British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

.These two on the Forum with Oldace,Blazeaway for me are glorified forum bullies,they know how to play the game and cleverly.

I dont play any games Sidney, but I can accept being wrong without getting in a tizzy. Actually along with your rants you often make valid contributions that I find myself agreeing with. Your assertion earlier re Wembley 81 was a point I agree 100% with. You seem to have a good knowledge of the sport in the main but you are so hostile when anyone disagrees with you.

Anyway about that fight, Thursday ok with you

• Like 2

I dont play any games Sidney, but I can accept being wrong without getting in a tizzy. Actually along with your rants you often make valid contributions that I find myself agreeing with. Your assertion earlier re Wembley 81 was a point I agree 100% with. You seem to have a good knowledge of the sport in the main but you are so hostile when anyone disagrees with you.

Anyway about that fight, Thursday ok with you

No problem you know where I am, hostile i think not one or two suspects rile me on here and you are one of them.There are lots of people on here i really respect bigtime are great company have great knowledge. You know your stuff as well but you know how to get a reaction out of me my problem Thursday night it is.

Oh really? Not all spectators understand track conditions I grant you, but hypothetically what about a former rider, someone who graced the world stage for many years who was there in a spectator or commentary capacity. Would his opinion be equally of no consequence? Are you saying only the 18 riders elected to ride are allowed to give opinion on the tracks state?

Yes

Only those who rode the track could say whether it was safe or unsafe - note, it was deemed to be unsafe, not dangerous

Someone who has ridden on another track on another day could not opine on Warsaw Saturday night

Fredrik Lindgren tweeted he didn't see anything wrong with it.

As mentioned prior neither Tatum or Nicholls had the slightest thought that the meeting was going to be abandoned... again this is unprecedented.. when a track is too dangerous to ride, the commentators are fully aware of it and saying the meeting is in doubt for some time prior.

But Lindgren didn't ride it, nor did Tatum or Nicholls

Ole Olsen has ridden a speedway bike. He has won many World Titles. He has prepared more tracks than most.

Yet a few people on here seem to be arguing with his expert opinion. Thats odd. As I don't believe they have won as much as him on a speedway bike or preped as many tracks.

Edited by SCB

What is?[/quote

Pardon?

Ole Olsson has ridden a speedway bike. He has won many World Titles. He has prepared more tracks than most.

Yet a few people on here seem to be arguing with his expert opinion. Thats odd. As I don't believe they have won as much as him on a speedway bike or preped as many tracks.

I assume you mean Olsen, not Olsson

Where does his expert opinion come into this? His company/he was responsible for laying a track deemed by riders who rode it to be unsafe - where is his "expert opinion"? Or have I missed a statement from him?

Yes

Only those who rode the track could say whether it was safe or unsafe - note, it was deemed to be unsafe, not dangerous

Someone who has ridden on another track on another day could not opine on Warsaw Saturday night

But Lindgren didn't ride it, nor did Tatum or Nicholls

what you are talking about there Midland Red is unbeatable rider power

most of us arent stupid........ we have memory banks of umpteen matches meetings and races and in most instances could provide an opinion on conditions......................... then some of us have also been riders ............ and some have also been officials........................ the suggestion that only the 18 riders on the night should have an opinion on whether the track was dangerous is over the top................. should they have an opinion? yes of course very much so and the officials should carefully listen and consider............... should whatever the riders say goes? no that would be ludicrous

Why all the bickering? I don't get it........doesn't change a single thing.

What we do know is that collectively, the riders pulled the meeting using the FIM jury to legitimise/ sanction their decision, i.e. make it official and take the heat of the riders. If they had actually wanted to continue the meeting and race, then they most certainly would have continued.

Doesn't matter whether the FIM originally approved the track or not, Ole Olsen and his team were responsible for laying it, if indeed there was anything wrong with it at all. Not only that but you would have thought that by now Ole would have had enough experience under his belt to at least provide a track capable of lasting for 30 minutes racing (allowing for a couple of re-runs)

The only way, in my eyes, that the entire bunch of f@#king retards can redeem themselves is to start over and make the next GP (wherever it is), round 1. They then add Warsaw back in to the calender after Melbourne so it becomes the 12th and final GP in the series and to all those who originally bought tickets offer free entry.

This way the almighty disaster that should never have been, can be considered a dress rehearsal for the real thing, that or "how not to run a world class speedway event".

Where does his expert opinion come into this? His company/he was responsible for laying a track deemed by riders who rode it to be unsafe - where is his "expert opinion"? Or have I missed a statement from him?

Correct I do.

I'm using the same screwed up logic that says the rider are experts so can demand what they like. They apparently know how to ride a bike as thats their job. So I'm pointing out that using that stupid theory that Ole Olsen is an expert track man who he knows how to build a track.

So you need a statement from him?Don't you think he's professional enough to only provide them with a good track?

And wheres this statement that says the riders through the track was unfit?

ame="Oldace" post="2602657" timestamp="1429645543"]

Pardon?

I think SCB was still cracking his teeth on rusks, or wasn't even thought of when OLSEN was riding... :rofl: Good rider he Was, doesn't make him suitable for the job he has.. Many good footballers turn to management, doesn't mean to say they'll make good managers. And if they don't produce the goods what happens to them ?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3

WK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKowTuMSSk

Go to 1hr and 15 mins and watch Heat 11.

Forget what you know happened afterwards.

There is absolutely no way in the world you could remotely begin to think that is a track 'too dangerous' to race on. It's a cracking race between Jonasson and Gollob.. not one filled with mistakes, not bucking and rearing, just simply a good speedway race which requires a decent track to happen!!

One should also note Iversen, wheel perfect and VERY fast in winning the race... what's his reaction at the end? Is he shaking his head as riders do when they think it's dangerous? Oh no, he's punching the air in celebration.

Indeed, carry on watching and you get a shot of Iversen back in the pits.. "Thumbs up" to the camera, not a care in the world. Again NOT the actions of someone who thinks the track is dangerous.

Agree.

I wonder if some of the problem with preparing and indoor track could be the difficulty of containing too much loose top surface most indoors have several rows of seats covered to prevent too much dirt getting onto seating , and if too much top surface is applied then more will get showered further out ,, so the surface has to be made harder than normal and consequently once the very hard crust is breached and the softer underbelly is exposed the inconsistencies become apparent with areas of slick and grip ..

I wonder if some of the problem with preparing and indoor track could be the difficulty of containing too much loose top surface most indoors have several rows of seats covered to prevent too much dirt getting onto seating , and if too much top surface is applied then more will get showered further out ,, so the surface has to be made harder than normal and consequently once the very hard crust is breached and the softer underbelly is exposed the inconsistencies become apparent with areas of slick and grip ..

Nothing to do with that. Its time and giving the track chance to bed in , then keep rolling it. lightly spike it lightly water then keep rolling it. but if you have crap for shale, your wasting your time whatever you do. But trying to put an indoor temporary track in in 3 days or a week is madness. you need time. and track before profit. Saturday proved, if you don't have the stage, that's what you'll get...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

I think SCB was still cracking his teeth on rusks, or wasn't even thought of when OLSEN was riding... :rofl: Good rider he Was, doesn't make him suitable for the job he has.. Many good footballers turn to management, doesn't mean to say they'll make good managers. And if they don't produce the goods what happens to them ?

They become tv pundits and steal a living that way instead, jobs for the boys.

I think the covered seats are more to do with the fact that they can't sell them because they don't offer a view of the track due the the height of the air-fence, could be wrong though. Also I thought the dirt deflectors stop the shale flying up, or have they stopped using them now?