British Speedway Forum

Hope the weather holds off. Don't look good on the forecast

I know it would go against the ethos of the SRBF but I feel any contributions to riders who refused to ride in this meeting be reduced.

If allegedly Roynon has been riding he is a prime example - though to be fair he is hardly an attraction is he?

i do agree although cookie has been receiving a bit of stick on here i think if he told the ben fund from the start it was up to them to say ok or maybe next time then, after all he did ride in it last year. adam roynon however is a different matter, he should be saying that he will be there even if he has to arrive on a stretcher due to the number of times he's left a stadium on one.

Great cause - very poor line up - the last Ben Fund i attended was at Rye House and the line up was like a Gp .

• Like 2

get ty proctor in. looks like Glasgow already protecting their assert. then again ,ther is a lot of man flu around at the moment.

And why exactly does it look like Glasgow are doing that?

Still looking for a texter for this, can anyone help please?

Thanks

I'm not attending but will ask around for you. Good luck. X

• Like 1

I know it would go against the ethos of the SRBF but I feel any contributions to riders who refused to ride in this meeting be reduced.

If allegedly Roynon has been riding he is a prime example - though to be fair he is hardly an attraction is he?

Doesn't matter. I can't remember a season since 2007 when he hasn't had a prolonged spell out through injury, I've said in the past the Roynon is too brittle boned to survive a season as a speedway rider and that every year, he's another long-term injury waiting to happen.

He's had his payments out ot the BEN pot, so to snub making a contribution back into it is, erm, rather bad manners, don't you think? And if it's true that he's been training around other tracks on bikes that he says he doesn't have, then that is absolutely unacceptable. How much of this sort of dishonesty does it take before there's a bona fide case for a rider (or riders) bringing the sport into disrepute? Is there not a case for them to answer to the authorities over this?

As Rob Godfrey says, if they refuse to contribute to the fund then they shouldn't be able to claim from it if (and in Roynon's case - WHEN) they god forbid, need to. I hope that Godfrey means what he says and that it wasn't all a knee jerk reaction to the disappointment to learning the news. Some of these riders need to be taught a lesson.

• Like 1

Hope the weather holds off. Don't look good on the forecast

Hi Phil, im in Bristol, about 35 miles from Swindon. A bit overcast but dry!

• Like 1

Its sad state of affairs when rider cant or don't want to do this meeting , after all its for all of their benefit is it not ? you never know when they might need to use it , one would like to think that the ones who have come up with the usual flimsy excuses would feel slightly sheepish or embarrassed about their behaviour but some how I doubt it very much

Thanks m8

Alas can't get to Swindon today as am back home after four day stay in hospital thanks to flu bug not covered by flu jab I had! Anyone out there I'm likely to see in next few weeks (at Lakeside, Kent, Rye H etc.,) going to meeting able to buy me a prog please and I'll reimburse you cost when I see you? Meanwhile good luck to all taking part and to "magic' Mason & Benji Compton as they complete their 300 mile pedal ride in aid of Ricky Ashworth. Thanks.

Am sorted on the meeting prog front (thanks CB!) so now hope all goes well at the meeting itself this afternoon.

• Like 1

On Severnside we have had rain throughout the morning, drizzle right now, plenty of puddles around. I can't make this due to having to take daughter to the airport, however, having been outside, the wet and the temperature too would not be helping any decision to travel.

Why have it so early in the season when it is very likely to be cold and of course potentially wet, yesterday excepted? Easter would be a fair better bet perhaps although for a Summer sport, March is in Spring, enough has probably been said on the season starting way to early as it is.

get ty proctor in. looks like Glasgow already protecting their assert. then again ,ther is a lot of man flu around at the moment.

So you are accusing GLASGOW of pulling him out? Where is the proof of this please and what is the reason for him pulling out?

I will NEVER defend ANY rider who pulls out without justifiable cause no matter who he rides for but I reckon - unless you can of course prove otherwise - that you are well out of order and again showing inaccurate and bizarre bias by accusing Glasgow without proof. One of those involved at Glasgow was shocked when I mentioned to them that Lawson had apparently pulled out last night.

So come on then, you made the accusation - lets have the proof please that its Glasgow and not Mr Lawson himself and while you are at it if you could let us know the reason for his call off a lot of us would be grateful. Thanks :)

Meanwhile good luck to all taking part and to "magic' Mason & Benji Compton as they complete their 300 mile pedal ride in aid of Ricky Ashworth. Thanks.

I would very much echo that sentiment!

I always thought that Mr Barker only attended "The Ben Fund" coz he thought the proceeds were going straight to him ;-)

It took me a minute to get there with that one - slow this morning!

Like him or loathe him ( definitely the former for me) as others have already said he is always one of the first to say yes and seems to have a better idea than the majority these days of his priorities!

Call me a cynic, but are some posters simply using rider withdrawals to push their own agendas in respect of certain riders/clubs without knowing the full facts?

If so, their sanctimonious posts are no better than those they are accusing.

• Like 2

On Severnside we have had rain throughout the morning, drizzle right now, plenty of puddles around. I can't make this due to having to take daughter to the airport, however, having been outside, the wet and the temperature too would not be helping any decision to travel.

Why have it so early in the season when it is very likely to be cold and of course potentially wet, yesterday excepted? Easter would be a fair better bet perhaps although for a Summer sport, March is in Spring, enough has probably been said on the season starting way to early as it is.

same meeting held last year at same time in glorious weather. if it was leicester this year instead of last it no doubt would have been yesterday and as you have said in fabulous sunshine, it's just down to luck. the only certainty of holding it later even june/july would be that the rain would be warmer. it's a shame the weather has stuck the boot in as it will be used as an excuse if it spoils the meeting or stops it all together it will take away the spotlight and the anger/disappointment at the poor line-up. someone should ask all the refusers and cry-offs how many of laurence hare, joe owen , alan wilkinson, pip lamb, garry stead and the rest of the 12 would decline because their wheelchair wasn't ready.

• Like 1