British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe Lc 26/03/2015

Who says there is any deal? If Ashley Holloway is one of the top regarded tuners in the country its not a huge surprise many riders use him.

In addition if he is preparing good engines that fly round Sheffield why wouldn't they all want to be on board with that.

With a good client base maybe Ash attends most Sheffield meetings so can see how the riders / engines are performing and make the required adjustments. Plus locality means he could collect / deliver engines to all.

Theres not always a dark ulterior motive......lets face it the way Steady is going at the moment the others would be mad not to be using the same tuner![/quote

There may not be a deal...but I have never known a whole team all use the same tuner before and especially one that won't come cheap...I just find it odd that they would all do that as it's an expensive thing to do ....but you make a good case so it could well be the case ..

There may not be a deal...but I have never known a whole team all use the same tuner before and especially one that won't come cheap...I just find it odd that they would all do that as it's an expensive thing to do ....but you make a good case so it could well be the case ..

Maybe it's nothing more than all the riders sat down and discussed set-ups, what works best etc and all come to the same conclusion. They have to have their bikes done by someone (could be themselves) so why not Ash Holloway?

Steady has used him for a few years now and Bates was using him last season as for Ty Proctor. That leaves Bellego, Birks, Compton and Sissis. Sissis as a novice was probably happy to listen to those at the club as to whats best to use.

Ashley Holloway is the renown tuner for Emil when he rode in the GP's on big circuits. Sheffield has a similar sized track to the GP's so Ash will have the knowledge. "THE DEAL" being if he tunes 1 bike then they would pay the going rate. By tuning the whole team, you would pay a better DEAL. That's all that was meant, a discount!

• Like 1

Who says there is any deal? If Ashley Holloway is one of the top regarded tuners in the country its not a huge surprise many riders use him.

In addition if he is preparing good engines that fly round Sheffield why wouldn't they all want to be on board with that.

With a good client base maybe Ash attends most Sheffield meetings so can see how the riders / engines are performing and make the required adjustments. Plus locality means he could collect / deliver engines to all.

Theres not always a dark ulterior motive......lets face it the way Steady is going at the moment the others would be mad not to be using the same tuner![/quote

I understood in the early 00's, that Sheffield riders had their engines serviced by the promotion as part of their financial deal with the club. The initial problem is obviously expense, but it does/did give riders the opportunity to expect greater things from their engines, that they wouldn't normally afford if they were paying for it.

Think in sporting terms this is known as Sheffield giving us 'a bloody nose' - still take the positives, we have no Duggy, Ellis and Nike will get better, Josh looks close to his own 'imperious' best, Alex needs track time and will only improve, Wilko delivers and again will improve, Theo is more than capable home and away of picking up the points, and Skipper will sort his gremlins and be back on it sooner rather than later.

As for the Tiggers - well done, nice to see Ash in the points (just not against us :), Steady and Proctor are class acts, and it looks like young Josh has hit the ground running (well done young man)

Very encouraging start for the Tigers and plenty more to come. Really pleased to see Andre going so well after his crash last year and him and Steady at 1 and 2 really are an awesome partnership particulary at Owlerton. Josh is much improved on last season being very unlucky to called back in 2 races when on clear 5-1s then outgated by the Scunny rider in the rerun. Ash, David and Ty very solid in the engine room and Arthur just needs a few more laps.

Hope it warms up next week as that's as cold as I ever remember Owlerton during the speedway season.

Think in sporting terms this is known as Sheffield giving us 'a bloody nose' - still take the positives, we have no Duggy, Ellis and Nike will get better, Josh looks close to his own 'imperious' best, Alex needs track time and will only improve, Wilko delivers and again will improve, Theo is more than capable home and away of picking up the points, and Skipper will sort his gremlins and be back on it sooner rather than later.

