British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

Seems Im hearing Sam Chapman is in there somewhere, we wont have long to wait now, before we know. :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp

Seems Im hearing Sam Chapman is in there somewhere, we wont have long to wait now, before we know. :wink:

If that's right, we've got the makings of an excellent team for next year. And exactly 4 points left for the last rider.

• Like 1

Would be an excellent signing if true, think he could add a couple of points on his start average.

Kev.

Wasn't it Les Rumsey? Who once rode for us doubling up. I seem to remember him guesting for us in an inter-league competition at Rye House, and scoring an 18-point maximum! Not even Hans Nielsen could do that!

Liam is no relation to Les

I stand corrected then! ;)

I stand corrected then! ;)

It seems many of us do. I was also told that Liam was Les's son...then someone on here says he was his grandson...now we're told that there is no relationship at all. Whatever.

It seems many of us do. I was also told that Liam was Les's son...then someone on here says he was his grandson...now we're told that there is no relationship at all. Whatever.

So just to clear it up.. You aren't related to neither Martin Johnson, Martin Hagon or Martin Sheen? :D

So just to clear it up.. You aren't related to neither Martin Johnson, Martin Hagon or Martin Sheen? :D

And we aren't related to James Dean or Dean Martin. :D

• Like 1

And we aren't related to James Dean or Dean Martin. :D

I gather that due to a bout of pneumonia, the Archbishop of Canterbury was unable to give his Christmas sermon this year, and that a homily was given by the Dean of Canterbury instead http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30604249

I'm assuming that this wasn't either of you two. Not unless either the Dean of Sutton Coldfiled or the Dean of Crewe has quietly and secretly been promoted to this new position???

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Birmingham Speedway ‏@BrumSpeedway · 7s7 seconds ago

We are delighted to welcome Sam Chapman as the club’s latest signing for the 2015 National League season.

• Like 1

Really happy the signing of Sam Chapman has been confirmed, think its a great signing :t: . Last season was his first in the National League and to improve his average the way he did in what a team getting slaughtered home and away was a great effort. He's still only 16 and I think there's alot more to come from him. I see no reason why he cant put 2 pts on his average as he was beating good nl riders towards the end of last season.

The team is good, Wizzer has done a great job as caretaker manager. We have a strong top 2 in Ellis and Perry and in Chapman a good third heatleader to back them up. Any success will depend on how the new lads do but Wajtknecht has shown his talent on a motorcycle in other forms of the sport. Alex Wilson is beating established NL riders in the current winter series and hes starting on a 3pt average. A little less is known about Harvie as hes mainly just done Motocross but we have seen riders come from that and make big impacts in the sport. At least he should be able to gate! :D

So looking forward to March with Optimism, hope the last signing is a good one and people come out in numbers to support the team. We cant complain about the side being built unlike 12 months ago.

• Like 2