British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OldHawk

Where Are The National League Fixtures?

Is the national league so poorly thought of? The national league is devoid of big stars with GP commitments so why several days after the fan fare of launching the 2015 Elite and Premier league fixtures, there are still no national league fixtures?

Hurry up BSPA, national league fans have commitments and holidays to book too!

• Like 2

I have no positive expectations of the speedway hierarchy at all these days i take a pragmatic and philosophical view on the sport these days----it ain't gonna change unfortunately.

• Like 1

We are discussing the NL here that has as its co-ordinator a certain Mr Peter Morrish, in case you didnt know, you will lucky if he knows its 2015, let alone its time for fixtures to be released, again another failure by Speedways heirarchy to move with the times, and put a forward thinking guy at the head of the NL, he is just another part of Speedways establishment who wont rock the boat, and just bumble along on his Zimmer frame as though speedway was thriving, and cant see the Woods for the Trees thats if he can see at all. :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 4

I would have thought by now every one would be aware of the incompetence of the national league co-ordinater .the situation has been going on for years and appears is unlikely to change in the near future.. How can fans plan their season with this annual delay its not good enough... And another reason for the decline of British speedway

• Like 2

Like you guys, I'm desperate for the NL fixtures too. We all have things in our lives to organise apart from just speedway, and it really is unfair that they are so late being published.

Over the years, I've always tried to put speedway first, and build the rest of my many commitments around that, but unless they are out within the next fortnight, speedway will have to go to the back of the queue, which will be sad, because that's not I want. Not only will I miss the meetings I would so dearly like to attend, but the tracks involved with miss out on my families admission and programme money. :cry:

• Like 1

Like you guys, I'm desperate for the NL fixtures too. We all have things in our lives to organise apart from just speedway, and it really is unfair that they are so late being published.

Over the years, I've always tried to put speedway first, and build the rest of my many commitments around that, but unless they are out within the next fortnight, speedway will have to go to the back of the queue, which will be sad, because that's not I want. Not only will I miss the meetings I would so dearly like to attend, but the tracks involved with miss out on my families admission and programme money. :cry:

I used to have the same attitude. Then I found there were far more important things to life than speedway.

I used to have the same attitude. Then I found there were far more important things to life than speedway.

Shock horror! Yew cannot be serious! :o

• Like 1

It would be better if we had LESS of Mr MORrish ?

:lol:

I would have thought by now every one would be aware of the incompetence of the national league co-ordinater .the situation has been going on for years and appears is unlikely to change in the near future.. How can fans plan their season with this annual delay its not good enough... And another reason for the decline of British speedway

Not "everyone", as some of us are new to this league...however, being a BSPA baby, what else can one expect? 3rd Division organisational standards for the 3rd Division. Ho hum. As gustix says, there are other things in life as well... trips to Latvia, Poland and Germany lined up to watch meetings there, but as the BSPA don't give twopence about fans planning trips to support their teams in this country, Birmingham's "away" hosts won't get my business either.

Mr. Morrish is highly presentable, dresses sharply, is wonderfully coiffeured and is apparently well connected.

A well known manager once confided that Mr. Morrish is not computer literate, but I cannot vouch for the truth of that.

He does not though, command much respect from several quarters.

However, two well known figures within National League speedway would, in my opinion, have a better feeling for riders, clubs and most importantly public relations and contact with the paying public.

Neither appear to own sharp suits, neither appear to spend much time being carefully groomed, both passionately care about speedway in general and National League in particular.

Both are computer literate after a fashion (one is verbose, the other cannot spell to save his life), but both could do a brilliant job as NL co-ordinator if Mr. Morrish vacates the position.

I commend, in no particular order two candidates for Mr. Morrish's job:

Malcolm Vasey

Deano

• Like 1

NL fixtures take longer to compile because they have to be made up better than the others leagues :D

Someone on FakeBook says it will be mid February before the fixtures are out...No doubt they will be well worth the wait.

Good job the Brummies supporters don't need to organise a bus to get to the Cradley fixtures isn't it?

Edited by uk martin

Hope they try to make it easier for riders this year with trying to put a couple meetings together on concectutive night for a mini tour save the riders travel up and down across the country every week

• Like 1

We are discussing the NL here that has as its co-ordinator a certain Mr Peter Morrish, in case you didnt know, you will lucky if he knows its 2015, let alone its time for fixtures to be released, again another failure by Speedways heirarchy to move with the times, and put a forward thinking guy at the head of the NL, he is just another part of Speedways establishment who wont rock the boat, and just bumble along on his Zimmer frame as though speedway was thriving, and cant see the Woods for the Trees thats if he can see at all. :wink:

What's he like at fare-dodging? :rofl:

• Like 1