As for the Tiggers - well done, nice to see Ash in the points (just not against us :), Steady and Proctor are class acts, and it looks like young Josh has hit the ground running (well done young man)

Definitely with you Duffy on this; we need not beat ourselves up too much about last night. Sure we want to be spot on mechanically; off the starts etc.. but its competitive time on the track that's key for me; and only then do the gremlins; rustiness etc.. come out. I am with Rob; I don't have us down to take the League Cup its time for things to come together and we then attack the League.

There were positives in there; Wilko had right old go at it; Josh looked hungry enough for it; Theo threw in a win and second. Nike should have had more than 1pt !; Boom ! that's two air bags already - he's going to be real entertainer, and Ellis; he'll be competitive make no mistake once he dials in.. Alex back after a year off; and David with a few gremlins in the tank struggled a bit but no worries - everyone got home safe..

It was always going to be harder at Owlerton than last

season;minus Ryan;Tommy Gun and Birko who usually go well there.

We go again at the EWR a week Monday. Back the team; exciting times ahead

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Nike should have had more than 1pt !; Boom ! that's two air bags already - he's going to be real entertainer

We did have a bit of a preview of Nike at Sheffield's press and practice when he had a big off. Think it's fair to say the air bag repairers on the tight tracks could be very busy when Scunny are in town.

Good start for the tigers.well happy with the performance.Steady was top draw,andre,ash,david good value,josh looks a lot more steady on the bike,sissis needs more track time but looks like he could be a good asset later in the season. I think we should be patient with him.Ty hope fully will get back to his best,looked a bit out of shape on occasions.On the whole an impressive start,lets hope it continues.

Good performance from the Tigers and nice to finally get a win at home against the Scorpions, their winning streak at Owlerton was starting to grate a little.

But the pleasing factor about last nights win was that I think that we can still do better and I think that the team will improve.

Steady is the King of Owlerton and it is going to take some rider to beat him there.

Andre as good as ever, showing no effects from last seasons horror crash.

Ash Birks put in a solid performance.

Ty Proctor still finding his feet, and should and will get better.

David Bellego was made for Sheffield and Sheffield was made fro him.

Josh Bates looks far more smoother and seems to have matured be interesting to see how much he can put on that starting average this season.

Arthur Sissis show glimpses of what he can do, will take his time to settle in and I don't think that we will see the best from him until next season.

The other pleasing factor last night was the Team Spirit through the team, a willingness for riders to lend out bikes to team mates when needed some that has sadly been lacking in recent years with other Sheffield teams.

Not a great night for the Scorpions, with only Wilkinson and Auty making any sort of impact unless you count Lunna's impact on the air fence on the first bend.

Its still early days and there is a long way to go, but if we can stay fit and keep the spirit going we could be in for a far better season at Sheffield.

Stead will again be around the WTC scene, he has to be , at home he will take some beating and he will improve i believe his away average.I really enjoyed his spell at Swindon, a real nice bloke also a brilliant team man i think as he gets older he could still improve.

Great opening performance by the Tigers, one of best i have seen in years ! We do look very strong outfit around Owlerton and hopefully we can go unbeaten this season at home.

Simon Stead - Starting the season in style and looking unbeatable around Owlerton !

Andre Compton - Great to see him starting the season well, his partnership with Stead in heat 1 will always give us a good start to meeting.

Ashley Birks - Solid performance from Ash and will no doubt improve more.

Ty Proctor - Good start, plenty more to come i think.

David Bellego - Great to see him blasting around Owlerton for us, just one mistake in heat 13 allowing Auty easy run around outside and that was it.

Josh Bates - Postive start and his style much better compared to last season, trip down under done him world of good.

Arthur Sissis - Didn't get the points his effort deserved, once he works out the line around bend 1 & 2 then he will do well, scrubbed a lot of speed off in middle of 1 & 2.

Edited by whoswinnin86

Arthur Sissis - Didn't get the points his effort deserved, once he works out the line around bend 1 & 2 then he will do well, scrubbed a lot of speed off in middle of 1 & 2.

It took Simon Lambert ages to get the hang of entering the first bend, but he cracked it eventually. Unfortunately, Damien Koppe never did. I'm confident that Arthur will sort it in the next few weeks.