British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Rob Lambert Our Next British Hope?

if you are going to use the 'watered down" arguement to try to back up your Risager case then you really have shot yourself in the foot for your Lambert case!

What i am saying Knudsen (ect) were in a far harder league miles harder I have seen both riders RIsager / Lambert for me Lambert was the better (ie) because his gating was very poor but did well also Lambert did it in a top five all season.

If Rob is looked after right and they give him the cances he needs then I can see him making into the top levels of World speedway, if not he will just end up as some many other young British riders that had the talent, but through no fault of their own where held back because they never had the chance to make it into the top flights of British speedway or at world level.

Hopefully he can get a place with one of the top overseas clubs in the next couple of years as well as over here in the EL.

If that happens we have a star in the making.

Yes I know where you are coming from with young riders showing loads of promise at a young age and not progressing to the very top. Three riders come to my mind who I felt under achieved, and I am not knocking them these are Alf Busk, Kevin Jolly and Mel Taylor in my opinion I thought they would have gone further than they did.

Yes I know where you are coming from with young riders showing loads of promise at a young age and not progressing to the very top. Three riders come to my mind who I felt under achieved, and I am not knocking them these are Alf Busk, Kevin Jolly and Mel Taylor in my opinion I thought they would have gone further than they did.

All three added with Michael Graves, who i thought would do better.

All three added with Michael Graves, who i thought would do better.

Yes he is another rider that looked so promising. But for me Busk looked so stylish, i travelled out with Hans in 1977 wen Busk won U21 at Vojens, mind he did have Olsen in his camp

Can hold my own with you not Did you see him race being a mascot? and at aged 16 race? Yes or Know? Or did you see him in the 90s ?. I did see him at Hackney a fair bit one year at reserve sometimes with TItman i always liked him and later on what a racer he was and ( ie) he is a real nice guy.Dont prejudge me did you see him ride in the eighties?

I know you are rarely wrong Sid, but I don't think you ever saw Loram riding at reserve for Hackney alongside Titman. Titman left Waterden Road at the end of 1983 and went to Wimbledon. Loram didn't start until later.

• Like 1

What i am saying Knudsen (ect) were in a far harder league miles harder I have seen both riders RIsager / Lambert for me Lambert was the better (ie) because his gating was very poor but did well also Lambert did it in a top five all season.

Yeah, while Risager was racing (and beating) Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump.. Lambert was beating Ashley Morris and Benji Compton.

• Like 1

Yeah, while Risager was racing (and beating) Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump.. Lambert was beating Ashley Morris and Benji Compton.

Knudsen at

I know you are rarely wrong Sid, but I don't think you ever saw Loram riding at reserve for Hackney alongside Titman. Titman left Waterden Road at the end of 1983 and went to Wimbledon. Loram didn't start until later.

Yep hands up to that SAlty it could of been Galvin but Loram at 16 was very decent -all i will say to Witcher is Lambert will turn out a better rider than Risager.

Sidney is never wrong tho so now im confused?

Sidney has seen things most of us cannot imagine!

Risagers gating was brilliant. Risager spent the whole season in the 1-5.

Knudsen at Yep hands up to that SAlty it could of been Galvin but Loram at 16 was very decent -all i will say to Witcher is Lambert will turn out a better rider than Risager.

I don't think thats too difficult a prediction to make though. Risagers has turned into a huge anti-climax, a massive disappointment. To beat Risager doesn't mean Lambert will be great, just not as rubbish.

Sidney has seen things most of us cannot imagine!

Risagers gating was brilliant. Risager spent the whole season in the 1-5.

I don't think thats too difficult a prediction to make though. Risagers has turned into a huge anti-climax, a massive disappointment. To beat Risager doesn't mean Lambert will be great, just not as rubbish.

Risager was one of the massively touted talents I remember it well. I can't remember which season it was now, one of the first meetings of the season after a mediocre end to the previous season and he came out and scalped a GP rider, was it Nicki P? We thought, Whoah, the boy is back .He didn't live up to it though.

2006/2007 was it Shawn?

2006/2007 was it Shawn?

2006 he had a poor year but struggled with injury. Averaged less than 4. Then in 2007 he come back and was scoring well again, he beat Nicki and Bjarne (then at the height of his scoring) in consecutive weeks. Looked to be back to where he was pre-injury then Oxford folded and he was dropped and replaced by Johno.

Perfectly reasonable example is Risager.

Im sure Sidney could start a fight in a room on his own!

Justin Elkins, Ben Howe , 2 more examples of riders who didnt go forward.

Mark Loram was riding British league at 16 and i think averaged 4.5 from reserve.

All depends if Lambert wants it enough or in 2 - 3 years could be another David Howe or Simon Stead. Good riders short of top class

you forget Mark Loram. the most talented rider ive ever seen and safe as well

im not sure then that you have ever read about speedway properly.

Risager was always dubbed the 'new Nielsen' and at 16 was probably ahead of Nielsen and Gundersen at that age,

Very selective memory you have

Yes he was try reading what people are telling you.

Loram the most talented rider you have ever seen ? hate to say it as im English through & through, yes i was a big Loram fan & was an amazing rider. Was at Exeter the night he got the track record, at Pfaffenhofen in 92 when he had the run off with Adams, what a race that was. He should thank David Norris for that!! But to say most talented, I think Gollob was in another league when it comes to talent. Gollob can do things on a bike that Ward cant even do YET!!!!

Can hold my own with you not Did you see him race being a mascot? and at aged 16 race? Yes or Know? Or did you see him in the 90s ?. I did see him at Hackney a fair bit one year at reserve sometimes with TItman i always liked him and later on what a racer he was and ( ie) he is a real nice guy.Dont prejudge me did you see him ride in the eighties?

ok I get it you are thick or just trolling. Read my post you fool! We know the Loram family my uncle sponsored him at 15 did you not read it!!!!!!!!! And Titman was way before Mark!

ok I get it you are thick or just trolling. Read my post you fool! We know the Loram family my uncle sponsored him at 15 did you not read it!!!!!!!!! And Titman was way before Mark!

Gavan, a quick message to you, can you tell me if Mike Lee gets to Ipswich meetings ?

I remember Risagrr being very very highly rated at 15. He was beating the lilkes of nicki p and the other top danes in denmark before he was allowed to ride innthe uk

Ended up being rubbish but at 15/16 he was a very very highly rated rider, as was pavlic