British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

I would ask Paulco and Gazc their opinions!!

My opinion on Wolbert as a Glasgow rider this season just passed is not printable on here but i have no doubt that he would increase his average no problem at Armadale next year, It would be folly for Edinburgh not to consider him for next season if he wanted to ride PL.

He is a lot better than what he produced for us that there is no doubt it was just so frustrating watching him pottle around at the back in one race then blitz the opposition in the next a real enigma is Herr Wolbert.

Maybe around Kirky Lane, but missed a fair few away meetings for you did he not

Yes he missed 6 away meetings when visiting Coventry and Lakeside twice each both Friday night clubs and twice at Eastbourne on Saturday night.But if he does go i cant see this being the reason as they knew he would miss the 4 Friday night meetings when they signed him.

He would also miss at least 4 away meetings for which ever Elite club he signs for unless said club buys his contract

If Wolbert had finished the season on the 5.86 he was carrying until October's greensheets he'd be a no brainer for the Monarchs. On his 6.19, even though it is only 0.33 higher, he would be a little bit of a gamble. Edinburgh are the sort of team that take gambles though, look at Worrall and Sedgmen this year, nobody would have seen them both finishing north of seven point averages.

Pretty certain the Monarchs will be challenging to retain their title next year, the promotion know how to build strong sides.

If Wolbert had finished the season on the 5.86 he was carrying until October's greensheets he'd be a no brainer for the Monarchs. On his 6.19, even though it is only 0.33 higher, he would be a little bit of a gamble. Edinburgh are the sort of team that take gambles though, look at Worrall and Sedgmen this year, nobody would have seen them both finishing north of seven point averages.

Pretty certain the Monarchs will be challenging to retain their title next year, the promotion know how to build strong sides.

I agree re Wolbert.

That 0.33 could be used elsewhere in the team, however I'm unsure if, as he sat out injured last year, Tabaka would qualify for a reduction, that may tip the balance his way.

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

I would ask Paulco and Gazc their opinions!!

Sign the burgermuncher if you want , we don't care , we're going to be the powerhouse outfit next season anyway :-)
  • Like 2

I agree re Wolbert.

That 0.33 could be used elsewhere in the team, however I'm unsure if, as he sat out injured last year, Tabaka would qualify for a reduction, that may tip the balance his way.

Was he injured? He rode in the Scottish Open this year.

Was he injured? He rode in the Scottish Open this year.

Oh yeah!

We left him out due to injury at the start of the season so that may be looked at?

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

Oh yeah!

We left him out due to injury at the start of the season so that may be looked at?

Im sure Alex can pull a few string's should get him on a 3 i would imagine :shock: .

Im sure Alex can pull a few string's should get him on a 3 i would imagine :shock: .

If that was to happen it would be a joke, I was thinking maybe he would have just been dropped by 0.2 or similar to compensate, I forgot he had been at the open though so wasn't injured all season.

If that was to happen it would be a joke, I was thinking maybe he would have just been dropped by 0.2 or similar to compensate, I forgot he had been at the open though so wasn't injured all season.

I was being a tad sarcastic just my nature :D .

He'd learn a lot at Brough Park??? Really?? lol!!!!

Yes he would. Didn't spoil the careers of Larsen, KB, Bjarne or those World Champs Ivan, Anders, Ole and of course Nicki P.

Yes he would. Didn't spoil the careers of Larsen, KB, Bjarne or those World Champs Ivan, Anders, Ole and of course Nicki P.

Lol, because if those riders had have ridden anywhere else, they'd not have reached the heights they have!!!!!

Sign the burgermuncher if you want , we don't care , we're going to be the powerhouse outfit next season anyway :-)

I do hope so... Scotland needs a strong Edinburgh AND Glasgow...

Lol, because if those riders had have ridden anywhere else, they'd not have reached the heights they have!!!!!

I do hope so... Scotland needs a strong Edinburgh AND Glasgow...

Your original point was doubting that Masters could/would have learnt anything riding at Brough. What I was saying was that greater riders than him did learn, and go on to greater things. Ivan in fact always said if you could ride Brough well, you could ride everywhere, and backed his judgement by recommending many Kiwis to sign for us. I think i'll settle with Ivan's endorsement.

Has the track changed in 50+ years?

Is that Ivan Crozier?!!