British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Lakeside Tues 31st Sky 7.30

I'm pretty sure I heard NKI say it was a bit slick, when being interviewed by Chris Louis

Ta

Agreed Ellis was one of better Lakeside riders but Elite Draft riders can not ride in heat 15

I'd have put Ellis in heat 15, he was the only one who seemed to do any overtaking.

Perhaps the track is good and the riders are too, takes something special to eke out a pass 😉

When they do, it is something worth seeing at the speeds they are racing, get and stand on the straight and you will see what I mean, wow!!

• Like 1

Lambert - proving why he is our best hope since Woffy. Total class.

Lakeside were dreadful.

Did Nigel really say Kennett was in form?? Totally awful.

• Like 3

Your choice................. same as all the other whingers!

How was I to know it's be that bad?

I keep hearing that Kings Lynn produce the best race track in the country, but you couldn't pass wind on that last night. Even the home team struggled on the odd occasion when they missed the gate. Didn't help that Lakeside were a pile of doo doo. Reminded me of Rye House circa 2005, apart from when Kings Lynn were the opposition.

Did Nigel really say Kennett was in form?? Totally awful.

I was in the Rye Pub watching it with Len Silver. He couldn't believe how poorly Kennett was. When you're struggling to keep up with Ashley Morris you know you're having a bad night Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

The reason sky wax lyrical about buster is because he can get meetings on with a reasonably safe track no matter what the conditions. We had sudden down pours here yesterday all day and even a hailstorm about 30 minutes before it went live on tv. It saves sky a lot of money to be able to get these meetings on.

With the wind we had yesterday and heavy down pours all day I doubt hardly any other track would have got a surface like that where riders were happy to ride. I also bet hardly any others would have been bothered to put in the work that went on all day yesterday to get the meeting on.

It's like some of you would prefer to have no speedway what so ever so you can look back with rose tinted spectacles of how it was good in the old days.

• Like 5

Last nights meeting was terrible. Lakeside were crap, hardly any fans , only one decent race. Sky haven't done speedway any favours showing that rubbish.

• Like 1

Last nights meeting was terrible. Lakeside were crap, hardly any fans , only one decent race. Sky haven't done speedway any favours showing that rubbish.

Think sky thought it would be a closer meeting as for some reason a lot of people think this Lakeside team look like top 4

Imo Lakeside may do okay at home but reserve pairing and Kennett will be too weak away. Think Wolves look stronger

Fair play to Lambert, he was good.

But that meeting was boring and did no favours for speedway.

yeah Adam Ellis 8+1 , terrible performance :blink:

• Like 4

yeah Adam Ellis 8+1 , terrible performance :blink:

The only opposing rider he beat was Morris. His score looks better due to the fact the lakeside rider he was paired with was even worse and Kings Lynn were down to one reserve for most of the meeting.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Reading some of these adverse comments about the track, is hilarious. SCB really does have a problem.

1 rider comes off all night and the track is deemed as rubbish. There are far better qualified people than I who say the track is the best, and I believe their words over those of the so-called experts on here. Fair enough, the meeting last night was processional, but don't blame that just on the track, The weather was terrible, the wind played it's part, and Lakeside were not interested. I've been to many away meetings and seen some really crap tracks. 3 yrs ago we were at Wolves when 11 races had people fall off, Coventry was held up for over an hour with a hole on the first corner, Poole having more holes and bumps than a scramble track, so please don't label our track that bad.

The big differences these days than before, is the quality of the riders and the fastness of the bikes. A good track need to be smooth and consistent, and one the riders have enough confidence to race on. Lynn track has that every time...

Also, as someone who has been critical of Lambert in the past, it was really pleasing to see him ride so well last night achieving a 6 ride paid max. Well done that man....

And to do it on such a CRAP track..................... Brilliant......

• Like 5

Have said before that as well as having shale which is too grippy I think our straights are too long for today's machines, the better tracks over here tend to have more bend and less straight. No doubt the dirt used is the best for stocks so can't see it changing but would love to see Buster make the circuit shorter and wider.