British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

Thought Foxy wasn't coming back?

he hasn't announced anything the club havn't announced anything. he has been practicing back in the U.S as well.

• Like 1

Relevance to the thread......eh none

It had more relevance than your lame reply to my post.

Cook is still up for grabs by sound of it isnt that relevant to this thread....numnuts

It had more relevance than your lame reply to my post.

Cook is still up for grabs by sound of it isnt that relevant to this thread....numnuts

Now now baba you will end up being banned from the shatzone at this rate come to think off it do we really care you may continue ;) .

I know gazc but sometimes when people go fishing....they get a bite. B.t.w I wasnt fishing although ive got a huge rod....big tackle....lol but I leave the big whoppers to mc1874.

I havent been on chatzone for ages cant get past the em.tv archives some cracking races on there.

Edited by baba
  • Like 1

The league and race structure has seen lots of riders riding in certain positions drop their averages. Not just cook, wioffinden, Harris etc.....if you want to carry on pretending the elite league is amazing no bother pal. Not really interested to be honest pedantic smart arses on this forum do my head in. It's why folks move away from this forum and onto Facebook, Twitter etc...

Surely the race format will help a rider like Cook rather than hinder him? He gets to face and beat riders like Lindgren, AJ, Ward, Holder, Puk etc. The EL had many, many problems but it's s must for any developing Brit trying to be the best he can surely?

Would be nice to have a proper discussion about this issue without people getting defensive :)

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Would be nice to have a proper discussion about this issue without people getting defensive :)

You're kidding.... Edinburgh fans are the most defensive in speedway, remember the Ryan Fisher threads :)

And Burger gate :)

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 2

That's not fair, it actually is relevant to our 2015 team, and therefore relevant to the thread.

Comments like that really aren't necessary, all the poster is saying is that, if we don't use Craig next season, then (s)he would love to see Craig ride there. You don't say Coomies comment saying the same thing isn't relevant, is it because it's glasgow?

• Like 2

That's not fair, it actually is relevant to our 2015 team, and therefore relevant to the thread.

Comments like that really aren't necessary, all the poster is saying is that, if we don't use Craig next season, then (s)he would love to see Craig ride there. You don't say Coomies comment saying the same thing isn't relevant, is it because it's glasgow?

At last someone from the East with a very unbiased view off thing's i also thought the reply to baba's post was very dis-missive on his opinion that Craig Cook would be welcome at our club if Edinburgh don't re-sign him which i am sure they will it is getting to the stage that regardless what your thoughts are on Cook some posters are only to willing to have a pop even when it is relevant to the discussion.

It is nearly getting as bad as the Smugness nearly but not quite.

Yep but it also seems they and their rides get more slagging

Poor wee soul how dare they .

Personally I don't see any value of riding in the elite league these days. It's not that much better than the premier. The fast track reserves and the lack of top line guys in the top league. Riding in sweden or Poland would be the key issues. They would allow him to ride on new tracks against top line opposition. Until the elite league in the uk gets its house in order in terms of structure, regular fixtures and the return of top line riders then it's no wonder there is no clear pathway for guys like Craig

So as you just pointed out, Justin Sedgemen rode 3 heat with Craig Cook in the PL. Yet last year he rode 2 heats a meeting with Zagar and 2 with Nicholls. Yet there very little in it? So you're suggesting there very little between Zagar/Nicholls and Justin Sedgemen? Thats without looking into which opposing riders he rode against.

Pull the other one. If there was nothing in it, why was his EL average only 6.2? Yet he managed 9.2 in the PL? That suggests Cookie found the EL 33% harder. And until any rider is averaging 12, I'd suggest he has something to learn from the league.

Yes Poland and Sweden are places' he'll learn more but he'll learn more chasing down the likes of Iversen, Andersen, Janowski, Harris, AJ and Lindgren in the EL that'll he'll learn riding within him ahead of the likes of Wilknson, Franc, Lanham, Wilson, Graversen and Boxall. I guess it depends what he wants, nice comfortable living or to see how good he can really be. All I know is that as a speedway fan it frustrate me to see him seemingly happy to make a comfortable living rather than seeing how good he could be.

Why do Edinburgh fans get defensive over Cook?

Every club at Premier level would love him in their team

Nobody is saying that he shouldnt ride for Edinburgh.

If he is comfortable making an easy living thats his choice he can settle for that.

However when he retires he may look back and think ' what if '

He does show a lack of ambition but my god some fans get defensive when you say that.

• Like 1

Excellent news, riders like Clegg, Greaves etc need to be in the PL.

Interesting.

The other reserve needs to be a strong one then.