British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

So as a mean Scot paying £170 for 12 heats, is there any avenue to get a refund? Don't quote me ticket conditions as a 5 year old could prove they are unfair. Who was my contract for 23 heats of racing with?

Part of my defence was that there is no way I had £170 worth of food and drink by heat 12... or heat 11.... or heat 10.........

Hmmm....You maybe didn't get value before heat 12, but I reckon you would have scooped your money's worth during the hour+ after heat 12 :D

I thought we had cleared this myth up...Nicki had no input into Doyle's exclusion.

The only thing that got Doyle excluded was him dropping the clutch about half a second before the green light went off...I hope he is suitably embarrassed at his grumpy claims to Phil Morris that he went with the light when several camera angles proved that he was WAY ahead of the light :D

Where did this quote from Bomber come from? Was it an interview during the meeting and if so, at what point?

After Heat 8 he said to Steve Brandon that he thought the track was good and then he went out and Won heat 9 so surely he wouldn't then say the track is dangerous ?

I thought we had cleared this myth up...Nicki had no input into Doyle's exclusion.

The only thing that got Doyle excluded was him dropping the clutch about half a second before the green light went off...I hope he is suitably embarrassed at his grumpy claims to Phil Morris that he went with the light when several camera angles proved that he was WAY ahead of the light :D

Where did this quote from Bomber come from? Was it an interview during the meeting and if so, at what point?

After Heat 8 he said to Steve Brandon that he thought the track was good and then he went out and Won heat 9 so surely he wouldn't then say the track is dangerous ?

This is the point about 'clearing things up'.

That will never happen.

It is always going to be 'one person's word against another'.

Or one person's view against another's back-covering denial

On in Bomber's case his OWN word against his OWN word just few minutes later.

Edited by Grand Central

Or the rest of his 12,315 posts.

To Starman's defense, he's made some valid points on track preparation

• Like 3

Did you see the pic of the track in the star, where you could clearly see the vehicle tracks in it, track was very soft at that point!

Re what Bomber said in his interview on tele, he said the racing was gonna get better lol, I thought at the time it was only gonna get worse not better on that track!

Can't be bothered to trawl right thro this but re Doyle's exclusion did I read somewhere that the exclusion lights were not working and the phone link from ref box to pits was also not working. If that's the case it would explain the very long delay before Doyle was informed of the decision and Nicki asking Phil Morris why he hadn't been when riders had been told no leniency would be shown.

If the above is correct it's just adding more fuel to the fire that the organisers/BSI/FIM were negligent in not testing equipment before the event.

Apologies if I dreamt the whole thing but have been suffering with flu this week so hallucinations are possible :P

Did you see the pic of the track in the star, where you could clearly see the vehicle tracks in it, track was very soft at that point!

Re what Bomber said in his interview on tele, he said the racing was gonna get better lol, I thought at the time it was only gonna get worse not better on that track!

Tyre tracks on a speedway track? Unbelievable, never seen that before.... Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but how many times did the start girls line up in the wrong lanes? Just something else that went wrong.

Can't be bothered to trawl right thro this but re Doyle's exclusion did I read somewhere that the exclusion lights were not working and the phone link from ref box to pits was also not working. If that's the case it would explain the very long delay before Doyle was informed of the decision and Nicki asking Phil Morris why he hadn't been when riders had been told no leniency would be shown.

If the above is correct it's just adding more fuel to the fire that the organisers/BSI/FIM were negligent in not testing equipment before the event.

Apologies if I dreamt the whole thing but have been suffering with flu this week so hallucinations are possible :P

When versions of the truth are one persons view against another, (i.e. Lawrence or Doyle) it will depend on who you believe. In this case I would have thought we could actually get to the bottom of things as there were 15 other riders in the meeting to discuss starting on the green light. Was it agreed that leniency would be shown or not? Can one of the other 15 can let us know?

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but how many times did the start girls line up in the wrong lanes? Just something else that went wrong.

Ah - so now we know what Pedersen was complaining to the ref about.

no don't think you are hallucinating SL I'm sure I read that too.

Tyre tracks on a speedway track? Unbelievable, never seen that before....

If you continue to roll and roll a damp track, any moisture deep down in the track underbelly is drawn to the surface, making the task of trying to roll out ruts even harder, eventually the track would start to dry, but in the micro climate of an indoor arena like that, maybe not......

If you continue to roll and roll a damp track, any moisture deep down in the track underbelly is drawn to the surface, making the task of trying to roll out ruts even harder, eventually the track would start to dry, but in the micro climate of an indoor arena like that, maybe not......

My comment was in jest.

Trees used the fact she could see tracks as some kind of damning evidence. You see tracks on pretty much every speedway track!