British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Congratulations Kings Lynn: 2014 Elite League Table Toppers

No, what you do is let Poole remain Champions - but you put a * next to there name and explain how they actually finished top but were found at a later date not to have done so should have no had first pick and thus things could have been different if one of their riders was not a moron.

Maybe Shawn Moran should never have had his 2nd place take away in '90? After all, you couldn't re-run the meeting could you?

This indiscretion has to be b noted, the FIM have said so.

I still think it would be funny to shut up all them Darcy fans who said he should sue the FIM if Kings Lynn the same threats to Darcy though :D

SCB some of things you quote are crap.How are Poole or Ward are at fault when FIM ban Ward from the 28/8 then 6 months latter change it to the 17/8 if Poole had known that they surely would have made the required changes. Not even a Poole fan just making a logical opinion .unlike you being ANTI- POOLE every time i read any post

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 1

SCB some of things you quote are crap.How are Poole or Ward are at fault when FIM ban Ward from the 28/8 then 6 months latter change it to the 17/8 if Poole had known that they surely would have made the required changes. Not even a Poole fan just making a logical opinion .unlike you being ANTI- POOLE every time i read any post

He isn't posting 'crap'. He is posting fact.

Its a reality. It has happened. A ruling has been passed. Are you too dense to actually understand that?

Poole were fully aware of what had taken place with Darcy. They would also have been fully aware that there may be retrospective action taken in the future. Perhaps if they had shown some integrity at the time they would have suspended Ward... after all Ford had stated he was on his last chance prior hadn't he?

Man Utd suspended Eric Cantona before he was actually banned by the FA.

Hopefully speedway clubs will learn a lesson from this and start to treat these incidents seriously... but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 3

So sorry you find the FIMs ruling crap. Maybe as you don't like the ban for Darcy you can ignore that too?

Let Darcy ride, the FIM ruling is crap. Let Poole stay top of the regular season league table as the FIM ruling is crap. Sadly for you, you are not judge or jury, the FIM are!

And yes, I hate Poole but at least I have the bollocks to admit it. Unlike half the Poole fans who were excited at the prospect of no Coventry in 2011 and denied when asked.

Its a reality. It has happened. A ruling has been passed. Are you too dense to actually understand that?

Poole were fully aware of what had taken place with Darcy. They would also have been fully aware that there may be retrospective action taken in the future. Perhaps if they had shown some integrity at the time they would have suspended Ward... after all Ford had stated he was on his last chance prior hadn't he?

Hopefully speedway clubs will learn a lesson from this and start to treat these incidents seriously... but I won't hold my breath.

If Poole has suspended Darcy then they wouldn't have got a facility, Man utd would have had another player to replace Cantona, maybe not quite the same ability wise but not a youth player

So sorry you find the FIMs ruling crap. Maybe as you don't like the ban for Darcy you can ignore that too?

Let Darcy ride, the FIM ruling is crap. Let Poole stay top of the regular season league table as the FIM ruling is crap. Sadly for you, you are not judge or jury, the FIM are!

And yes, I hate Poole but at least I have the bollocks to admit it. Unlike half the Poole fans who were excited at the prospect of no Coventry in 2011 and denied when asked.

I don't know anyone who wanted Coventry to fold,no wonder they denied it. I don't think anyone is in doubt that you hate Poole!! As i have said he should have been suspended immediately and not allowed to race.

As i have said he should have been suspended immediately and not allowed to race.

Poole hater!

If Poole has suspended Darcy then they wouldn't have got a facility,

So?

If Darcy hadn't got p****d none of this would have happened. That's the be all and end all and where any blame lies.

• Like 4

If Poole has suspended Darcy then they wouldn't have got a facility, Man utd would have had another player to replace Cantona, maybe not quite the same ability wise but not a youth player

They could have replaced him in the 1-7? The offence (we don't have to use the word alledged anymore!)took place before the deadline for team changes.

Man Utd suspended Cantona for something he did whilst playing for Man Utd - entirely different to the Ward situation, so stop stirring.

Man Utd suspended Cantona for something he did whilst playing for Man Utd - entirely different to the Ward situation, so stop stirring.

Ah so Darcy isn't banned for riding for Poole then as he did something when not racing for them?

Otherwise I'm afraid your post is irrelevant.

What is there to stir anyway? Its a direct ruling from the FIM. Its in black and white.

Edited by BWitcher

Jesus, it's never any different with the cheating scumbags from the South Coast. You seem to attract this kind of thing even when you're not knowingly being dodgy. Is there something in the water or is it, like I'm hoping just the scummy speedway club it effects in the area?

Whilst British speedway fans know anything you've "won" over the last decade has been due to extremely questionable tactics your infamy is spreading outside speedway circles.

I travel all over and mention speedway quite often. People reference Ivan Mauger, Belle Vue or Peter Collins but now if Poole come up their cheating is mentioned.

If the Darcy's ban makes the papers people will say he's attached to the cheats at Poole.

I know a few of you like Ford and can turn a blind eye to cheating in the quest for honours but the Pirates have been around for years and will hopefully carry on long after Ford has gone but you will be saddled with the "cheating scumbags" tag for a long time to come, which is a shame for you and speedway as a whole.

Grim times.

Ah so Darcy isn't banned for riding for Poole then as he did something when not racing for them?

Otherwise I'm afraid your post is irrelevant.

What is there to stir anyway? Its a direct ruling from the FIM. Its in black and white.

What is in black and white as you put it makes no reference to any club - its a statement about Ward!

What is in black and white as you put it makes no reference to any club - its a statement about Ward!

You're on the ball today aren't you.

Now you just have to figure out who Ward rode for during 17-27th August and you might be getting somewhere!

The only difference as I see it is that Kings Lynn would of rode at Poole first as neither teams wanted to face either Coventry or Swindon in the Semi Finals as both were depleted by injuries.

Now if KL had really wanted a harder Semi would not of qualified for the Final anyway. OK neither would of Poole in that case.

It's all ifs buts and maybes. Poole could still of won but so could have Swindon kings Lynn or Coventry. They could never award it to someone else overall as there's so many different possibilities. They could however take it away from Poole but not re-award the over all winner. That really would make a mockery of British speedway.

However saying that kings Lynn had they finished top wanted to have Coventry at home in the first leg. I'm sure Lyons even says this to sky tv at the last meeting.

As a kings Lynn fan I am a firm believer that our race was already run when it came to the play offs. We would not have beaten 2 of the 3 other sides over 2 legs to win it.

You only have to look at what could have happened.

Kerr may not have got injured in the first leg

Bjerre may not have been fit enough to ride 2 meetings. We were lucky the 2nd leg kept getting postponed to allow him more time to recover

Schlein may not have had 2 engine failures

Any other of our riders could have been badly injured and made our team weaker

We would of had different guests who could of done better or worse

There's just a few of the ifs and maybes that could of made us score more points or less. It's too complicated to even think of awarding it to anyone else.

What I feel is the main problem here is the lack of urgency the FIM have shown. It's still going on and teams are suffering and other riders too as I'm sure Poole are keeping someone waiting just in case. I'm sure that will be the same with his other clubs too. The FIM should have had this done and dusted within 14 days and issued a ban and/or fine to him. At least everyone would have known what is the case. Instead 6 months on and it's still not sorted. No wonder no one takes this sport seriously.