British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

I can see Andrew taking control of the Rockets in 2016

are you confident there will be a 2016 shads!

When aboard Luke & Luke (sounds like the firm in Trading Places)

great film!

are you confident there will be a 2016 shads!

Short of meteorite smashing into the earth, or WWIII being declared yes!

Short of meteorite smashing into the earth, or WWIII being declared yes!

leave the sarcasm to me shads!. On a serious note, why did Len sell the stadium instead of passing it on to Andrew to keep the club in the family.

leave the sarcasm to me shads!. On a serious note, why did Len sell the stadium instead of passing it on to Andrew to keep the club in the family.

Could be a number of reasons. Perhaps Andrew didn't fancy the day to day running of the promotion. The stadium needs a lot of work doing, very costly.

Most speedway promotions don't own the stadium they use.

• Like 1

Could be a number of reasons. Perhaps Andrew didn't fancy the day to day running of the promotion. The stadium needs a lot of work doing, very costly.

Most speedway promotions don't own the stadium they use.

those that do like king's Lynn and eastbourne, do have control over their own future. What happens if crowds continue to decline at rye like they have at most british tracks. Without the silver family financing the rockets, will the new guy be prepared to subsidise any losses.

I think that's the benefit of a new stadium owner. The Silver family can deal with the finances of the teams whilst a cash injection can go towards the long awaited updates to the stadium.

With the go kart track having desires for the land I think its a far more secure purchase.

While I was hoping the Raiders would line up with a team of raw talent, the signings of Priest and Chessell is a good start.

It looks as if we are going with a team that will be competitive rather than just blooding youngsters so it looks like we will need to bring in a number one who is either unattached or racing as a Premier League reserve. Robert Branford, previously mentioned here, would leave room to sign Brendan Johnson and complete the side with three three-point riders. A top four of Branford, Priest, Johnson and Chessell would certainly be competitive in the 2015 National League.

Rob Watts, Danyon Hume and Macauley Leek look like possibilities to fill the remaining three spots in the 1-7.

While I was hoping the Raiders would line up with a team of raw talent, the signings of Priest and Chessell is a good start.

It looks as if we are going with a team that will be competitive rather than just blooding youngsters so it looks like we will need to bring in a number one who is either unattached or racing as a Premier League reserve. Robert Branford, previously mentioned here, would leave room to sign Brendan Johnson and complete the side with three three-point riders. A top four of Branford, Priest, Johnson and Chessell would certainly be competitive in the 2015 National League.

Rob Watts, Danyon Hume and Macauley Leek look like possibilities to fill the remaining three spots in the 1-7.

The team selection has to be based on a minimum of a 34 point average this season to ensure the farce that was Scunthorpe last year is not repeated.

Edited by tocha

The team selection has to be based on a minimum of a 34 point average this season to ensure the farce that was Scunthorpe last year is not repeated.

The minimum average limit is 30.00 not 34.00

le I was hoping the Raiders would line up with a team of raw talent, the signings of Priest and Chessell is a good start.

Each team should have 2 x 3 pointers. If you bring in 3 or 4 then someone has to go at 2 and 4. The 2 riders you have 'most faith in' will go at reserve an instant confidence knocker for the other 2. Why don't they want me at reserve?

You have to go out in ht 1 as a 2 with, it has to be said, some opposition. Unless the other team's 2 is a rookie you haven't a hope. Then the reserve with the 'easier rides' appears a better option and starts nicking yiur rides. The list is endless. How is that going to help a young or inexperienced rider?

Unless every team builds like Scunny last year putting too many 3 pointers in can do more harm than good

Edited by TMW

Maybe now with new owners, Rye may feel the need to develop new talent via the MDL? In the future.

Maybe now with new owners, Rye may feel the need to develop new talent via the MDL? In the future.

Already done that.