British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow Spring Trophy 2nd Leg 3/4/15 @ 7.30pm

Unfortunately most if not all clubs have there idiots and to single one incident that just happens to be a Glasgow fan say's more about you feeling the need to criticise about it than it does the was going to say idiot but i wasn't there so can't really comment but as George say's we all have them

Sadly all clubs have their drunken dickheads, all you can do is report them to the stewards. To try to pick on clubs about them just ends up in a twit for tat fight as we see in this thread.

As far as the comments re:moral victors, a case could be made for Glasgow. But had Cookie stayed on track in ht 15 the Edin score would have been 53, add Riss scoring his average rather than 1 then its pushing towards 60. As it was in needed a 3pt reserve to score 8+1 to cover for Riss, Kudos to Rob Branford btw.

I think Edin could be vunerable for the first month or so with Riss in the top 5 especially given the 2 reserves are 3 pointers not the ones that opened for Edin last season, so maybe the score doesn't flatter Glasgow. It will be interesting to see how the teams match up with the new guys having more matches under their belt and more familiar with the track.

Edited by Dekker
  • Like 1

Sadly all clubs have their drunken dickheads, all you can do is report them to the stewards. To try to pick on clubs about them just ends up in a twit for tat fight as we see in this thread.

I have seen it first hand Dekks and i am not defending it yes we have our fair share was pointing out most clubs unfortunately do it was more a reply to the comment about how all this money has been spent but they need to sort out there idiot / idiots comment the only way is as you say report them you will alway's get the few from all clubs but thankfully it is a small minority.

I think Glasgow got the moral victory here. To run Edinburgh to only 9 points missing 3 riders can only augur well for the league meeting. Can see the bragging rights in Scotland shifting

Don't think so somehow Gav..i think it'll take more than a few quid from their sugar daddy Don Facenna (The Possil Park Godfather ) to make the Weegies the Man City of the Premier League somehow ;) Monarchs may be on a much smaller budget but i have a feeling we'll be up there come prizegiving time..Not a bad meeting to start with i think...most riders had their moments and no injuries to report so it's all good... :t: #JoinTheDefence #BringItOan

Don't think so somehow Gav..i think it'll take more than a few quid from their sugar daddy Don Facenna (The Possil Park Godfather ) to make the Weegies the Man City of the Premier League somehow ;) Monarchs may be on a much smaller budget but i have a feeling we'll be up there come prizegiving time..Not a bad meeting to start with i think...most riders had their moments and no injuries to report so it's all good... :t: #JoinTheDefence #BringItOan

Hello stranger! :)

No doubt you guys have a winning formula when it comes to building a successful team.

If we finish ahead of you this year we'll have done well.

More importantly for me though is we have secured our long term future as a club and all the time and money going into the stadium now is money invested in our own assets.

Looking around Armadale last night there was a lot of fund raising going on, and in all sincerity the people doing it deserve a bl00dy medal.

But I couldn't help thinking the money raised keeps the club running, but all it needs is the stadium owners to pull the plug and it's money down the drain.

Sincerely hope you guys get a long term fix, despite all my banter on here the collective support don't deserve anything less.

• Like 3

I think Glasgow got the moral victory here. To run Edinburgh to only 9 points missing 3 riders can only augur well for the league meeting. Can see the bragging rights in Scotland shifting

I am not so sure.

Lawson wasn't missed - judging by the stats in the programme he's crap at Armadale and Hansen was probably actually better - and while Morris and Sarjeant would have scored more taking into account the double pointer from Summers I think Edinburgh would still have won on the night, although the aggregate would have been very close.

There's no doubt that Glasgow have a very good side but Edinburgh won't be far behind, if at all. Cook and Masters are the best spearhead in the league, Sedgemen could easily be the best 3rd heat leader and Wolbert surely can't be as bad as he was last year. Throw in the very impressive Branford and I think Edinburgh will at least make the play offs.

So really don't criticise one man and his dog for poor behaviour when you lot have your fair share off idiot's also.

I sincerely hope you meant that! :D:

I'm not that sure it is harsh. I'm judging him on his speed not finish positions.

For a rider who had a 10.11 home average last year (according to the official needing updated Monarchs website) he wasn't consistently in the mix up front in races. It's still early doors this season and it's not a criticism of him, just an observation of his performance last night.

As you noted yourself, the official Edinburgh website needs updating and one of the areas that is way out of date is the stats page.

The averages quoted on there appear to be for the first half of the season, including Stevie's spell at reserve.

Without wanting to sound harsh, after his big crash at the Dale he didn't look the same rider as before.

I think his actual home average for meetings after that crash was 5.57, or 7.43 with bonus points, so a long way short of the 10.11 on the site and more in line with what he scored last night.

• Like 1

As you noted yourself, the official Edinburgh website needs updating and one of the areas that is way out of date is the stats page.

The averages quoted on there appear to be for the first half of the season, including Stevie's spell at reserve.

Without wanting to sound harsh, after his big crash at the Dale he didn't look the same rider as before.

I think his actual home average for meetings after that crash was 5.57, or 7.43 with bonus points, so a long way short of the 10.11 on the site and more in line with what he scored last night.

I didn't see enough of him post crash last year, but when I did I was always impressed.

I sincerely hope you meant that! :D:

Course i did hopefully.

I didn't see enough of him post crash last year, but when I did I was always impressed.

I'm no expert but he didn't seem as confident to me. There are probably a hundred other explanations that I haven't considered but it looked as if it knocked him.

Ok Gaz, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

• Like 1