British Speedway Forum
jrs

Crazy Sue And Her Gang Of Updaters And Texters

If your interpretation of not a real fan of someone who has sponsored riders and the junior team and attended virtually every home meeting and meetings away since 1975 so be it.

I think that was just a joke!

Well done Sue and all the others, a great job.

• Like 1

Yes an invaluable service very useful for me that's on shift work, so my sincere thanks to all at Speedway Updates.

If your interpretation of not a real fan of someone who has sponsored riders and the junior team and attended virtually every home meeting and meetings away since 1975 so be it.

Look again at my post #15, did you not see the smiley?

It was meant as humorous comment.

• Like 1

I'd like to add my thanks to Sue and all the texters/updaters as well. Now I no longer have Sky I've followed matches on the updates site many times and really appreciate being able to do so. You all do a great job. Thank you.

Obviously not a real fan . When the Aces were away I used to phone the away stadium after the match was over to get the result. Couldn't wait for the paper or teletext.

Like many others I am just grateful for the service provided by Sue & Co. It is very much appreciated.

Look again at my post #15, did you not see the smiley?

It was meant as humorous comment.

No smiley was shown just a strange box which is not shown on above for some reason, had I seen a smiley I would have accepted your comment. :t:

Edited by A ORLOV

a great website,.... :t:

Where woiuld we be without them? Up the creek without the proverbial channel! :cheers:

No smiley was shown just a strange box which is not shown on above for some reason, had I seen a smiley I would have accepted your comment. :t:

Interesting that you don't see the smiley. I posted from my Google Nexus and whenever I insert a smiley it never appears when I first send the post and I have to edit it, reinsert the smiley and it does then appear in the post. However, having now looked at this particular post on my smartphone, there is a smiley but it is black and white, not yellow as shown when I look on my Nexus tablet.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Where woiuld we be without them? Up the creek without the proverbial channel! :cheers:

Paddle dear boy, paddle. ;):P

Interesting that you don't see the smiley. I posted from my Google Nexus and whenever I insert a smiley it never appears when I first send the post and I have to edit it, reinsert the smiley and it does then appear in the post. However, having now looked at this particular post on my smartphone, there is a smiley but it is black and white, not yellow as shown when I look on my Nexus tablet.

Anyone else have similar problems?

I never have a problem with Firefox. :t:

Thanks you to Sue and the updating team.

They have again been brilliant this year.

Obviously not a real fan . When the Aces were away I used to phone the away stadium after the match was over to get the result. Couldn't wait for the paper or teletext.

Like many others I am just grateful for the service provided by Sue & Co. It is very much appreciated.

Think I can beat that! When I was a youngster I was so keen to know how the Robins performed on the Saturday night at Bellevue, I actually phoned Martin Ashby on his home phone number (which was in the telephone directory) on the Sunday morning. Martin himself answered the phone and kindly gave me a run down of the scorers! A true gent was the Robins skipper.

• Like 1

I phoned Martin Ashby one Friday night many moons ago just because he was in the phone book..

After he realised I was not a mate taking the piss, he spent half an hour chatting with me, which to a youngster was absolutely brilliant - something I've never forgotten..

Anyway, as per the thread, yes, a big thanks to those who text and update - you all provide a brilliant service :t:

BTW... jrs now has 46 likes - is this a record ?