British Speedway Forum
T.N.T.

2015 El Predictions

Usually the team who has more riders than the other teams that improve their starting averages comes out on top. Looking at the lineups bearing in mind that Poole have yet to complete, one team has 3 such riders and one team has none with all the remaining teams having 1 or 2. I admit that this is just in my opinion and things do not ever work out as expected. I leave it to you all to do the maths.

Assuming Poole sign Magic and Gomolski then I'll go with

Kings Lynn

Belle Vue

Poole

Leicester

Swindon

Coventry

Lakeside

Wolves

And Coventry fans are going to get excited as we'll do well initially as we're going to beat Wolves home and away which will mean any changes to improve the team won't happen as we'll look better than we are.

Edited by SCB

1. Poole

2. Kings Lynn

3. Belle Vue

4. Coventry

5. Lakeside

6. Leicester

7. Swindon

8. Wolves

It's gonna be a close one!

7th Lakeside

8th Wolves

I'm struggling to separate the other 6, I could make a case for any of them to be in the top 4.

• Like 1

Each year I have this optimism that the racing will be that good, the teams to be that close, that every match will be of the highest entertainment and that enthusiasm will encourage supporters to tell all their friends and family and before we know it the crowds will come gate crashing back.

I appreciate there are only 8 teams in the league this year, but that should generate a higher quality of performance. Looking at the expected teams and the new format to be used, I would like to think each and everyone will have a shout of winning any match...... Sure people have come on here and forecast favourites and wooden spoonists, but since when has a season followed the projected route. You only have to look back to last year when Lynn were light years ahead of everyone, when all of a sudden, things go against you. What's to say that won't happen again this year.....

Looking at it from the play-off's prospective, because they're only 8 teams, half of them will reach those play-off's whence anything can happen. There will not be many teams who finish the season with the same team they started with, so to discount some at this early stage is foolish. Sure, on the face of it some look stronger than others, but that means little at this stage.

Hoping this will be a successful season, not only for Kings Lynn but for the Elite League in general . Each match to finish relatively close, with little or no injuries. All team to be within a shout of the play-offs until the very end... And the winner to be the team that wins on merit and not by some stoke of luck, or a bending of the rules, or an vastly inaccurate assessment of a class rider.......

Let it be done right, so the winner can be rightfully acclaimed.......... :t:

• Like 2

Each year I have this optimism that the racing will be that good, the teams to be that close, that every match will be of the highest entertainment and that enthusiasm will encourage supporters to tell all their friends and family and before we know it the crowds will come gate crashing back.

I appreciate there are only 8 teams in the league this year, but that should generate a higher quality of performance. Looking at the expected teams and the new format to be used, I would like to think each and everyone will have a shout of winning any match...... Sure people have come on here and forecast favourites and wooden spoonists, but since when has a season followed the projected route. You only have to look back to last year when Lynn were light years ahead of everyone, when all of a sudden, things go against you. What's to say that won't happen again this year.....

Looking at it from the play-off's prospective, because they're only 8 teams, half of them will reach those play-off's whence anything can happen. There will not be many teams who finish the season with the same team they started with, so to discount some at this early stage is foolish. Sure, on the face of it some look stronger than others, but that means little at this stage.

Hoping this will be a successful season, not only for Kings Lynn but for the Elite League in general . Each match to finish relatively close, with little or no injuries. All team to be within a shout of the play-offs until the very end... And the winner to be the team that wins on merit and not by some stoke of luck, or a bending of the rules, or an vastly inaccurate assessment of a class rider.......

Let it be done right, so the winner can be rightfully acclaimed.......... :t:

You running for parliament? :wink:

It is a hard call but I'm gonna make my 8th - 1st attempt + Play-Off winners

8th - Wolverhampton - Just look utterly dreadful. I think they'll be a huge gap between them and 7th.

7th - Leicester - 2 rider's in the top 5 that are way past their best and riders not great at gating on a gaters track.

6th - Lakeside - ok at home but are just gonna get wacked about away. Only Jonsson will offer any consistency.

5th - Coventry - Consistent 7 point men in the top 3 positions but will suffer in the middle order with Jamrog & Robson. Saving grace to nudge Swindon out of 4th could be the reserves but are known to fall when in vital point scoring positions.

