cut it, personally I think it should be upped to 18 races.

• Like 1

No one ever sticks around for the second half, what about 4 heats, one second half race, another 4 heats , another second half race etc....

the second halfers get a ride in front of a crowd, the public get a few more heats? everyone's a winner

Afraid not my cup of tea.

The interruption of the main event with second half races can ruin the continuity of a match, especially if it is a close run thing with the tension building.

Also where the completion of the main event is jeopardised by the weather, curfews, etc., to hinder the completion of a team event, would not go down well.

• Like 2

I suppose the racing might still have been better than what you see at home.

Faster certainly, but most races over by the 3rd bend

A bit harsh there Shads. Perhaps a 'Masochist' would be a better term to use.

Sums it up nicely

Either that or fan who sticks by his team no matter what( (unlike, in my experience, a substantial minority of speedway fans) or, just possibly, both.

I prefer that description
  • Like 1

In times when people want value for money, I don't think 13 races will cut it, personally I think it should be upped to 18 races.

And the first thing to happen will be the admission going up by a couple of quid or more, to pay for the extra points money that will have to be dished out.

But if it was cut to 13 do you think the admission would be lowered, don't think so. Although I would like to see more races, the current format works fine.

Edited by Baldyman

But if it was cut to 13 do you think the admission would be lowered, don't think so. Although I would like to see more races, the current format works fine.

We had 18 heats in 1993. It lasted that one season.

All I'm saying is, I guess, many think we are paying too much already and it's my belief that if we went to 18 heats and they put the admission up (which they almost certainly would do) it would drive even more fans away from the sport and the sport simply can't afford that to happen.