British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Rob Lambert Our Next British Hope?

There's only one person who isn't calm on the thread.

He's also completely forgotten what he was arguing in the first place and is now contradicting himself. It happens everytime.

Perhaps a little more understanding would help?

Rob has improved his fitness and changed his eating habits over the close season so let's watch him fly this year ☺

• Like 3

Perhaps a little more understanding would help?

A big mistake on my part WK, you have warned me endless times Thankyou for that!,not to react i did very badly.I have not spoken to Witcher for weeks,yet i spoke and there is no doubt in my mind he has intentionally inflamed the position a pre meditated act.Again no excuses my own fault not a problem with that there are some great people on the forum great company great /value.

Rob has improved his fitness and changed his eating habits over the close season so let's watch him fly this year ☺

He will do well good luck to the lad i think he will have a good season,i would love a seven plus average at Lynn he is well capable his gating does worry me a big talent no doubt.
  • Like 1

He just needs to get out of them starts - because he's fast once he's in front!

A poor example have a rethink ? you yourself do you rate Lambert or not? forget the stats and figures and age Risager was not in the same league at the same stage.

Perfectly reasonable example is Risager.

Im sure Sidney could start a fight in a room on his own!

Justin Elkins, Ben Howe , 2 more examples of riders who didnt go forward.

Mark Loram was riding British league at 16 and i think averaged 4.5 from reserve.

All depends if Lambert wants it enough or in 2 - 3 years could be another David Howe or Simon Stead. Good riders short of top class

I would not put Lambert at Lee and Wards level (ie) those two have to be the most talented riders ever?.Lambert though is a talent when i have seen him his gating is very poor but he is rounded a very good rider indeed a thinking rider one ride this year he produced at Lakeside this year was awesome.

you forget Mark Loram. the most talented rider ive ever seen and safe as well

I never ever heard from anybody that Risager was that highly rated,?certainly not in the league of NIelsen,Gundo,Knudsen.

im not sure then that you have ever read about speedway properly.

Risager was always dubbed the 'new Nielsen' and at 16 was probably ahead of Nielsen and Gundersen at that age,

Very selective memory you have

No i just went by my own opinion, and are you seriously telling me Risager was EVER rated as highly as the three i named and believe me IRis i think my memory will be always be able to compete with you not a problem.

Yes he was try reading what people are telling you.

Perfectly reasonable example is Risager.

Im sure Sidney could start a fight in a room on his own!

Justin Elkins, Ben Howe , 2 more examples of riders who didnt go forward.

Mark Loram was riding British league at 16 and i think averaged 4.5 from reserve.

All depends if Lambert wants it enough or in 2 - 3 years could be another David Howe or Simon Stead. Good riders short of top class

you forget Mark Loram. the most talented rider ive ever seen and safe as well

I see him at 16 mate Loram did you ??? you and Witcher are the two clowns of the forum that i should not even bother with but you are good value and you add loads to the forum apart from your Poole pathetic bias.!!!Give Witcher a text!!,

I am not agreeing my memory is poor as you have told me,i remember Risager being rated but he was never ever in the same parish as the three i have named that's my point.

YES HE WAS!!!!!!!!!! Just because those 3 had glittering careers does not alter the fact Risager was as good if not better and more highly regarded at 16.

Do you pretend to be thick or is it natural?

• Like 1

If Rob is looked after right and they give him the cances he needs then I can see him making into the top levels of World speedway, if not he will just end up as some many other young British riders that had the talent, but through no fault of their own where held back because they never had the chance to make it into the top flights of British speedway or at world level.

Hopefully he can get a place with one of the top overseas clubs in the next couple of years as well as over here in the EL.

If that happens we have a star in the making.

• Like 2

Sidney is just very passionate about his speedway & very knowledgeable

passionate maybe......knowledgeable? hmmm

I see him at 16 mate Loram did you ??? you and Witcher are the two clowns of the forum that i should not even bother with but you are good value and you add loads to the forum apart from your Poole pathetic bias.!!!Give Witcher a text!!,

lol your hilarious sort your knickers out.

saw far more of Loram than most on here. My uncle sponsored him at 15 handing him money over the pit wall at Hackney through to 19. He came to my uncles and aunts funerals. I have a race jacket from hids first british semi final at sheffield and i my cousin has the one from his British Final in 1997.

We followed him all round the country

So dont get started on what i do and dont know.

• Like 1

YES HE WAS!!!!!!!!!! Just because those 3 had glittering careers does not alter the fact Risager was as good if not better and more highly regarded at 16.

Do you pretend to be thick or is it natural?

Knudsen as an example if your brain can take it in!! not that you ever see him ride did YOU? at a 16/ 17 old old averaging Six plus in a really tough BL.Risager was highly rated showed promise but that product was watered down a really diluted product there are endless teenagers who have been highly rated.

there are endless teenagers who have been highly rated.

Just leave it there sid and we all agree......

saw far more of Loram than most on here. My uncle sponsored him at 15 handing him money over the pit wall at Hackney through to 19. He came to my uncles and aunts funerals. I have a race jacket from hids first british semi final at sheffield and i my cousin has the one from his British Final in 1997.

Can hold my own with you not

Did you see him race being a mascot? and at aged 16 race? Yes or Know? Or did you see him in the 90s ?. I did see him at Hackney a fair bit one year at reserve sometimes with TItman i always liked him and later on what a racer he was and ( ie) he is a real nice guy.Dont prejudge me did you see him ride in the eighties?

I think all we've managed to show so far is what a rider is like at 15-18 means nothing compared to what they may have achieved by the time they have retired. One of the greatest ever Ivan Mauger was a nobody, a nothing, a irrelevant at 15-18 but I bet there not many who would not swap their careers/lives for his! By many we're talking maybe 1 or 2.

Knudsen as an example if your brain can take it in!! not that you ever see him ride did YOU? at a 16/ 17 old old averaging Six plus in a really tough BL.Risager was highly rated showed promise but that product was watered down a really diluted product there are endless teenagers who have been highly rated.

if you are going to use the 'watered down" arguement to try to back up your Risager case then you really have shot yourself in the foot for your Lambert case!
  • Like 4

if you are going to use the 'watered down" arguement to try to back up your Risager case then you really have shot yourself in the foot for your Lambert case!

Sidney is never wrong tho so now im confused?