British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

On the subject of Tom and particularly for those not very familiar with him, or indeed NL racing in general, take a look at the clip to see what could be on the cards for you 2015 speedway fix.

Incidentally this was the night of Heeps' Monmore Green debut - this was the only point he dropped from 7 rides!!

And this shows what Tom's capable of - if he just finds the consistency of 2012 again you've got a hell of a top two on your hands.

http://youtu.be/wQNAgUzjz4Q Edited by martin_t
  • Like 1

Don't get the love for the Birmingham team after 3 signings. Dangerous to build so top heavy, because as good as they will be in 13 and 15, there are a lot of other races in a meeting! They need to have 3 or 4 fantastic signings to fill in the rest of the team to do anything.

Bearing in mind that with what's left to spend in the averages, the next signings will be 4, 5 or 6 point riders (or thereabouts) so how "fantastic" they will be will remain to be seen. If, who I've been given a "heads-up" for as our next signing, gets announced officially though, I think that the current "love" will be maintained for a while yet.

Hardly a relief. Cradley look like they're going to walk the league instead.

I would say Birmingham look significantly stronger on riders named so far...

Cradley look stronger because they have the tricky bottom end sorted and with good riders to boot. To say they are going to walk the league is going a bit far imo though.

Neale has experience at the bottom end for Cradley, while Perks is the best 3 pointer anyone could have signed. Luke Harris has bags of potential and won't be over awed starting as a second string. Greaves will develop into a real NL heatleader too.

Looking at the Brummies so far there is no doubt that Perry and Ellis will be one of the best heatleader duos out there. They will have a long tail though and it may be hard for them to fill the bottom end to the same standard that Cradley have.

It seems to me at this stage though that there may well be a tussle between the two Perry Barr clubs for the league title in 2015.

• Like 2

He's also the son of ex Hackney rider Trevor Banks and made an appearance for Devon last year.

Welcome to Perry Barr Harvie!

Harvie is a good moto x rider and has done some training over here . I know his dad very well and he's a good kid. He could turn out to be a surprise signing .

Dont know much about Harvie Banks except he has a good pedigree, from what I gather on the jungle drums, Brum have there 7 all sorted, what might prove to be an issue is Adams average, it seems Brum advisor Phil Morris seems to think his average is his lower NL average of 8.90, whereas other NL Team managers suggest it is his higher 9.34 average, now if Brum have sorted there 7 riders, it will be interesting what average they have used.

So it seems there pre season has been similar to last year in so far as that they will have Team manager who hasnt signed the riders, unless Mr D comes on board, that is if he isnt already.

Edited by greyhoundp

Welcome and good luck to Mr Banks Jr. It will be interesting to see how he and Ellis Perks at Cradley get on this year. Being the son of a former rider can be a good thing but as Liam Rumsey at Mildenhall has shown, it's no guarantee to greatness. Let's keep fingers crossed though that these riders adapt to the sport and make life interesting.

Great to see Sons etc of Ex-riders carry on the family tradition.

Looking forward to the NL next year as could be the most interesting of all the Leagues.

The below is an extract from Speedway GB. Very clever achievement by the two gents...... :rofl:

He’s the son of former Hackney rider Trevor Banks and Phil Morris, who is putting the Brummies team together before taking up his role with the FIM at Grand Prix and World Cup level, is pleased with the move.

• Like 2

Welcome and good luck to Mr Banks Jr. It will be interesting to see how he and Ellis Perks at Cradley get on this year. Being the son of a former rider can be a good thing but as Liam Rumsey at Mildenhall has shown, it's no guarantee to greatness. Let's keep fingers crossed though that these riders adapt to the sport and make life interesting.

Who is Liam Rumsey's Dad then?

I believe his grandad was a rider. Long before my time though. Les rings a bell.

I was told it's Les Rumsey - http://www.speedwayplus.com/les_rumsey.shtml

I believe his grandad was a rider. Long before my time though. Les rings a bell.

Maybe I was told wrong...Blimey, they must 'av 'em young in that part of the world if it's a grandad / grandson thing...Still, same principle about no guarantees to greatness applies.

Edited by uk martin