British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2ndbendbeerhut

Assets - Who "owns" Who?

You have to wonder why the full list isn't on the BSPA site...

Indeed - what's the big secret?

The answer of course is the lists would be laughable and hasten the end of the nonsensical system.

• Like 1

Indeed - what's the big secret?

The answer of course is the lists would be laughable and hasten the end of the nonsensical system.

Of course it wouldn't. The list is trimmed regularly to accommodate retired riders.

Isn't Kyle Howarth a Workington asset now?

Yes.............

RP

Then what's the big secret?

And clearly not trimmed regularly enough. Leigh Adams, Gary Havelock, John Oliver to name three non riders.

And clearly not trimmed regularly enough. Leigh Adams, Gary Havelock, John Oliver to name three non riders.

It was said that it was compiled a while ago(OP), but not who the source was.

Edited by Tsunami

Kim Nilsson is a Lakeside asset (and, given some of the riders on the original list, you could probably add Josh Larsen as well)..

Edited by TonyE

How and why and when did the asset system start?......when I started going to Leicester Speedway from the mid seventies til we closed after the 83 season there was no such system it was like footy ie full transfers and the odd double uppers like Bob Garrad from rye house etc.

How and why and when did the asset system start?......when I started going to Leicester Speedway from the mid seventies til we closed after the 83 season there was no such system it was like footy ie full transfers and the odd double uppers like Bob Garrad from rye house etc.

Wasn't it when the points limit came in, sometime in the late-70s?

THERE used to be rider control, of course ... most famously Mauger to Exeter (although the move only went through because the then promotion paid him a fortune) and Olsen to Hull, which eventually saw Briggo extend his career to allow Ole to join Coventry.

not true. The aces in the early 80s regularly had "assets" riding for other clubs - neil collins and dave bargh for example and I believe peter ravn was only loaned out to cradlet in 83.

THERE used to be rider control, of course ... most famously Mauger to Exeter (although the move only went through because the then promotion paid him a fortune) and Olsen to Hull, which eventually saw Briggo extend his career to allow Ole to join Coventry.

Riders were just ordered to move though, and their promotions didn't have a lot of say in it.

not true. The aces in the early 80s regularly had "assets" riding for other clubs - neil collins and dave bargh for example and I believe peter ravn was only loaned out to cradlet in 83.

There was an asset system back in the early seventies. At Peterborough, I remember John Harrhy being recalled by Coventry in 1972, and John Davis on loan from Oxford for most of two seasons. Alan Witt was also loaned to Long Eaton, in the same division, in 1973.