British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Hi does anyone know if there is a meeting on close to Warsaw on Sunday? I don't think there are league fixtures which is a shame but there was talk of a polish team match.

The only meeting scheduled for that day(at moment) is an individual meeting at Lodz. google translation of Sportowefakty article.

Eagle Speedway riders on their track will present a league match only at the end of April. Therefore, the club authorities organize a tournament where the prize for victory will be € 1,300.

Eagle Boat inaugurate the season in Bydgoszcz, however League speedway stadium Street 6th August, fans will have to wait until April 26th. Therefore, the authorities decided April 19 club tournament organized individual.

Interestingly enough players willing to participate are invited to apply to the club, please e-mail: klub@orzel.lodz.pl interested speedway riders get more information, but the club reserves the right to choose the cast.

Another interesting feature is that the public are given awards for various places in the tournament. The winner can count on € 1,300.

Witold Skrzydlewski invites players to the tournament on 19 April

Prizes in the tournament:

Finale

1st place - 1300 euro

2nd place - 1,100 euros

3rd place - 900 euro

4th place - 700 euro

Semifinals

1-2 place - finals

3rd place - 500 euro

4th place - 500 euro

Main Round

1-8 place - advance to semifinals

9-16 place - 300 euro

Lodz is a nice place! :) Not seen there racing yet, but had a look at the track last year.

After many many roadtrips to Poland we are now flying for the first time to Warsaw from Eindhoven, should be fun :) Looks like easy transport to the city as well with ModlinBus :) :)

Lodz is a nice place! :) Not seen there racing yet, but had a look at the track last year.

After many many roadtrips to Poland we are now flying for the first time to Warsaw from Eindhoven, should be fun :) Looks like easy transport to the city as well with ModlinBus :) :)

Snap ;) but Stansted -Modlin-bought my bus tickets online £16 for return for 2 people.

• Like 1

Snap ;) but Stansted -Modlin-bought my bus tickets online £16 for return for 2 people.

Flying Stansted - Modlin too. Got in early with busy tickets and only paid £9 return for two

Gates opening at 4pm on race-day -start time 7pm.

There is some sort of Gollob farewell event happening in the stadium at 6pm so will try and get in for that. Fan zone starts at 12pm.

Flying Stansted - Modlin too. Got in early with busy tickets and only paid £9 return for two

There is some sort of Gollob farewell event happening in the stadium at 6pm so will try and get in for that. Fan zone starts at 12pm.

I have been shafted again !!! that £7 difference would have brought me a few drinks in Poland :lol: Are you going out on Friday? -we are on the midday (12.10) flight.

I have been shafted again !!! that £7 difference would have brought me a few drinks in Poland :lol: Are you going out on Friday? -we are on the midday (12.10) flight.

We are on the 8.30am flight Friday morning & coming back Monday afternoon.

Shouldn't you be on your way to Wembley?

Shouldn't you be on your way to Wembley?

Indeed- I was even working last Monday and had to miss the demolition of Bradford. Surely the FA should have realised there was a major event in Poland that weekend before setting the date. The good news is that I can make the final when we beat those Gooners :lol:

There is now also a Poland vs ... meeting in Krosno on the sunday :) Opponent to be announced soon. Quite a trip from Warsaw on not very smooth roads though, no highway.

Gates opening at 4pm on race-day -start time 7pm.

Not so sure about this Tim...years since I was at LODZ....at that time they had no lights...am told start time is 1600hrs..4.00pm...

Not so sure about this Tim...years since I was at LODZ....at that time they had no lights...am told start time is 1600hrs..4.00pm...

Hi Spiegal I was talking about Stadion Narodowy Warsaw (Noodles realised that) I should have made it clearer. I am sure you are right about the start time in Lodz-I will be in the air then so won`t be there.

First reserve for the series, yes. Unless he withdraws himself after having signed on for practise.