British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Talking out of your backside.

Track wasnt a disgrace. Diificult but not a disgrace. Riders were passing each other the racing wasnt that bad. Did you see Harris.

Ive seen far far worse tracks at Cardiff. If the tapes were not broken im in no doubt the meeting would have carried on.

If you thought the racing was garbage i think you must have watched a different meeting to everyone else.

If you was a first time watcher you would think the start gate was farcical and then wonder why the hell the riders didnt want to ride.

Even if you are right, should the supporters get there money back? or did you think the entertainment given was anough.

It's not an opinion, it's what happened.

The riders caused an unnecessary delay to the meeting because they (or it should be said a few of them) were whinging over a green light start?

The riders got the meeting called off as a few of them were moaning.. i.e. weren't doing very well.

Was it FACT?

They had to basically give half the tickets away at Warsaw to get the crowd they did, the PZM paid a fortune to make that meeting work and were totally let down by BSI!!

Trees, there are limits in spreading roumors and bluntly speaking just lies.

If you have proofs that half the tickets at the Warsaw GP were given away to get the crowd they did, then show it.

You are easily pleased then, had you had a few beers by then.?

You prefer the gating tarts paradises most GPs are run on?

Niamh

You prefer the gating tarts paradises most GPs are run on?

Niamh

What like Torun/Bydgoszcz.?

It's not an opinion, it's what happened.

The riders caused an unnecessary delay to the meeting because they (or it should be said a few of them) were whinging over a green light start?

The riders got the meeting called off as a few of them were moaning.. i.e. weren't doing very well.

What was a disgrace was they were allowed to get away with delaying the meeting in the first place (over the green light) and also the fact that the tapes weren't working and nobody seemed to have any idea of how to solve it was not professional either (organisers fault).

Correct. Advantage appears to have been taken of an inexperienced race director. The 2 mins should have been put on and any riders not ready to race dealt with accordingly. Maybe Phil Morris hasn't properly managed the transition from rider to race director. Just watched a few heats again and I reiterate that there was nothing wrong with that track, in fact as one offs go it was pretty darm good.

Hopefully severe action will be taken against the riders and Ole Olsen should be exonerated. Under no circumstances should any prize money be paid in relation to this GP

• Like 1

Was it FACT?

lol..

No it wasn't fact.. The meeting wasn't delayed, there was no riders meeting and guess what.. It wasn't postponed.

FFS

Trees, there are limits in spreading roumors and bluntly speaking just lies.

If you have proofs that half the tickets at the Warsaw GP were given away to get the crowd they did, then show it.

I'm sorry I didn't mean given away, I mean they were very cheap for a World Championship meeting, "given away" is a "figure of speech".

Perhaps you can tell me if the cost of the tickets was effectively subsidised by the PZM? Or am I completely wrong? The cheapest tickets were 49zl = £8.86

Edited by Trees

It's obvious what went wrong on Saturday. What was needed was an off-duty referee, an off-duty race director, an off-duty starting gate mechanic, an off-duty track layer and 18 off-duty riders. That would have sorted it.

Problem was that the ruts weren't allowed time to develop into holes, then an off-duty 'Norbold's Hole' technican could have fixed them.

• Like 1

What like Torun/Bydgoszcz.?

There are 12 GP venues, and both orf those have been prepared differently for GPs in the past.

Niamh

I'm sorry I didn't mean given away, I mean they were very cheap for a World Championship meeting, "given away" is a "figure of speech".

Perhaps you can tell me if the cost of the tickets was effectively subsidised by the PZM? Or am I completely wrong?

So we have 1 pseron saying they were very cheap, and another saying they were over £40!

Niamh

It's interesting some are up in arms about it being 'dangerous'.

I'll tell you what IS dangerous.

Riders riding who are injured.

Perhaps they've hurt their wrist and can barely even hold onto the bike.. what might happen? Ah yes, they keep sliding off.. (not looking at you Mr Batchelor).

