British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

I fear these boys will struggle, but couldn't be in better hands to continue their development.

Gotta start somewhere I s'pose

I fear these boys will struggle, but couldn't be in better hands to continue their development.

But dont forget Shads one of these boys will be the No8, so its not as if they are all going to be in the Seven to start with, and as we all know the League is much weaker this season, there is the odd outstanding reserve such as Perks and Wotsisname, but after the 1st lot of averages they should be riding against riders of a similar calibre.

In comparison to the other confirmed lineup's I'd say ours is capable of upsetting the odds now and then.
The team might take a while to get itself together having two rookies at reserve but it's always nice to see riders start out at times and progress if given the time, we are kind of used to it at Rye anyway. Even as recently as watching Tom Braddock a couple of years ago was decent till he got himself injured, hopefully history doesn't repeat itself with these boys over trying.
I'd say our season kind of revolves around how Kyle Hughes does, we know what he's capable of but getting a full season out of him is sometimes the test!

Edited by ash

We are not a stand alone club at National league level, it would be nice to win something, but these lads need a start, so get behind them.

We are reasonably strong 1 to 5, who knows we might surprise some people.

I think we need a presence in the MDL.

• Like 1

But dont forget Shads one of these boys will be the No8, so its not as if they are all going to be in the Seven to start with, and as we all know the League is much weaker this season, there is the odd outstanding reserve such as Perks and Wotsisname, but after the 1st lot of averages they should be riding against riders of a similar calibre.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully behind the policy of mixing experienced riders and novices. Should be an interesting season. Looking forward to it.
  • Like 2

Strikes me that Rye have gone with a solid top 4 to steady the ship and score good, solid points. To stop any white washes and keep things more than respectable. Then gone ith 3 very inexperienced lads with a view to building for the future. IMO, the perfect balance and what the NL should be about.

George Hunter could he be the Ladybank Express MK2 if so Rye House are very lucky.

Make sure he has a spin when the Monarchs come to town

Edited by Triple.H.

Welcome aboard the Raiders Express the new three.

Interesting to note Danyon (hope I spelt it correct) scored 8 points (and reached the final) at Scunny on Sunday the same score as Dan Greenwood and Danny Phillips and more that Govier, Wilson and Bowen.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard the Raiders Express the new three.

Interesting to note Danyon (hope I spelt it correct) scored 8 points (and reached the final) at Scunny on Sunday the same score as Dan Greenwood and Danny Phillips and more that Govier, Wilson and Bowen.

Danyon qualified for the 'B' final, beat Dan Greenwood, Danny Phillips and Alex Wilson. Then went into the 'A' final against Oliver Greenwood, Aaron Mogridge and Nike Lunna, he came last eventually but not before being with the 'pack'! I think young Danyon will be one of the 'finds' of the season!

With so many unknown quantities at the bottom end of most teams it should be interesting to see who makes the rapid progress among them, which may well decide the teams at the top end of the league come the end of the season..At this stage i would not like to even hazzard a guess....

• Like 1

One of the joys of supporting a NL side is seeing the progression of young riders through their career. Some make it, some don't. You can usually tell the ones that will come good, Tai Woffinden is the best example. His success was a no brainer with his background, support and obvious talent. Can't wait to see how our youngsters cope.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 4

No mention of a rider named Chessell in the Speedway Star article today, conspicuous by his absence in it.

What's happened?

New sponsors, new kevlars, new positive attitude around Rye House at Raiders P&P day today.

Sorry, should say Rye House BMR Restart Raiders. :t:

Edited by bolly
  • Like 2

Thought the new boys Danyon, Alfie and George looked good today. Robert seems to have lost weight from what I remember of him in the past.

Kyle and had one stint of about 5 laps, think he blew an engine, Sam and Luke looked a little nervous maybe because was a little greasy.