4th - Swindon - The Poles are bound to go missing, whether it's through form or their Polish clubs putting bans on them. This could cause them to just drop out of the top 4 but firmly believe they have a saving grace with the top reserve pairing.

3rd - King's Lynn - huge reliance on Porsing & Lambert for me to improve & push for Schlein's position as 3rd heatleader. More important than the reserve positions for me but if these 2 fall short, a finish as low as 6th is likely.

2nd - Belle Vue - I can't see a weakness at all. A solid top man with the rest of the top 5 possibly chopping and changing with easy 2nd string rides.

1st & Play-Off winners - Poole - no surprise. Gomolski & North to be replaced asap when their averages rise plus the 2nd best reserve pairing. Untouchable from June onwards.

• Like 2

I don't think you'll be too far out there screamer but I just wonder about Belle Vue, they always seem to flatter to deceive and Cook will be a big miss away from home when he is piddling about in the PL on the same night. As you say Porsing & Lambert are the key men for the super Stars.

Swindon & Poole about the same, with top fives that could beat anyone on any track.

Kings Lynn next, assuming Schlein is back to form & Morris isn't a disaster.

Belle Vue solid middle 4 & less question marks than Leicester & Coventry with some aging riders & dodgy Poles - the Bees blew it with their last signing when they could have had Kylmakorpi - & Lakeside & Wolves lacking heat winners against the top three's better riders & away from home:

Swindon

Poole

Kings Lynn

Belle Vue

Leicester

Coventry

Lakeside

Wolves

No wonder SteveBrum has gone missing!! Hope he's ok.

• Like 1

I don't think you'll be too far out there screamer but I just wonder about Belle Vue, they always seem to flatter to deceive and Cook will be a big miss away from home when he is piddling about in the PL on the same night. As you say Porsing & Lambert are the key men for the super Stars.

I can't agree with this. I don't think BV have failed to deliver over recent history. I just think we have tracked some really poor teams. We have always made 1 or 2 mistakes in the past that have cost us. I thought the 2011 team was OK, best one they have put out until now, but it was only ever a mid table team at best. So for me I don't see it as flattering to deceive, I've just seen some really poor teams.

This year, though, is different. I genuinely don't see a weakness. We may be suspect on the road in some cases, but as a general principle it is very solid with good reserves.

I don't personally see us finishing 2nd as some have said, because I see stronger teams, but I'll be amazed if this team doesn't make the play offs.

For me, now everyone is finished.

Poole

Swindon

Leicester

Belle Vue

Kings Lynn

Coventry

Lakeside

Wolves

Now that we know Poole will start without Ward, so I expect them to have changes after June 28th giving them a strong 2nd half to the season, so on that this is my prediction.

1 Poole

2 Coventry

3 K/Lynn

4 B Vue

5 Leicester

6 Swindon

7 Lakeside

8 Wolves

I expect the final to be Poole V's Coventry, with the pesky Pirates claiming the title again

With Coventry losing out on Lewis Bridger who has loads of E L experience, and replacing him with the young Pole Jamrog who regrettably has no EL experience, I will change my prediction.

I still see Poole changing on the 28/06/15 then having a scorching second half to the season, so still tip them to top the league and win the Play Off's

1 Poole

2 K/Lynn

3 B Vue

4 Leicester

5 Swindon

6 Coventry

7 L/Side

8 Wolves

On a sad note, one of B Vue's Fans and co-operator of the Belle Vue Army site, "Paul Kitchen", sadly passed away this week. He was young and very enthusiastic for B Vue, What a great thing it would be if B Vue was to win the league in honour of a great B Vue fan. R.I.P Paul (kitch87)

• Like 2

And Coventry fans are going to get excited as we'll do well initially as we're going to beat Wolves home and away which will mean any changes to improve the team won't happen as we'll look better than we are.

You HOPE they will ....... Don't under estimate Wolves as they will have their days when they give a spanking and you could be suprised on how good Museliak is

1st & Play-Off winners - Poole - no surprise. Gomolski & North to be replaced asap when their averages rise plus the 2nd best reserve pairing. Untouchable from June onwards.

It is going to be hard to replace Dakota North or Davey Watt really as you can only have TWO 7+ riders in your team using the starting averages. So even if Dakota North averages 8.08 early on, he can only be replaced with a rider that started the season on an average under seven unless they release Magic or Holder too