Perhaps they are so low in confidence they're tootling into corners, which is always asking for trouble.. (not looking at you Mr Holder).

Anyone else fall off? Anyone? No?

The next time a rider shows up to ride injured, maybe they have a broken collarbone, maybe they've got a knee injury they should told be told.. "Sorry lads, too dangerous".

• Like 6

Correct. Advantage appears to have been taken of an inexperienced race director. The 2 mins should have been put on and any riders not ready to race dealt with accordingly. Maybe Phil Morris hasn't properly managed the transition from rider to race director. Just watched a few heats again and I reiterate that there was nothing wrong with that track, in fact as one offs go it was pretty darm good.

Hopefully severe action will be taken against the riders and Ole Olsen should be exonerated. Under no circumstances should any prize money be paid in relation to this GP

I agree to the point about the riders, but not the part about Ole Olsen should be exonerated. Anybody who was responsible for the faulty equipment cannot be excused. There is simple no excuse for the ship shod behaviour we had to endure.

Nobody comes out of this meeting with any credit....... It was a shambles of the highest order.......

Am i the only person on here that thought Saturday was a disgrace? you tell me?.

try reading my post properly not just choose things and twist things.

the track (as said by many on here) was NOT a disgrace which was my point

the evening descended into a disgrace due to the riders not wanting to race. Yes the starting tapes went wrong but i think the green light worked well made it a level playing field.

Feel free to comment on my posts but dont mix what im saying

I heard from the Polish lad i work with the tickets were about 30/ or 40 pounds upwards?

A terrible post but fair play it is your opinion you are entitled to it.!

Its not an opinion its fact

HAVE sympathy with what you say but, hypothetically, the riders say the track is unsafe, they are 'forced' to continue and one gets seriously hurt or even worse. Can you imagine the law suits that would inevitably follow?

Don't think the inexperience of Phil Morris had anything to do with it. He cannot be blamed for anything that went on although one does wonder whether an Olsen or Olsson, who both performed at the highest level, might have had better luck with the riders when they dug their heals in.

There are already arguments going on as to who was responsible for starting gate, lights, etc. Speed Sport or the PZM. The referee (Jim Lawrence) and Jury President (Tony Steele) say that the starting gate was tested on numerous occasions on Saturday and yet it was obvious from heat 1 that there was a problem. Communication between the pits and the referee, once the crowd and the PA were in full voice, was virtually impossible.

Once they had switched to the green light they should have stuck with it. After the first attempt there was nothing wrong with the starts.

The one task (track building) that BSI essentially contract out is of course the most vital component of any speedway meeting. But even after Saturday morning's practice Andreas Jonsson told Paul Bellamy not to worry, it would be okay.

It's interesting some are up in arms about it being 'dangerous'.

I'll tell you what IS dangerous.

Riders riding who are injured.

Perhaps they've hurt their wrist and can barely even hold onto the bike.. what might happen? Ah yes, they keep sliding off.. (not looking at you Mr Batchelor).

Perhaps they are so low in confidence they're tootling into corners, which is always asking for trouble.. (not looking at you Mr Holder).

Anyone else fall off? Anyone? No?

The next time a rider shows up to ride injured, maybe they have a broken collarbone, maybe they've got a knee injury they should told be told.. "Sorry lads, too dangerous".

Two things spring to mind.

First the riders have now set the bar.In future they can't justify riding in the same or worse conditions.And it would be interesting given the number of times Polish league meetings have been run in dodgy conditions and the clubs have been fined by the PZM for the state of the track.We have seen a few riders complain that they have been forced to ride by their polish club whilst being injured.Nicki Pedersen is one that springs to mind a few season back.It will be interesting in future to see how they react in polish league meetings for instance from now on given how much money they receive from their clubs/sponsors.........

Imo they have set the bar fairly low.Will they stick to this standard or ignore a dodgy track on other occasions?

Edited by iris123