British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside Tues 31st Sky 7.30

Lakeside looked poor KL ripped them a new one and were two riders down hope they get better as soon as.Oh and a special mention to Lambert great performance really enjoyed watching him tonight very tidy young lad real potential if given time.

In English please?

Lakeside were bad but did you miss one of your guys going off in an ambulance after turn 2 threw him off?And it nearly had a few others off too, including AJ. I agree Lakeside didn't help but the track was still pants.

Good to see a young Brit gating his way to a paid maximum in the EL though, regardless of the opposition. :)

Think we could argue all night about it :lol::t:

Regarding Kerr's crash it clearly showed on the replays he over cooked the backend. Those crashes happen week in week out around the world.

Blaming the track for Lakeside's incompetence is taking the argument over the top.

• Like 1

Can somebody please confirm whether the track was slick or grippy? And how much rain did the stadium have during the afternoon and evening?

Nice start to the season. Genuinely thought Lakeside would be better than that, expect things to be different on Friday. Hope the two injured lads are ok, is Boxall available on Friday?

What on earth do some of you expect. Kings Lynn gated superbly all night. Lakeside didn't turn up tonight. They were not even getting close enough to make a race of it. The track had nothing to do with that performance from lakeside so to blame the track is hilarious. It actually takes 2 teams to race. Falls happen in every speedway meeting auty had a similar issue in the elrc at Leicester this season. Early doors you will get moisture coming through and giving riders too much grip hence why Kerr crashed, it was just unfortunate it caused injury.

Lynn were meant to face Poole tonight but it was decided racing the same side 3 times in 6 days was ridiculous for fans so decided to switch the fixtures.

Well done lambert superb from the gate. Showing something you didn't do last year. I hope you keep your head and carry on learning. Also special mention to Ashley Morris, being the only new lad can't be easy and to score well tonight was very pleasing.

• Like 3

I am no track guru but i have been to Kings Lynn many times over the last few years and just isn't the same as it used to be,very few riders seem to be able to overtake and it wasn't much better last week when Poole were there. My own track gets a lot of flack most of which is fair but if your going to claim it is the best track then there should be some passing in a meeting. I haven't been to Peterborough lately but i bet they get more passes in one race than we had tonight.

• Like 7

Well if that track tonight was acceptable of the self-proclaimed best track in the country you have your answer as to why I cant rarely be bothered to travel the 50ish miles to my local track. Riders struggling around one of the bends all night, thats riders from both teams, certainly suggests there was an issue with the corner to me.

As for blaming Lakeside for the lack of passing, well the Lynn riders were hardly flying past the Lakeside riders were there Bjerre was pretty pants all night but once he got out the 2nd bend in front of AJ, AJ could do nothing.

Can somebody please confirm whether the track was slick or grippy? And how much rain did the stadium have during the afternoon and evening?

Nice start to the season. Genuinely thought Lakeside would be better than that, expect things to be different on Friday. Hope the two injured lads are ok, is Boxall available on Friday?

King's Lynn is always grippy - at EL level at least. It may not always look that way though, that's what often catches riders out.

A very disappointing start to the SKY season. I honestly can not recall seeing a worse EL match on TV. I'm sure there have been some. Right?

You know it's bad when the Pearson-Tatum comedy duo provides the highlights of the night! :oops:

I am no track guru but i have been to Kings Lynn many times over the last few years and just isn't the same as it used to be,very few riders seem to be able to overtake and it wasn't much better last week when Poole were there. My own track gets a lot of flack most of which is fair but if your going to claim it is the best track then there should be some passing in a meeting. I haven't been to Peterborough lately but i bet they get more passes in one race than we had tonight.

Your track gets flak when it has holes in it and is dangerous. You are right, Lynn is nowhere near what it was and not a patch on Peterborough but it is smooth and consistent more often than not. Tonight and last week when there was heavy rain around on both days probably aren't the best meetings to judge the track on, especially with such poor opposition tonight. I accept though that we haven't had a decent televised meeting from Lynn for a bloody long time.

Forgot to say well done Robert Lambert, the boy has that in his locker when he strings a few starts together. Superb stuff.

I've said and agree, our track isn't what it was & it hasn't been for some time but it had nothing to do with tonight. An NL side would have put up a better battle than Lakeside tonight.

The reason we win 'track of the year' year on year is down to it's consistency & riders trust in it. It certainly doesn't win race track of the year and it hasn't been a racing circuit for a good 7-8 years.

At most, we get 2-3 good races a meeting and probably 1 great 1 amongst those of we're lucky.

But the showing tonight can only lay blame at 1 teams door. They never even got close enough for rear wheel chasing.

I'm pretty sure I heard NKI say it was a bit slick, when being interviewed by Chris Louis, but I wasn't concentrating 100% as I was watching Ingerland being awful at the same time.

That's two hours of my life I'll never get back

• Like 1

What a pathetic meeting! And I'm a lynn fan this track is getting worse every season! Explains why I pick and choose my meetings now as I ain't wasting my money anymore! Well done Robert lambert though awesome performance

I've said and agree, our track isn't what it was & it hasn't been for some time but it had nothing to do with tonight. An NL side would have put up a better battle than Lakeside tonight.

The reason we win 'track of the year' year on year is down to it's consistency & riders trust in it. It certainly doesn't win race track of the year and it hasn't been a racing circuit for a good 7-8 years.

At most, we get 2-3 good races a meeting and probably 1 great 1 amongst those of we're lucky.

But the showing tonight can only lay blame at 1 teams door. They never even got close enough for rear wheel chasing.

I do have to agree with that. Quite why the cretinous Pearson and sidekick STILL keep banging on about how good the track is at Lynn these days is beyond me, as Screamer so correctly says, there isn't much passing on it anymore (mind you, thats pretty standard for MOST tracks in speedway these days too, sadly). BUT to blame the track for that pathetic and unprofessional display from Lakeside tonight, really isn't fair as they were, quite frankly, an embarrassment and its no wonder when you see utter tripe like that meeting was tonight on TV, that no-one turns up anymore at most tracks, apart from the "big" meetings.

I've been banging on about this for a couple of years now, but the BSPA and tracks should be focusing massively on producing consistent, smooth surfaces that all riders can "have a go" on. The Bombers and Barkers of the world are a dwindling breed and bemoaning the fact that riders don't have any throttle control these days, isn't going to change anything at all.

The track at Brandon is another one that seems to be rougher than a buzzard's crutch every time sky appear. I'd go as far as fining tracks that produce overly rough or tricky tracks, without a suitable excuse, for bringing the sport into disrepute.

We've heard it so many times that conditions are "perfect for racing" and chapman has been working his magic on the track....only for the meeting to be total guff. That is totally unforgivable, especially at a time when paying customers seems to be at an all time low.

Pearson assured us that there was in fact a decent crowd there tonight, but it certainly didn't sound like it and the pictures of the crowd looked pretty damning.

Yes Lakeside were terrible, but there's a common denominator in all meetings from Saddlebrow lately. You can bleat all you like about the quality of the oppo, but that won't cut it with the paying customers and potential customers watching on Sky. I can't imagine any casual or new viewer to speedway, will have been left wanting more from that showing tonight.