British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Lewis Bridger

Absolutely, Poole have done a cracking job with keeping Darcy Ward on the straight and narrow haven't they :lol:

Bridger is one of those characters that needs cuddles and reigning in from time to time. Middlo isn't in that league. More like, spend a night in the pub getting wasted and a fight after.

You can lead a horse to a trough, but u cant make it drink it!!!

You can lead a horse to a trough, but u cant make it drink it!!!

Chap is his own worst enemy and his extra large head has got him to where he is now. Shame as he was a real talent but like so many others he was world champion in his head and acted like it before he had won anything.

• Like 1

Absolutely, Poole have done a cracking job with keeping Darcy Ward on the straight and narrow haven't they :lol:

Bridger is one of those characters that needs cuddles and reigning in from time to time. Middlo isn't in that league. More like, spend a night in the pub getting wasted and a fight after.

What is the fixation with Darcy Ward (as for some it is Chris Harris!).

What is the fixation with Darcy Ward (as for some it is Chris Harris!).

No idea mate!

No idea mate!

They used to say bad publicity is better than no publicity, not so sure that's the case with young Darcy, still don't believe he would have been totally leathered though.... Just a case of one to many the night before, which in itself was a bad decision, and he's madea lifetimes worth already, so...... Perhaps this will sort him out for good......

They used to say bad publicity is better than no publicity, not so sure that's the case with young Darcy, still don't believe he would have been totally leathered though.... Just a case of one to many the night before, which in itself was a bad decision, and he's madea lifetimes worth already, so...... Perhaps this will sort him out for good......

I do hope you are right

I'm a seasoned supporter from the early '50's, and I've watched countless good ones over the years. I've watched Lewis Bridger at Poole this year each time he has appeared, and his performances have been simply jaw dropping, quite stunning. We are used to good performers here at Wimborne Road, but Lewis Bridger's have been some of the best, acknowledged by many who are not usually that forthcoming in their praise over speedway's "characters". I think he has explained his thoughts and feelings very well, and I think he is dead right in taking his proposed course of action. It needs to be done for him.

From a purely personal perspective, for my own gratification, I sincerely hope he comes back, to give us the opportunity to witness more of his breathtaking ability.

You can only be the 99th incarnation of KKS.

He's signed for Coventry!! what's going on?

Changed his mind :lol: Taking a break didn't last very long :P

I for one am pleased to see Bridger back. I'm even more pleased he's gone to a big track and moved away from trick tracks.

Over the last few years he's had various different personal issues to deal with. After last season I have a new found belief in him. Now he has a real 2nd chance and now is the time to take it with both hands.

• Like 2

Good luck Lewis. Glad you changed your mind and hope to see you in action during the season.

• Like 1

Good luck to him

To those who choose to mention his personal problems affecting his performance I'd say have you ever gone to work with that personal thing niggling away in the back of your mind ?

I know I have on many an occasions it doesn't matter what his job is he's human like the rest of us.

• Like 1

Not my favourite Rider but I do sincerely hope that he does well at Coventry.

Like him or loathe him - he would have been a sad loss to our Sport.

Will he have any bikes ready for the start of this season? (BEN Fund meeting - anyone?) He had difficulties in being ready in time last year and he's had 3 fewer months to get his stuff sorted out so far this winter, so what state will he be in, come mid-March?

Apparently Chris Harris and his team are helping him get bikes sorted.