British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

The Monarchs are the Liverpool FC fans of speedway.

Never prepared to admit their own shortcomings, or bad behaviour of their riders, but will do so for others ... and will go to town doing so.

But would/could they keep going for 25 years + to get 'JUSTICE'!

Easily!

• Like 1

With less than two months to go before the start of the 2015 speedway season Edinburgh Monarchs have been rocked by the news that Scotwaste will not be renewing their sponsorship for what would have been their tenth season.

Said Monarchs Club Chairman, Alex Harkess, “We have been hopeful throughout the winter that Scotwaste would continue their involvement with us but when we recently had a meeting with their Managing Director, Brian Ramsay, we had to put a deadline for a decision. That deadline was the beginning of February. Brian and his colleagues are sympathetic to our cause and he freely admitted that the company received excellent coverage throughout our record breaking season but he has now confirmed that Scotwaste will not support us in 2015. It’s a devastating blow for us but we must move on, and quickly, to try and locate a new team sponsor.”
Our long term Scotwaste sponsor and friend Stewart Melrose commented, “I've said in the past that nothing would please me more than seeing the Monarchs have a huge sponsor with the ability to pay more for the privilege than we ever could. And I mean that I really do consider it a privilege to be associated as main sponsor especially through such successful times for the team.”
The Club are open to offers from anyone with a view to becoming team sponsors in 2015 and a package could be put together for as little as £10,000.
Companies who have an interest can contact the Club at the stadium on 01501 734404 or can make an initial approach by email at info@edinburghmonarchs.co

Taken from Edinburgh`s Twitter page.

Is that 10 grand a week.

think they are already involved in poole and somerset.

You've changed your tune! :D

"I'm going slightly mad" by Queen ;)

• Like 1

"I'm going slightly mad" by Queen ;)

[/quote

slightly being the word that stands out. so i am still ok.

at least you understand humour