British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Congratulations Kings Lynn: 2014 Elite League Table Toppers

Belated congratulations to Kings Lynn on finishing top of the 2014 Elite League Table!

League Champions in my book. :o:t::sad: :sad:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

As this thread is now pointless:-

Congratulations Poole 2014 Elite League Table toppers and Play off Winners!!!!!

• Like 1

As this thread is now pointless:-

Congratulations Poole 2014 Elite League Table toppers and Play off Winners!!!!!

Thank goodness the SCB have seen sense. :t:

• Like 1

So despite the ruling of the FIM, the SCB are going to ignore the removal of Ward's points part as it's.....well.....a bit of a pain isn't it.

Just as well the UCI didn't adopt this approach when stripping Lance Armstrong of his 7 Tour de France titles after he was found guilty of doping. Instead, they simply declared retrospectively that the there was no winner of the tours in those years.

To me personally, whilst Poole's name is on the trophy (again) after winning the grand final last season, there was no real winner of the Elite League last year.

Hopefully it will be much clearer and scandal free in 2015.

And as a Stars fan can I just state that I wouldn't want to win the league by some kind of exclusion/ruling/default nonsense.

Unless there is some financial incentive from Sky etc which the club/riders could claim back from Poole ☺

And as a Stars fan can I just state that I wouldn't want to win the league by some kind of exclusion/ruling/default nonsense.

That's alright then because you didn't.

As a Swindon fan, can I just state I would be happy to win the league any way we can :wink: :wink:

• Like 2

Hopefully it will be much clearer and scandal free in 2015.

I agree with all you say............ If it can't be done properly than it's not worth sod all..... Nobody won last year.... it was concluded in a complete mesh......

What a pity other fans don't think the same way....

I agree with all you say............ If it can't be done properly than it's not worth sod all..... Nobody won last year.... it was concluded in a complete mesh......

What a pity other fans don't think the same way....

Ooooohhhhhh!!!! Some of us do.

What a totally pointless thread.

What a totally pointless thread.

In the opinion of some.

Though crucially not ALL....................

In the opinion of some.

Though crucially not ALL....................

Crucially - it IS pointless because KL did not top the table no matter what you think should happen - and no asterisk beside Poole's name as being EL champions! Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Crucially - it IS pointless because KL did not top the table no matter what you think should happen - and no asterisk beside Poole's name as being EL champions!

You are entitled (no pun intended) to your opinion. All I said was that others, including me don't agree with you....

However - have it your way. (Sigh).

and the Poole v Kings Lynn semi final was run on the most appalling track .. and then it rained too

• Like 1

If Darcy's points are to be struck from the record for that period, then it's clear that KL are the rightful table toppers. Whether you agree with the FIM or not, they have said the points should go, surely that is the result.

In the UK now, and at the time of this all happening, there is a presumption of 'innocent until proven guilty'. A quick hearing then ban would have resolved whether Darcy could ride for all parties. This didn't happen. As it was, the Poole management could hardly be expected to replace one of their heat leaders on an accusation alone during a period where the FIM had not suspended him. In fact, given the law at the moment, that could arguably left them open to a loss of earnings claim by Darcy should he have ended up not being suspended.

Nobody can say for sure what would have happened had KL had the choice. They would still have had to beat 2 out of the 3 teams and they were decimated by injury. Yes, they may have chosen Bees. Would they have won over 2 legs? I wouldn't have put much on it. If they had beaten Bees, then with the delay, they may have been a little stronger again when they met Pirates but we'll never know.

To me, this all goes to show that there should be 2 cups, one for the league winners, then one for the playoffs. A team, in this case KL, should have something to show for the fact they were the best over the season, not for the few matches after the league end which is far more susceptible to both injury and fatigue for the riders.

• Like 3