British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside Tues 31st Sky 7.30

First league meeting of the season so WAS looking forward to this but it looks like the weather may interfere.

With it being on Sky, predict an away win

I hope it's a convincing win for the stars on Tuesday. If they can't beat lakeside at home there is no hope for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

I hope it's a convincing win for the stars on Tuesday. If they can't beat lakeside at home there is no hope for the rest of the season.

Have to agree. Is Porsing back?

On any normal home meeting we'd smash Lakeside but being on Sky and the predicted weather, Tuesday will be anything but normal

Plenty of riders in the Hammers ranks who love riding at Lynn, not least the two Swedes so will be a tough task. Sometimes it's not as simple as 'we should beat this team as they don't look great on paper'.

Would be nice if there was a discounted admission with Sky in town.....

For the first time we are considering not going Tuesday night and watching on Sky Sports instead the reasons why I,m thinking of this are £17❌2 plus prog plus fuel add a bite to eat as well that's well over £50 to go stand in cold - or we watch on TV and save that money and watch in the warm .

Plenty of riders in the Hammers ranks who love riding at Lynn, not least the two Swedes so will be a tough task. Sometimes it's not as simple as 'we should beat this team as they don't look great on paper'.

Would be nice if there was a discounted admission with Sky in town.....

discounted admission is a must if they want a good crowd I'd go £14 and I doubt Buster would be any worse off but I'm sure it will still be £17 as I've posted we are considering not going Tuesday .
  • Like 2

Sky should pay enough to make Sky meetings a tenner entry, but I guess they don't!

• Like 2

£21 inc prog for stars fans going to lakeside on Friday. I'm not impressed, it was freezing standing on the back straight for the Leicester match. Speedway needs to do a lot more to tempt new fans and keep hold of the old ones like me!

• Like 3

Sky should pay enough to make Sky meetings a tenner entry, but I guess they don't!

As far as I know , Sky don't even pay enough to cover the drop in attendance at these matches when the weather is dodgy and many will be taking to their armchairs even if it was free rather than come out in the freezing cold.

I hope the weather is better next weekend. The Bank Holiday meetings usually bring in decent crowds if the weather is good but if the weather is dodgy it will probably be a bad time for most clubs finances.

I have a feeling Lakeside might well win this...and that's not down to the fact that Sky are there or that the weather might be dodgy. For me, we just don't seem to be the same formidable unit as we were last year, even with only losing Lewis Rose. I know it's early days, but I'm just not sure we'll hit the ground running like we did in 2014 :neutral:

Not too fussed if we don't hit the ground running Em, we peaked far, far too early last year and it was pretty obvious we were going to suffer a loss of form / burnout / injuries come Play Off time. A slow start this time round may not be a bad thing.

• Like 2

Not too fussed if we don't hit the ground running Em, we peaked far, far too early last year and it was pretty obvious we were going to suffer a loss of form / burnout / injuries come Play Off time. A slow start this time round may not be a bad thing.

It will be a bit harder this year as due to the point limit going up, some of the other teams have strengthened this year compared to 2014. The reserve pairings are also more even.

That said I think Kings Lynn should be fine and able to make the top 4. Rory has started well and we all know what NKI is capable of.

For the first time we are considering not going Tuesday night and watching on Sky Sports instead the reasons why I,m thinking of this are £17❌2 plus prog plus fuel add a bite to eat as well that's well over £50 to go stand in cold - or we watch on TV and save that money and watch in the warm .

discounted admission is a must if they want a good crowd I'd go £14 and I doubt Buster would be any worse off but I'm sure it will still be £17 as I've posted we are considering not going Tuesday .

Must admit I have thought about not going for the first time on Tuesday.Is Sky really beneficial to league speedway bosses or just a few.Having said I have thought about not going I would say my daughter may have something to say about that ;)