British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V Poole, Elite Shield, 26/03/15

Glad to see that you were wrong on this one! :) Do you know if he sorted the mechanic problem in the end?

Adam had a slow start to the season, but he had a good night at Birmingham as well so hopefully he'll do well against Leciester tonight!

Many riders arrange a mechanic to meet them at the track, only the well sponsored ones can afford to pay / have their mechanic paid for by the club. Adam got the call late the previous night and had to drive from Birmingham back to near Wimbourne, get up early and clean his bikes , suit etc before setting off again at lunchtime. He put a shout out on twitter and a mechanic was arranged, nothing unusual in that .

• Like 4

Many riders arrange a mechanic to meet them at the track, only the well sponsored ones can afford to pay / have their mechanic paid for by the club. Adam got the call late the previous night and had to drive from Birmingham back to near Wimbourne, get up early and clean his bikes , suit etc before setting off again at lunchtime. He put a shout out on twitter and a mechanic was arranged, nothing unusual in that .

Cheers Jonny, I suspected that was the case - just glad to hear that he did get something sorted as I'm sure no rider wants to do all mechanic duties for a meeting as well!

Hopefully Adam gets plenty of EL guest bookings when required this year, more track time is always good! From a fan perspective I'm very glad to have Adam at Lakeside again this year.

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 1

Glad to see that you were wrong on this one! :) Do you know if he sorted the mechanic problem in the end?

Adam had a slow start to the season, but he had a good night at Birmingham as well so hopefully he'll do well against Leciester tonight!

No idea if he got a mechanic but assume he did as the mechanic would have had a lot of work to do after his spill where he got too much grip and headed straight for the fence which was when Porsing got injured, luckily Ellis was able to continue, ia m also glad i got it wrong

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Oh dear. 5 riders and we still come away with the shield.. The futures great the futures pirates...#poolepirateseliteleaguechampionsthreeonthetrotski #piratepride :rofl:

and this sort of post is the reason why you are so disliked on here.

You were banging on and on that this didnt matter on your own thread.

Lo and behold you win it and here you are crowing.

Your quite pathetic really and a shame on your fans.

Well done Poole on your win and once again look like a team to beat if Holder can start firing. And janowski is a revalation. Still beats me why people thought Ward would be a better option

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy the visit ;)

Oh i always did, and last night was, cold, but very enjoyable! Everytime i go i still cant believe how much its changed since i first started going in the early 80s.

I got thinking last night, could "saddlebow road" as i know it, be the most improved speedway stadium in the country?

Was IMO an extremely poor meeting.

A couple of good battles but in the main well strung out heats.

Hope all injured rider's are back asap

Cant disagree with any of that. Shame really, was slick, one line, and if i recall, 1 pass, iversen at the end. Still enjoyed it though, first meeting on a personal note since the british semi at sheffield last season! (Work reasons mainly) Forgot how much i love speedway, i wont leave it as long for my next one

Well not much to shout about from this meeting unfortunately (it ws too bloody cold to enjoy it! :sad: , though there were several good races and good passes from Lambert, NKI and even Kenny Bjerre ( repassing Magic in ht 13).Plus It was at least good to win on the hight ;) . Obviously POole missed Holder but that was partially offset by Stars loss of Niklas. Hopefully Nik isn't too bashed about after Ellis wiped him out as it was certainly a nasty one. Nik was harder to peplace than Holder with r/r anyway imo so that certainly didnt help the Stars.

Best wishes to both anyway - not a good way to start the season for either :nono:

As others have said this wasnt a terribly important fixture but of course would have been nice to win the ES, whatever.

The season proper starts next week for Lynn but there were enough bright moments tonight from all the Stars to be optimistic about it, as long as we can keep away from the damn injuries!! :o:cry:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 2

Going back to the time issue and then having an interval. This is where the sport falls apart imo, its not good enough having a 15 heat meeting take 2 2 n half hours. 90 minutes should be enough, even with 1 or 2 incidents. Too slow inbetween races, cant help but think more would go if it progressed quicker. The big crash last night, in fairness didnt take long to get sorted out, nor did the change of the section of air bag to be switched. Just generally inbetween each race is far too long winded. The race finishes, we have the result and timed announced, and then the 2 minute siren should be on, 4 heat blocks should be done in 10/15 minutes.

• Like 2

I'm afraid that the reports show once again the the promoters of this sport are utterly clueless.

It's reported that it was a freezing cold night, there had been long delays earlier in the meeting and yet they still hold an interval.

This is precisely how you lose fans.

It's reported quite a number left early.. now of course some of those will be back next week but it's highly likely a few of them won't and will have left feeling short changed and unappreciated (rightly so).

How different it could have been if they had announced that they were going to push the meeting through with no interval as they were aware of what a cold night it was for the paying public! That sends fans home feeling appreciated.

It really is so very simple, basic customer service....

• Like 7

I thought it wasn't a terrible meeting, been to worse but it did seem to take along time to get the early races and i was surprised after so many delays that there was a interval, thought the track was ok although there were a few crashes on the same bend which makes you think there may have been a problem there but i think most, if not all the crashes were due to over riding.

• Like 3

And that is one of the reasons why people have issues with you and certain other Poole "fans" :mad:

Learn to win and lose with grace !!

Im very happy to lose mate, i was one of the first to shake your promotions hands when you won the league in 0-12. Going into the race before you clinched the title your promotion were so animated, and thats what winning the league should be all about.

and this sort of post is the reason why you are so disliked on here.

I don't come on here to be liked mate...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Im very happy to lose mate, i was one of the first to shake your promotions hands when you won the league in 0-12. Going into the race before you clinched the title your promotion were so animated, and thats what winning the league should be all about.

I don't come on here to be liked mate...

That is blatantly obvious!!!

• Like 4

At Swindon last night they had 25 races, it started about 7.45, may have been a bit earlier, and was finished by 9.30. There was a couple of crashes and gate restarts but the riders were at the gate waiting to come out as soon as the bikes were wheeled off the track from the previous heats, also the track was graded every 5 heats, so it can be done.

• Like 1

Promotions dont want meets over too quickly, they need to sell their over priced food and drink. GRW had the right idea last night, he said he was taking his own.

Well done to Poole on picking up the first bit of silverware available for this season.

Commiserations to the Stars who are a good team and will be be in the top four for the play-off's.

• Like 4

Poor meeting in my option 4heats in an hour is no good on a freezing cold night and on top of that why have an interval ? And tractor racing ?

Obviously delays following accidents can't be avoided, but I thought the plan this season was to speed up proceedings, and last night took far to long. It was one of the coldest nights I can remember.......well, so was the Rory Schlein Testimonial........and as you say, why have an interval too.

Sadly, quite a few people left long before the end, with at least three saying "We won't be returning". To those people I would say not to judge things by this one meeting, because they don't always take that long to reach a conclusion.

As 'Trees' said, thank goodness we've got a proper programme this year, and yep, I also thought Matt did a good job out on the centre.

Hopefully we'll soon get some warmer evenings, and meetings that finish by no later than 9.30pm