British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

actually being a pedant although you are right in saying it should be 'a' holiday you are wrong in your reasoning as the use of the word 'an' is supposed to be before a vowel SOUND, not just the vowel.

see! I can be weird too :icon_smile_clown:

see you still nave not grabbed the use of the word.. AN. this word should only be used before any word starting with a vowel.
here are the letters..A..E..I..O..U.. looks like i have half a brain and you have none.. for reference , the old mcdonald farm song does not qualify.. E..I..E..I..O..

why are you getting upset about the word holiday, when all i was trying to do was to point out the different visa applications

can see where you got mixed up.. you say the word oliday, instead of holiday.. its not your fault . i blame the schools

so lets be friends and have a good craic.( irish )

wow, this is one of the strangest posts I have seen on the BSF. Which is saying something!

actually jenga being a pedant although you are right in saying it should be 'a' holiday you are wrong in your reasoning as the use of the word 'an' is supposed to be before a vowel SOUND, not just the vowel.

see! I can be weird too :icon_smile_clown:

I left School in 1966, and I do blame the School, instead of caning all the time when we went wrong, they should of told us where we went wrong, still it didn't stop me working all my adult life, having three kids, seven grandchildren,.and one great grand child, and also got my own hose paid for, and retired when I was 59, not bad for someone who don't know his grammer.

Edited by Devildodger

ok, i see what you are saying. i think you have gone through enough with all those rugrats you have acquired in your life. mortgage etc..live long and prosper..

• Like 1

I left School in 1966, and I do blame the School, instead of caning all the time when we went wrong, they should of told us where we went wrong, still it didn't stop me working all my adult life, having three kids, seven grandchildren,.and one great grand child, and also got my own hose paid for, and retired when I was 59, not bad for someone who don't know his grammer.

Not bad at all I think even Fireman Sam didn't have his own hose, think he used one supplied by the county ? I could be wrong ?
  • Like 4

Not bad at all I think even Fireman Sam didn't have his own hose, think he used one supplied by the county ? I could be wrong ?

Yeh I started off with one, not the same.

see you still nave not grabbed the use of the word.. AN. this word should only be used before any word starting with a vowel.

here are the letters..

That is *a* unique point of view... ;)

• Like 7

the thing for me theres been a few meetings and now a workshop but were still no futher forward in what we know

speedway is unique as it builds a team upto a certain strength this could be part of the problem rugby teams are signing players much easier so maybe the fact that speedway puts a performance level on the riders could actually be the nail in the coffin for the lower ranked riders

the big looser is british speedway not any individual team

• Like 2

the thing for me theres been a few meetings and now a workshop but were still no futher forward in what we know

speedway is unique as it builds a team upto a certain strength this could be part of the problem rugby teams are signing players much easier so maybe the fact that speedway puts a performance level on the riders could actually be the nail in the coffin for the lower ranked riders

the big looser is british speedway not any individual team

All joking aside, your right mate, the big loser will be British Speedway, lets hope they see that.

As long as E U riders can ride here with no problems this visa rubbish will not find many British riders a team place and it will be very harmful to British speedway.Hardly any British riders will gain from it as at this time sadly not many of them are good enougth to replace the Aussies and Americans that might be missing.All it will do is fill the leagues with 2nd rate E U riders who would otherwise not have got a team place.

The other sad thing about all this is that the Aussies are very loyal to the British leagues while a lot of the E U riders are not (more so in the Elite league).I just hope that the clubs get their fingers out and sort out any problems that there are, and it all gets sorted out soon and that we dont loose to many riders speedway has enougth problems all ready.

• Like 2

As long as E U riders can ride here with no problems this visa rubbish will not find many British riders a team place and it will be very harmful to British speedway.Hardly any British riders will gain from it as at this time sadly not many of them are good enougth to replace the Aussies and Americans that might be missing.All it will do is fill the leagues with 2nd rate E U riders who would otherwise not have got a team place.

The other sad thing about all this is that the Aussies are very loyal to the British leagues while a lot of the E U riders are not (more so in the Elite league).I just hope that the clubs get their fingers out and sort out any problems that there are, and it all gets sorted out soon and that we dont loose to many riders speedway has enougth problems all ready.

The new measures won't stop the decent prospects and established riders, who qualify by nature of their standing in the Aussie State Championships. Those who will miss out are the lesser lights who are allowed in before, given the shortage of British riders. More emphasis now of training more of our own riders. Doesn't look that good for US riders, as how are they going to demonstrate their ability without a decent level of home racing.

• Like 2

Another, "very harmful to British speedway" to will make no difference to young Brits getting place. Kick out the 22 Aussies and Americans here now, lower the points limit by a point or two to reflect it and you're telling me that promoters will then replace the 7 pointers, with 2 points lost, with, 7 pointers?! and not the 3-5 pointers stuck in the NL?

As for Aussies being loyal, like Holder last year? Or Sullivan and Crump in their latter years? Or North who wasn't going to bother with GB speedway last year until something clearly changed. The Aussies are as loyal as any other nation!

Another, "very harmful to British speedway" to will make no difference to young Brits getting place. Kick out the 22 Aussies and Americans here now, lower the points limit by a point or two to reflect it and you're telling me that promoters will then replace the 7 pointers, with 2 points lost, with, 7 pointers?! and not the 3-5 pointers stuck in the NL?

As for Aussies being loyal, like Holder last year? Or Sullivan and Crump in their latter years? Or North who wasn't going to bother with GB speedway last year until something clearly changed. The Aussies are as loyal as any other nation!

bit harsh on holder. He chose to limit his schedule for a year to recover from serious injuries and crump rode nearly 20yrs in the uk and Sullivan over 10. Id say thats pretty loyal.
  • Like 6

That`ll be Holder who is now back racing at Poole.

Well so far there is only one example to quote - Berwick - 7 point Aussie out 5 point Slovenian in.
  • Like 2