British Speedway Forum

I'll be really disapointted to see Charles go - him, Brady and Olly were just awesome to watch at the OTA last season and with Olly not being selected already it seems, to lose Charles would be a bitter pill to swallow on top of that. It may come to a situation where it's a toss up between Charles and Pontus.

Another name to throw into the mix perhaps - Richard Hall on a 4.28 average. Would start at reserve and whilst he may offer you little away from home, he's usually pretty good value around the OTA.

Edited by Najjer

I'll be really disapointted to see Charles go - him, Brady and Olly were just awesome to watch at the OTA last season and with Olly not being selected already it seems, to lose Charles would be a bitter pill to swallow on top of that. It may come to a situation where it's a toss up between Charles and Pontus.

Another name to throw into the mix perhaps - Richard Hall on a 4.28 average. Would start at reserve and whilst he may offer you little away from home, he's usually pretty good value around the OTA.

Can't see Garry May selecting a journeyman like Richard Hall.

In releasing both Allen and Morris I am sure there is an inspired signing around the corner. Certainly Matt Ford indicated there would be! :)

• Like 1

We thought Hall would be good around the EOES, and he was worst than awful, Dilger looked a GP superstar compared to hall.

Somerset current team average total is 49-17, assuming next seasons team average is 42-50 we need to lose 6-67 points so some hard decisions will have to be made. Todd Kurtz and Paul Starke often perform well above their reserve positions, Paul at Edinburgh for a start, and both are a must for next season. Charles who was reserve last year has improved a lot from the difficult number 2 berth, and he will be a heat leader next season, Pontus is value for his 7-17 average and Brady is an obvious choice, even if he doubles up we will have first call on his services.

So that leaves Nick and Olly to save the 6-67, I think Nick should go, he has not fulfilled the promise shown last season and is not a number 1, Olly should also go as he has always been accident prone and this season has been no better on the accident front, he can also earn more money riding in Poland.

So without Nick 8-14 and Olly 8-93 that leaves us with 10.40 points to play with possibly a 7 pointer and a 3 pointer with Todd moving up into the main body.

Just to repeat my posting of 26th October.

Naj mate have you been partaking of the falling down liquid a bit early this Christmas, Richard Hall!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Wonder if there's a chance of mellgren

turning up for 2015

Edited by coomie

Could Jack Holder be in the mix for 2015,

people have said that he signed for Scunthorpe but he is not in their declared 1 to 7

It happens, their is no loyalty in Speedway from riders or Promoters, don't think Olly can say too much after not supporting Somerset in the PLRC prefering to get more money and ride in Poland

Olly should make a Fortune in Poland next year after his loyalty to his Polish club!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Could Jack Holder be in the mix for 2015,

people have said that he signed for Scunthorpe but he is not in their declared 1 to 7

When Matt Ford was interviewed he indicated he would be.