British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Anybody know how big this Warsaw Track is in metres ?

Supply and demand I suppose. It's cheaper to go to Stockholm too :o

Until you get to the 3rd or 4th beer then you'll be hating Stockholm and loving Cardiff!!

Hi,

I would like to present company provide transfers from Modlin Airport to Warsaw.

We made lot of transfers for supporters of football games in Warsaw and all of them were happy with our services.

We offer good comfort for reasonable price - transfer for 1-4 people cost only £30.

It would be an honour for us to realise transfer for speedway fans.

Our drivers will give some advice about Warsaw attractions, nightlife and how to spend good time in Warsaw.

We also prepared Warsaw city guide brochures. Just write "Speedway UK" on booking form.

Please let me know if You have any questions about our services.

Marcin

www.ModlinTransport.pl

Anybody know how big this Warsaw Track is in metres ?

About the same size as Cardiff, Stockholm, Horsen and previously Copenhagen. I don't know exactly but around 275m maybe.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Until you get to the 3rd or 4th beer then you'll be hating Stockholm and loving Cardiff!!

You seem to think we are ignorant of that SCB... :D

Why don't you ask the questions of the promotions/those in the know, and put the interviews in the Star? We would all be interested ☺

Investigative journalism has to be left to those with 5 minutes to spare on the Internet... ;)

• Like 1

For anyone that is interested, I've been in touch with Lodz via Facebook and they have confirmed the meeting on Sunday. Around 1hr30min travel time from Warsaw. Parade at 1.30pm and Tapes up at 2pm.

Track address; 6 Sierpnia 71, Łódź, Poland.

About the same size as Cardiff, Stockholm, Horsen and previously Copenhagen. I don't know exactly but around 275m maybe.

Cheers mate.

For anyone that is interested, I've been in touch with Lodz via Facebook and they have confirmed the meeting on Sunday. Around 1hr30min travel time from Warsaw. Parade at 1.30pm and Tapes up at 2pm.

Track address; 6 Sierpnia 71, Łódź, Poland.

Google translation from Lodz website

April 18 all eyes will be on the National Stadium, and already one day later this boat will be able to boast the tournament with an international cast.

List of players has already closed, but it will be announced at the next press conference by the President - Witold Skrzydlewskiego. However, we can already tell you that the tournament will be attended by athletes from 10 countries! What is also important for the fans of the Eagle - the tournament will have a major impact on the composition of the match for the match with Gniezno. It all makes the emotions at the highest level will be guaranteed!

Admission to the event will showcase the unique luminaire, which will start at 13:30. What is important in our tournament, no one will be a loser. For each provides financial rewards, as well as souvenirs. What is interesting in the club almost constantly ringing phones. Lodz after GP in Warsaw selected many fans. Not only those of Polish. Together let us show that the inhabitants of Lodz are able to play with a black sport!

Ticket prices remain unchanged compared to league games. The presale, which will begin on Wednesday, tickets will be available at florists H. Skrzydlewska costs 30 ZL. Then the person who purchased the ticket at the stadium before the program will receive the event.

On the day of the tournament tickets will be available at the stadium for the price of 35 ZL. Our club is once again a policy of pro-family! Women, young people under the age of 18 and seniors over 70 years watch competitions for free. Families are welcome to visit the stadium on Sunday afternoon!

Why don't you ask the questions of the promotions/those in the know, and put the interviews in the Star? We would all be interested ☺

Speedway Star and investigative journalism simply do not mix.

The whole British speedway media and multimedia scene is one big cartel. If you do what the BSPA / SloSpeed International (Terry Russell) say, and print their press releases, prevent your photos / videos from going onto the Internet, and lick the appropriate backsides, you may belong...if you ask too many questions, dig beneath the surface, expose the soft underbelly of the sport, then you are in trouble. Then you'll be invited to the SCB disciplinary committee for a meeting without tea and biscuits. Your card will be marked and you will be out.

Phillip Rising and all at Speedway Star are at an age now where if that magazine were to fold, they would be too old to get jobs anywhere else (other than at B&Q possibly)...they have to keep their jobs at Speedway Star, so they have to keep that magazine running, so they have to be patsies to the authorities, print what the BSPA tell them, and do as they are told, and if that means looking the other way whilst the truth unfolds, so be it.

What we need is a proper terrier of an investigative reporter in a tabloid newspaper...that would be fun.

• Like 1

What we need is a proper terrier of an investigative reporter in a tabloid newspaper...that would be fun.

It would be for an hour or two, but there's no money in it because no-one actually cares about the sport beyond a declining handful of fans who are happy to blow their air horns once a year at Cardiff.

• Like 1

The organizers of the Grand Prix want to Tomasz Gollob drove in all of this year's tournament. The crucial talks will take place after the event at the National Stadium. - It is shocking, almost incredible offer - says Tomasz Gollob.

- For now, however, I want to stand ready to take off in Warsaw, and then we'll discuss. I want to see how I will go to the National - Gollob added.

It's hard to tell what decides Gollob. So far, he said that the Grand Prix is a closed chapter and the tournament in Warsaw will be purely farewell. Tom probably did not expect that he will get a serious offer driving cycle. Now you will have to think about. If it is decided to go with the number 16.

Taken from espeedway.pl, is this serious.

I wouldn't be averse to having Mr G in every round, just as long as he put some effort in and didn't just go through the motions, 'a la 2013.

Gollob and the GPs is history. History is best kept in the past. Next we'll have people suggesting wheeling out Ivan Mauger or Ole Olsen. They have had their time, they were great riders but in 2015 none of them should be a in a GP, certainly not if they don't want to be there anyway!

Why take things to ridiculous extremes suggesting Mauger and Olsen?

All I'm saying is if Gollob retains half of the ability he had 3 or 4 years ago he would provide more entertainment than most of this years wild cards, who (with a few notable exceptions down the years) don't add much to the meeting.

Probably all irrelevant anyway as I can't see it happening.