British Speedway Forum

Max clegg will take the place of Richard Lawson in the England team

I am rather interested where this news is coming from as it doesn't appear on any official site.

Adam Roynon is always one of the first riders to get involved in things to help the sport. He has been amazing for Coventry Speedway and has gave up lots of his free time to help promote the club and speedway in general. He's also supported NL riders, sharing advise.

If Roynon could have been ready and there then I am sure he would have been.

Think it's sad people suggesting just cos he isn't riding that he shouldn't be helped by Ben funds.

Lots of riders unfortunately can't make it by the look of the line up.

• Like 1

Maybe it time to look at changing the date of this meeting, to when all riders are at least available to ask. Possibly when the SWC is on, ok you wont get the top GP riders but surely you could still make up more than a decent meeting with what's left.

Adam Roynon is always one of the first riders to get involved in things to help the sport. He has been amazing for Coventry Speedway and has gave up lots of his free time to help promote the club and speedway in general. He's also supported NL riders, sharing advise.

If Roynon could have been ready and there then I am sure he would have been.

Think it's sad people suggesting just cos he isn't riding that he shouldn't be helped by Ben funds.

Lots of riders unfortunately can't make it by the look of the line up.

what he seems to say in his press release is that he can't do it because his new suit and covers aren't there ? There's riding "sub standard" equipment and there's riding with different covers and one of last years suits.

Not really the most convincing of excuses is it ?!

And why exactly does it look like Glasgow are doing that?

And why exactly does it look like Glasgow are doing that?

wind yer kneck back in. argue when the important stuff starts.geez.

I notice you have completely ignored my request to back up your accusation of Glasgow withdrawing a rider with proof..... See:-

So you are accusing GLASGOW of pulling him out? Where is the proof of this please and what is the reason for him pulling out?

I will NEVER defend ANY rider who pulls out without justifiable cause no matter who he rides for but I reckon - unless you can of course prove otherwise - that you are well out of order and again showing inaccurate and bizarre bias by accusing Glasgow without proof. One of those involved at Glasgow was shocked when I mentioned to them that Lawson had apparently pulled out last night.

So come on then, you made the accusation - lets have the proof please that its Glasgow and not Mr Lawson himself and while you are at it if you could let us know the reason for his call off a lot of us would be grateful. Thanks :)

Id say an accusation like that - which can damage a promotions reputation - is pretty important especially to a new promotion and to the sport in general. I would like to know exactly why you made the accusation - if it were proved true I will be one of the first to have a go but I REFUSE to do so without proof. YOU made the accusation, now have the decency to provide the proof please rather than try and tell others to wind their neck in and ignore requests to back up a pretty serious accusation.

Thank you

• Like 2

The one who needs to wind his neck in is you!

You've continually trolled Glasgow related posts this close season

And don't judge my posts by your standards, your the one who argues and I suspect by the amount of baiting you do, enjoys having an "argue". Now how about posting some facts to back up what you originally said about Glasgow?

Edited by george.m
  • Like 3

I am rather interested where this news is coming from as it doesn't appear on any official site.

I hadn't seen it anywhere but unfortunately it's being announced at the stadium.

The one who needs to wing his neck in is you!

And don't judge my posts by your standards, your the one who argues and I suspect by the amount of baiting you do, enjoys having an "argue". Now how about posting some facts to back up what you originally said about Glasgow?

Poor old Jenga trolls most threads I`m afraid. :blink:

• Like 4

I was rather hoping that I might find one or two of the missing riders walking round with a collection bucket given they cannot ride but as yet I have not spotted any of them.

• Like 2

I hadn't seen it anywhere but unfortunately it's being announced at the stadium.

Did they say why Lawson has pulled out at the last minute?

Seems a shame some riders that have been beneficiaries in the past cant be arsed. Weak line-ups wont get the support needed.

Max clegg will take the place of Richard Lawson in the England team

that make team England a lot stronger. feel sorry for the other teams involved..

remind me what i said about glasgow.