British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

I should imagine most of the riders do but they aren't served well by the promoters. You have to wonder if one (or a few) paramedic had a messed up application would that have lead to them ALL being blocked?

The issue isn't the rider that are in the wrong. It's the employers (the promoters). Most of the riders meet the criteria to be over here and to earn a living as a speedway rider.

They are still Australian workers, I just thought it illustrated that not everyone faces the same problems as Speedway riders (most of whom are also "fully trained" and with places awaiting them).

but the issue isn't with australians, or even speedway riders per se - its with an industry with seemingly systemic issues with breaching the rules imposed on employers.

if the medical industry get permission to hire austrslian patamedics,but then also start hiring Australian orderlies and say they are fulfilking the same criteria, they may face issues.

• Like 1

but the issue isn't with australians, or even speedway riders per se - its with an industry with seemingly systemic issues with breaching the rules imposed on employers.

if the medical industry get permission to hire austrslian patamedics,but then also start hiring Australian orderlies and say they are fulfilking the same criteria, they may face issues.

That's what I was actually saying.

The issue isn't the rider that are in the wrong. It's the employers (the promoters). Most of the riders meet the criteria to be over here and to earn a living as a speedway rider.

Yes fully agree!

That's what I was actually saying.

But they don't, so there is no issue. If they did, there would be. That applies to everyone, including speedway promoters.

This notion they are being 'picked on' needs to be dispelled. If anything they are getting away very lightly.

• Like 1

But they don't, so there is no issue. If they did, there would be. That applies to everyone, including speedway promoters.

This notion they are being 'picked on' needs to be dispelled. If anything they are getting away very lightly.

yep. Can you imagine the outcry on here if it was discovered a group of building companies had been breaking the rules by employing somalian builders in breach of their visa rules, and the "punishment" was making the firms attend a workshop. That would be tsken as evidence of the uks "open door" policies and what a "soft touch" the uk was.
  • Like 1

Do not know if this has already been mentioned but the clubs will attend the workshop this friday with the UKVI to work towards a resolution.

• Like 1

Do not know if this has already been mentioned but the clubs will attend the workshop this friday with the UKVI to work towards a resolution.

That sounds good that it is being taken very seriously by both sides. Hope the clubs 'pass' their workshop, and can restart the work permit process for the new season in time.

• Like 1

That sounds good that it is being taken very seriously by both sides. Hope the clubs 'pass' their workshop, and can restart the work permit process for the new season in time.

I hope you are right Aleksandr and you too Dave.

They get decent crowds though!! :D

I am a cricket fan as well, I really like pure test cricket, for what it is.... But I also like T20 flavour as well! it's a great fun couple or three hours entertainment, and you can catch it after a day at work.. perhaps domestic Speedway could learn a thing or two from T20 cricket and the way its packaged and presented...

• Like 3

Domestic speedway could learn a hell of a lot from lots of sports on how they're packaged and presented, but we all know that's a long way off .

Are paramedics, Australian or otherwise, self-employed like speedway riders?

perhaps domestic Speedway could learn a thing or two from T20 cricket and the way its packaged and presented...

It should already be T20. Twenty heats of about a minute each could easily be run in less time than a T20 cricket match.

They are still Australian workers, I just thought it illustrated that not everyone faces the same problems as Speedway riders (most of whom are also "fully trained" and with places awaiting them).

Paramedics are not only more important than speedway riders to society, but people will die if there's a shortage of them.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 1

I see that some of the problems with non eu riders commented on was, as well a doubling up and guesting, was their practicing riding in second halves etc., which seems strange as they would not have been employed for that practice or paid by the club.

I have noted that some of the riders effected are listed to ride in a testimonial, will that now be allowed ?

I see that some of the problems with non eu riders commented on was, as well a doubling up and guesting, was their practicing riding in second halves etc., which seems strange as they would not have been employed for that practice or paid by the club.

I have noted that some of the riders effected are listed to ride in a testimonial, will that now be allowed ?

I think that was more to do with riders coming over on a " holiday visa " and "trying out " in 2nd halves which was against the holiday visa regulations.

• Like 2

Its not a case of practicing, it because people are charged £ into the event. Even if it was second halves , the crowd will have been charged to enter the original meeting

My local football league club once had a player on trial from a non EU country and wanted to see him action. Normally it was a couple of quid to get into the reserve games . They wanted to see him in a game and to get around the work permit issue, just opened the doors for free and therefore at the time were not contravening any laws .

This was a while since and i'm sure this loophole may have been changed.

Edited by tyke
  • Like 1