British Speedway Forum
peatbog

Air Ambulance Rescues Speedway Rider

I don't deny the need for an air ambulance where circumstances require it, just perplexed by the inability to get a road ambulance in a reasonable amount of time. It's not like Workington is a little hamlet out in the middle of nowhere. Talking of which it's not a problem that Buxton have ever had either, and that is a track in the middle of nowhere. Are resources in that city really so stretched?

I don't deny the need for an air ambulance where circumstances require it, just perplexed by the inability to get a road ambulance in a reasonable amount of time. It's not like Workington is a little hamlet out in the middle of nowhere. Talking of which it's not a problem that Buxton have ever had either, and that is a track in the middle of nowhere. Are resources in that city really so stretched?

The circumstances behind the 2 medical shortages at Worky have been fully explained, and accepted, whilst you were away on your sabbatical. Looks like you will just have to stay perplexed.

• Like 1

workington is not a city it's a town in the county of cumbria

Mills was riding for Glasgow and had suffered potentially serious chest, neck and back injuries hence the need for an air ambulance

Chris was riding for Newcastle when his accident happened

Let's make this the most watched Air Ambulance ER in history.Maybe then other producers will think hard about including speedway in their programmes

Together we can do this

Or maybe a collection from the speedway fraternity, after all the air ambulance is run totally by contributions and money gets noticed. :D

Was guesting for Glasgow on 6th sept mate.

So he was My mistake :-)
  • Like 1

Or maybe a collection from the speedway fraternity, after all the air ambulance is run totally by contributions and money gets noticed. :D

Hampshire & IOW Air Ambulance have a lottery which costs £4.34 per month by DD. I would think other areas have something similar.