British Speedway Forum

The Summers thing has been done to death on the Glasgow thread, so what's the point of going over it all again?

Nobody knows anything. It's all speculation.

• Like 1

The Summers thing has been done to death on the Glasgow thread, so what's the point of going over it all again?

Nobody knows anything. It's all speculation.

Exactly. So why do some either like to spread rumours, of if none can be found, make it up. Usual suspects with a big spoon....... come on downnnnnnnnn.

PS Aaron was prob' my fav at Redcar over the last few seasons. A cracking and very entertaining rider who gives 100% on and off the track. Hope he finds a club soon and I honestly believe he's the deciding factor in Glasgow winning the league this season if he does or doesn't sign.

• Like 1

The BSPA can enforce a loan deal, it doesnt even have to be a full transfer - so Havvy's demands can have little impact - he will be riding for Glasgow end of story and no guarantee whatsoever that Redcar will get a transfer fee.

The BSPA can enforce a loan deal, it doesnt even have to be a full transfer - so Havvy's demands can have little impact - he will be riding for Glasgow end of story and no guarantee whatsoever that Redcar will get a transfer fee.

I suppose that could happen . He's Redcar's asset and they are perfectly entitled to ask whatever they want for him . Then it's up to any potential buyer whether they want to meet that valuation . Redcar can no longer fit him into their septet as it stands , so the danger is if Glasgow turn their attentions elsewhere and the lad gets frozen out .

Lets hope that doesn't happen .

But if what you suggest actually transpires , then it shows what a mockery the asset thing actually is . Time it was binned and any rider and clubs can negotiate with who they want at the end of every season .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4

The way i see it Summers will be at Glasgow next season.Either Redcar accept the amount Glasgow have offered or it will be a loan fee.The i would not have him riding for my club brigade must have a very good third heat leader as that will be his position for us

Wait till nearer the end of Feb, and Redcar will be in the postion that they either cut their demands or will loan him to Glasgow.....but 100% he will be there

I'll bet it's a full transfer. New money coming into the sport, splashing the cash, self proclaimed "Man City of speedway" - the old guard will show them whos boss and make them buy Summers this year - then probably force them to loan him out next year. Ask Sandhu and Frosts how it works! And Stuart Bamford too all them years ago.

I'll bet it's a full transfer. New money coming into the sport, splashing the cash, self proclaimed "Man City of speedway" - the old guard will show them whos boss and make them buy Summers this year - then probably force them to loan him out next year. Ask Sandhu and Frosts how it works! And Stuart Bamford too all them years ago.

Us Jocks are more prudent with our cash
  • Like 4

that certainly seems to the way.

Any new money seems to be seen as a cashpoint for the established that is played until it runs dry or runs away.

• Like 1

It is a change of ownership not change of promoters, who have been around a fair few years and know the score. I very much doubt Glasgow will be held to ransom.

• Like 1

Why did I think Summers was a Coventry Asset?

No he came over and became an Edinburgh asset and we sold him to Redcar to fund the purchase of Craig Cook from Workington.

Isn't Summers still a good fit for Coventry's last remaining team place?

Stuart Robson it is.