British Speedway Forum

All the people on here slating Darcy Ward for having a drink, well at least he's not a Cheat.

Darcy has a natural talent on a bike he stands out and is very exciting to watch

But some riders are cheating and making some other naturally talented riders look well not so good.

Bikes are not being checked and should be regularly this would show who the talented riders are.

If the BSPA sent out letters to each club saying regular checks are now compulsory we will see a big change in riders results. Either that or make it level playing field for all in other words

If You Can't Beat em Join em.

Yes Edward Kennet cheated and got caught but did anyone notice certain riders results change?

I did. but after a while it was business as usuall.

I am not saying for one minute drink or drugs is ok speedway is fast and furious and is not for the faint hearted I for one admire the riders but cheating should be a Big No No and has got to be stopped.

• Like 1

You are absolutely right Wanderer. Cheating is endemic in most sports and goes totally against the sporting ethos.

eddie kenntt is a natural talented riser and...

danny bird was a natural talented rider....

jellyman

was very talented

ya cant stop cheats .. they are like the phone calls you get at home when you are just about to eat your tea..

All the people on here slating Darcy Ward for having a drink, well at least he's not a Cheat.

Darcy has a natural talent on a bike he stands out and is very exciting to watch

But some riders are cheating and making some other naturally talented riders look well not so good.

Bikes are not being checked and should be regularly this would show who the talented riders are.

If the BSPA sent out letters to each club saying regular checks are now compulsory we will see a big change in riders results. Either that or make it level playing field for all in other words

Yes Edward Kennet cheated and got caught but did anyone notice certain riders results change?

I am not saying for one minute drink or drugs is ok speedway is fast and furious and is not for the faint hearted I for one admire the riders but cheating should be a Big No No and has got to be stopped.

I remember a very famous former rider and promoter telling me that whatever you did with bikes, the best riders would still win. Cheating might give you some advantage against riders of a similar ability to yourself, but it won't turn a poor rider into a top one. Having said that, I'm all for clamping down on any cheating and I hope Darcy is soon back, he's left a big gap in his absence.

• Like 1

so you say some are cheating but Darcy isnt?? How do you know this??

Im not saying some are or he is btw

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 4

It would be very interesting to know how often bikes are scrutinised and to what level.

Be interesting to know what these cheats are doing, easy to say and with the silencers it would seem likely but what is it that Wanderer thinks is going on now?

Well we know from a couple of seasons ago the Star reported Barry Briggs accusations of cheating with the dirt deflectors... which apparently he could see from sat on his sofa watching a Sky meeting.

The Star gave it a big headline.. Briggs accused riders and team managers of being aware of it... he claimed it gave you a bike lengths advantage to turn 1..

At the time I said this was a serious accusation and either Briggs just wanted a bit of attention or he should be reporting his findings and the names of the riders to the BSPA/SCB. Of course that didn't happen.. so one can only conclude he was talking codswallop.

A further investigative story was promised in the Star... which never happened.

• Like 1

When Edinburgh were at peterborough last season they accused Craig Cook of tampering with his fuel by mixing something in it to make him go faster. It was tested there and then but there was nothing wrong with it.

Be interesting to know what these cheats are doing, easy to say and with the silencers it would seem likely but what is it that Wanderer thinks is going on now?

How often are engine capacities tested for example?

How often are engine capacities tested for example?

Doubt they are unless someone protests.. then they have to pay a fee to do so.

When Edinburgh were at peterborough last season they accused Craig Cook of tampering with his fuel by mixing something in it to make him go faster. It was tested there and then but there was nothing wrong with it.

There wouldn't be if its the substance that certain famous Poles are alleged to have used over the years. It''s designed to help propel you from the start, after which all traces of it are gone.... so I've been told, who knows if there is any 'substance' to it...

• Like 1

Well we know from a couple of seasons ago the Star reported Barry Briggs accusations of cheating with the dirt deflectors... which apparently he could see from sat on his sofa watching a Sky meeting.

The Star gave it a big headline.. Briggs accused riders and team managers of being aware of it... he claimed it gave you a bike lengths advantage to turn 1..

At the time I said this was a serious accusation and either Briggs just wanted a bit of attention or he should be reporting his findings and the names of the riders to the BSPA/SCB. Of course that didn't happen.. so one can only conclude he was talking codswallop.

A further investigative story was promised in the Star... which never happened.

Thats because both the Star and SCB knew it was just about Briggs making more money for himself . Like the trouble and expense he caused claiming the Poles were faking his over priced dirt deflectors . the only difference between the Polish Briggo's and the approved one was a slight difference in the colour of the plastic and of course the poish ones did not include £100 for Briggs in the price . nonetheless the brainless turds at the BSPA and SCB insitsed on Outlawing the Polish copies so that Briggs can continue to Bleed money out of speedway 45 years after he last rode a competitive race .

• Like 7

There wouldn't be if its the substance that certain famous Poles are alleged to have used over the years. It''s designed to help propel you from the start, after which all traces of it are gone.... so I've been told, who knows if there is any 'substance' to it...

Alka Seltzers in the fuel?

Thats because both the Star and SCB knew it was just about Briggs making more money for himself . Like the trouble and expense he caused claiming the Poles were faking his over priced dirt deflectors . the only difference between the Polish Briggo's and the approved one was a slight difference in the colour of the plastic and of course the poish ones did not include £100 for Briggs in the price . nonetheless the brainless turds at the BSPA and SCB insitsed on Outlawing the Polish copies so that Briggs can continue to Bleed money out of speedway 45 years after he last rode a competitive race .

Just NOT true. Some were made in Denmark as well as Poland, but were in a softer alloy, and some with thinner wall thickness's.

Some folks just have a Briggo fixation. There are about 3 makes of dirt deflector that are approved for speedway, but practically everyone uses Briggo ones as they are simply the best(expensive yes.).

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Alka Seltzers in the fuel?

the most recent cheating was with advance switches for the ignition . allowing rerade ignition off the start givng massive grunt then advanced with the switch to give extra drfive once away .. martin smolinski was using one and got reported by the some other riders who were dissapointed about being outcheated

Just NOT true. Some were made in Denmark as well as Poland, but were in a softer alloy, and some with thinner wall thickness's.

Some folks just have a Briggo fixation. There are about 3 makes of dirt deflector that are approved for speedway, but practically everyone uses Briggo ones as they are simply the best(expensive yes.).

Total BS... how many of them have you paid for ? . none ... how much do you know about the techniical side of speedway ..Nothing ... some people just have a Briggo fixation and you are one of them .