British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Prem League Entrance Fee

£16 at Ipswich + £2-50 for a programme, so if you want a drink and something to eat as well you can kiss goodbye to £25 for effectivly 15 minutes of entertainment! Far too much in my opinion but I love the sport so will no doubt continue to part with my hard earned to go.

Do not go to Horseracing at Newmarket . I went recently there and saw 8 minutes racing for £25(plus £7.00 parking). without any food or drink. . Makes Speedway a bargain price then

• Like 3

I think it should be a flat £20 across the board (kids and concession excepted).

Only if you want to commit commercial suicide. Increase the value of the product, increasing the attendance, then reduce the cost to attract more people. The more popular something is the cheaper it becomes, the more EXCLUSIVE it is the dearer it is. You can however stay in Mr Camerons virtual world, don't forget ''WE are all in it together'', I wonder if that is DEEP DO-DOO.

Taffy that is one of your most sweeping generalisations.

Last season there were a number of meetings where the entrance was dropped to £10 and it had no effect on attendance (or at least as far as I am aware).

Compared to ANYTHING else I go to in my spare time, speedway is by far the cheapest, and best value for money.

£20 would still be the cheapest, and if that helps keep it going, then all the better.

Flat £20, good concessions, good family deals, keep the kids go free.

£20 includes a programme.

Do a meal deal, £25 includes programme, burger and juice/water/cup o' tea.

So not only do you get your tea, you get a good read while eating, followed by a night of racing.

It's a winner.

Edited by bigeddiechek

Last season there were a number of meetings where the entrance was dropped to £10 and it had no effect on attendance (or at least as far as I am aware).

Compared to ANYTHING else I go to in my spare time, speedway is by far the cheapest, and best value for money.

£20 would still be the cheapest, and if that helps keep it going, then all the better.

So not only do you get your tea, you get a good read while eating, followed by a night of racing.

It's a winner.

You are right they did drop the price, and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. So we must assume it is not the price that is the problem, it must be the product.

• Like 2

It's a winner.

Don't you have a curfew at Berwick.

• Like 1

I think it should be a flat £20 across the board (kids and concession excepted).

Yeah... that'll get the fans flooding back.....

People are already saying it's overpriced as it is, yet you want the majority to pay £20? Good Luck on that one.

• Like 1

It's a winner.

Have you ever considered entering The Apprentice.

You would feel really at home with the contestants on the show this year.

I'm happy with the current pricing.

You can make all sorts of sporting comparisons to make it look good or bad

F1 - £100 ticket to see 10 seconds of racing to the first corner

Drag racing - £20 to see hundreds of 5-10 second races per day

Not sure what else you go to? Cinema is cheaper. A curry night at a Wetherspoons (or equivalent) can be cheaper (assuming one doesn't drink several pints). Non-league football (several clubs in Suffolk & North Essex in the tiers below Conference level). In Ipswich the local professional theatres are cheaper.

Also, I would dispute your assertion that programmes are a good read.

One thing is for sure, lower pricing doesn't seem to be an influential variable, certainly at Berwick.

So I say stick the price up, hoy in a burger, a can of pop, and enjoy the racing.

I can see another advantage, it would probably get rid of the whining "supporters".
I'd happily subsidise the loss of them through increased entrance fees.
Now, that would improve the product no end.

B)

One thing is for sure, lower pricing doesn't seem to be an influential variable, certainly at Berwick.

So I say stick the price up, hoy in a burger, a can of pop, and enjoy the racing.

I can see another advantage, it would probably get rid of the whining "supporters".

I'd happily subsidise the loss of them through increased entrance fees.

Now, that would improve the product no end.

B)

And see tracks close up and down the country.

B)

What about vegetarians and those on a healthy eating programme? Edited by Shads

And see tracks close up and down the country.

You certainly can't beat seeing speedway close up, not too close though ;)

What about vegetarians and those on a healthy eating programme?

Make them have to collect it at the 4th bend tea hut.

You certainly can't beat seeing speedway close up, not too close though ;)

Make them have to collect it at the 4th bend tea hut.

Is it wheelchair accessible?

I think it is Shadders?
Certainly the 3rd bend is.