British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

JUST had a chat with Greg Hancock who walked the track this morning and he says the shape is much improved on last year, wider going into the corners although still a little narrow coming out. Been raining this morning but should be okay for practice at 5pm local time (3 pm bst).

Speaking of times, and I haven't checked if this has been mentioned already, but tomorrow's GP starts at 5pm (BST).

• Like 1

JUST had a chat with Greg Hancock who walked the track this morning and he says the shape is much improved on last year, wider going into the corners although still a little narrow coming out. Been raining this morning but should be okay for practice at 5pm local time (3 pm bst).

Great news that it has been improved.

It is just a little sad, about the (mis) information that emanates from SGP-land.

You have been passing the information you were getting from the organisers.

That this was, for various reasons, just not possible.

It's seems one thing for the PR machine to screw up damage limitation.

Quite another for them to screw up positive news equally badly.

Yes, sadly I no longer need to work out how much of the ice hockey semi final I'll be able to watch.

Not after a massive argument but just wondered why? Don't think they're dirt cheap at all but Finland isn't the cheapest place in the world and for me the price is roughly inline with what I would expect.

Whilst there is a discussion to be had on the value for entertainment based on last year's meeting ticket prices are never going to reflect such things, I'm sure the formula 1 Spanish GP for example isn't cheap despite it's dullness, and the prices seem to be ok based on what I used to pay for Cardiff anyway.

Fair comment, but I've been to Finland for the past few seasons to watch other meetings, and compared with Denmark prices are quite reasonable. I just thought they'd be a bit cheaper to attract the locals that don't usually go. 90, 70 and 55 euros for the cheapest is certainly dearer than I expected. I admit I could have brought cheaper by booking early, but without knowing the forecast that wasn't a sensible option, at least now I can buy the cheapest as the forecast appears ok.

Well Holder is hoping for a better track tomorrow according to Twitter.

@Chris_Holder23: Hoping for a better track tomorrow 😁😁😁

This was posted not long ago. I haven't seen any other riders comment like this on it. Is the track bad or is Holder getting his excuses in early.

@Chris_Holder23: Hoping for a better track tomorrow

This was posted not long ago. I haven't seen any other riders comment like this on it. Is the track bad or is Holder getting his excuses in early.

Wasn't it this little 'tweeter of joy' that said something similar ahead of Warsaw.

And then apparently/allegedly quite vocal behind the scenes on April 18?

Nice guy.

Mind you my expectations are now quite low of this chap.

Tweeting the world supporting DW on the eve of the tribunal.

And now we know the REAL truth.

Really nice guy.

• Like 1

(1) Maybe Chris Holder is telling the truth

(2) Having spoken to him a few times over the years back to when he first came over here. He has always been an approachable and very polite bloke.

(3) Darky is a mate of his would you not wish a mate the best of luck or were you christened.

Billy No

• Like 2

Pedersen said the track was "looking" good. This may have been before practice to be fair.

Pedersen said the track was "looking" good. This may have been before practice to be fair.

So a slick track then? ;)

• Like 1

@Chris_Holder23: Hoping for a better track tomorrow

Maybe he was hoping for a bit more dirt.

DEFINITELY a better shape than last year but still heavily favours the fast starters. Cloudy and overcast but no real rain forecast. Quite cold, too.

Pedersen supposedly feeling 'groggy' and a bit dizzy after his crash this week. Hope he's not allowed to put other riders at risk!!

• Like 1

Pedersen supposedly feeling 'groggy' and a bit dizzy after his crash this week. Hope he's not allowed to put other riders at risk!!

Well, it works both ways......

Dangerous track, risk of injury to riders, meeting abandoned because the riders say it's to dangerous..

Nicki Pedersen suffering from dizziness and groggy after crash earlier in the week, would this cause excess danger to other riders?? My guess it would.. So, he should be withdrawn by officials as being a danger to other riders.. danger is danger, practise what you preach Nicki and withdraw to make the meeting safer........!!

Bet he won't be though!

HE'S fine ... and a good bet for this evening

• Like 1