British Speedway Forum
Double Up

Cradley Heathens

It seems to me that the GRA are a very greedy set of idiots if they are charging those sort of figures to rent a dog track based stadium. If they cut the cost of the rent by half that amount what with food and drink sales on top of what they get in rent, then they would still make it worth thier while.

Or is it just a fact that all they are really bothered about is literally going to the dogs. I do hope the 2 teams can manage to come to the tapes next season. I it is stupid if the GRA waste the chance of running the stadium on 2 nights with both clubs riding at an already laid speedway track.

Or is that just to simple.

The costs of renting Perry Barr are likely to be the same as for EL/PL - maybe even more temporarily after whats happened!!

Yes but with the much reduced rider costs, the costs of NL racing will be much lower even allowing for smaller crowds!

Say Birmingham get 300 adults paying £12 to watch NL racing that equates to £3600 which would cover the rent plus a reasonable chunk of the rider costs!

Yes but with the much reduced rider costs, the costs of NL racing will be much lower even allowing for smaller crowds!

Say Birmingham get 300 adults paying £12 to watch NL racing that equates to £3600 which would cover the rent plus a reasonable chunk of the rider costs!

And surely The 2nd City can get every Heat sponsored at £60 per Heat ?.

The HSSC are looking to start back up, can only be a good thing!

I don't live in the area these days but, moaning about what the dudley council have done or not done to sport in the last 25 years is your own fault. Stop voting for them.I don't what to sound nasty but thats a fact you can not over look.Maybe someone could start an Heathens party & stand at the next election?

I don't live in the area these days but, moaning about what the dudley council have done or not done to sport in the last 25 years is your own fault. Stop voting for them.I don't what to sound nasty but thats a fact you can not over look.Maybe someone could start an Heathens party & stand at the next election?

that's not a bad idea. Maybe I could form a Wimbledon dons party and stand in the next local election in Merton!
  • Like 1

Over the years since we lost Dudley Wood, we have had both the main parties running the Council at various times, neither has done anything to help, the fact remains Tony Mole had a perfectly good site in Oldnall Lane, Cradley, but from what i can gather the Council wanted roads improving, before granting PP, there is no way any promoter can afford to do this. And remember we are talking about for 20 meetings over a 365 day year.

All that needed doing to enable Speedway to run at that site was double yellow lines painted along the length of it, job done, thats the frustrating part that the Councill have played in this.

• Like 4

It might just about cover the overheads of staging the meeting but wouldn't even scratch the surface of paying the riders

• Like 1

And how much do you think NL riders get paid?

Most would be on deals of under £20 point I reckon!

Now if all 7 riders in a NL team were on £30 per point then if the team scored 60 points at home one night that would be £30 X 60 = £1800!

I know the promotion have to pay the away riders points money as per the NL standard which is ?

Like I said before 300 adults paying £12 to watch NL speedway at Perry Bar = £3600 which would cover the rent plus a fair chunk of the rider costs!

I'd say their would be at least 150 OAP's paying lets say £9 to get in. This equates to £1350.

This is without including children!

These figures suggest that with decent sponsorship NL speedway Perry Bar could be viable!

And how much do you think NL riders get paid?

Most would be on deals of under £20 point I reckon!

Now if all 7 riders in a NL team were on £30 per point then if the team scored 60 points at home one night that would be £30 X 60 = £1800!

I know the promotion have to pay the away riders points money as per the NL standard which is ?

Like I said before 300 adults paying £12 to watch NL speedway at Perry Bar = £3600 which would cover the rent plus a fair chunk of the rider costs!

I'd say their would be at least 150 OAP's paying lets say £9 to get in. This equates to £1350.

This is without including children!

These figures suggest that with decent sponsorship NL speedway Perry Bar could be viable!

NO. You also have to pay your riders for the difference between their actual rates, and the standard exchange rate between clubs for the away meetings. Despite that I think the net payment of your riders would be over £2000 for a home and an away meeting.

Councils SURELY have other more important things to concern them than worrying too much about a sport?

Councils SURELY have other more important things to concern them than worrying too much about a sport?

I'm sure they do but, even they need votes at election time.

Over the years since we lost Dudley Wood, we have had both the main parties running the Council at various times, neither has done anything to help, the fact remains Tony Mole had a perfectly good site in Oldnall Lane, Cradley, but from what i can gather the Council wanted roads improving, before granting PP, there is no way any promoter can afford to do this. And remember we are talking about for 20 meetings over a 365 day year.

And yet if houses were to be built on the land, road improvements wouldn't come into it if the standards of my local and county council applied.

A couple of years ago, a planning application to build approximately 350 homes on green belt land was submitted, over doubling the size of the village where the developer wanted to build. Most of the access roads are country lanes and farm tracks, but when complaints started rushing in regarding road improvements, the general (and I have to say usual) response from the planning committee was "So what?" So many complaints have been received that a planning review was instigated, and is still going on even now by the looks of things. Road improvements will be made eventually of course, but you bet your bottom dollar the developer won't be paying for them. Vested interest and all that.

NO. You also have to pay your riders for the difference between their actual rates, and the standard exchange rate between clubs for the away meetings. Despite that I think the net payment of your riders would be over £2000 for a home and an away meeting.

Pretty sure NL clubs pay their riders in full for away matches. There are no exchange rates like in the EL and PL.

• Like 1

Pretty sure NL clubs pay their riders in full for away matches. There are no exchange rates like in the EL and PL.

you are correct. The promoter of a now defunct NL track told me the same thing.
  • Like 1