British Speedway Forum

I was wonder where Arron Summers will end up now with him looking set to leave Redcar any ideas ?

I was wonder where Arron Summers will end up now with him looking set to leave Redcar any ideas ?

He'll be a Glasgow rider before January's out

I thought that but heard nothing as of yet.

Glasgow want him

He wants to go to Glasgow

Brian Havelock wants a ridiculous transfer fee

He won't get it

• Like 2

Glasgow want him

He won't get it

Transfer fees in speedway are dead ducks. Clubs don't have the money these days. It's a saga indeed

Glasgow want him

He won't get it

Giving the actions of Havelock recently he`s just ridiculous full stop, actions that will come back to bite him with any luck.

Summers will sign for Glasgow and the best of luck to him.

• Like 1

Transfer fees in speedway are dead ducks. Clubs don't have the money these days. It's a saga indeed

Glasgow seem to have the money.

Yes but they won't pay 25k no one would

It'll go to tribunal

Havvy is just being an idiot and he'll find cooperation from some fellow promoters will be less forthcoming because of this and other acts

Which makes you wonder if Havelock would have been playing games with Summers future had it been another club or Glasgow last season? Or is it purely a case of Glasgow have been so fortunate to have the Facenna's step in so lets try and bleed some exhorbatent 'transfer' fee out of them by playing with a guys livlihood?

Dont get me wrong, if there has been an illegal approach I would not condone that in any way but there is no evidence of that as yet and the portrait painted so far seems to be one of wanting a share of the other boys sweets in the playground

• Like 3

Maybe so but we won't pay 25k for him in-fact i would be disappointed if we succumbed to Havelock's demands and paid anything at all but this will go to arbitration to sort out were they will set any fee to be paid

Certainly putting some noses out off joint is Mr Havelock firstly with Kus & Berwick and Now Summers with us makes you wonder if Kus really wanted to go back to Berwick who told him that they couldn't afford the 21k Havelock was demanding and was afraid off not having a team place at all.

Summers it seems is more stubborn it appears and has refused to back down to Havelock's tactics. Dangerous ploy to play by both but as i have said before other clubs will be observing how this pan's out and this may well come back to bite Havelock in the erse.

• Like 1

Maybe so but we won't pay 25k for him in-fact i would be disappointed if we succumbed to Havelock's demands and paid anything at all but this will go to arbitration to sort out were they will set any fee to be paid

Certainly putting some noses out off joint is Mr Havelock firstly with Kus & Berwick and Now Summers with us makes you wonder if Kus really wanted to go back to Berwick who told him that they couldn't afford the 21k Havelock was demanding and was afraid off not having a team place at all.

Summers it seems is more stubborn it appears and has refused to back down to Havelock's tactics. Dangerous ploy to play by both but as i have said before other clubs will be observing how this pan's out and this may well come back to bite Havelock in the erse.

Certainly would not pay money to sign Summers,if Glasgow had sense they would look elsewhere .
  • Like 1

Having witnessed Mr Havelock's tantrums over many many years I would say that he doesn't actually give a toss if Summers is riding this year or not. Mr Havelock has one priority and that is himself, he does not care what other people think about him and he is always right.

Its my belief that he is after getting as much money together before he quits speedway altogether at the end of 2015. I say this because the lease at Redcar runs out after the 2015 season and the 3 people running the club are at an age when I cant see any of them wanting to re-new a lease. These 3 wise men who run Redcar have I believe had some very good offers to buy them out over the last couple of seasons, every offer being refused as it is their club. They want nobody else involved and are not willing to sell.

2015 could very well be the last year speedway takes place at Redcar, they would rather the place shuts down than sell.

• Like 1

Having witnessed Mr Havelock's tantrums over many many years I would say that he doesn't actually give a toss if Summers is riding this year or not. Mr Havelock has one priority and that is himself, he does not care what other people think about him and he is always right.

Its my belief that he is after getting as much money together before he quits speedway altogether at the end of 2015. I say this because the lease at Redcar runs out after the 2015 season and the 3 people running the club are at an age when I cant see any of them wanting to re-new a lease. These 3 wise men who run Redcar have I believe had some very good offers to buy them out over the last couple of seasons, every offer being refused as it is their club. They want nobody else involved and are not willing to sell.

2015 could very well be the last year speedway takes place at Redcar, they would rather the place shuts down than sell.

If this is indeed the case then it does go some way to explain the bravado attitude to other clubs wanting to sign riders which to a degree i can understand but there is only so far you can push things before it could go Pete Tong for him.

What a load of tosh that makes no sense what-so-ever. If brains were dynamite......

• Like 1