British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Glasgow (sat April 4) League Cup

Losing at home s no good to anyone, especially if it becomes a regular thing, but Berwick wont run into teams as good as Glasgow every week so there`s hope yet.

No complaints from me, beaten by a better side on the night. The falls of Vissing and Voldrich were simply a case of guys trying too hard and being committed. ...don't think anyone can complain about that.

Well done to the Tigers on a great win.

• Like 5

Must proof read before posting. I was having great evening wathcing your lot taking a gubbing until the tide changed. Was not pleased in the slightest. :D

Always said that North Sea tide at Berwick had mystical powers.

Quite spooky.

Losing at home s no good to anyone, especially if it becomes a regular thing, but Berwick wont run into teams as good as Glasgow every week so there`s hope yet.

They were there for the taking though.... your average fan (unlike the die hards who have been year after year) will ask how you could throw away a lead like that... another home loss next week because Edinburgh quite frankly have our place sussed now... you can see Sheffield pushing us when they come in the league at the end of the month... Workington the week after in LC... crowds won't part with 15 quid to watch a losing team for too long!

• Like 1

They were there for the taking though.... your average fan (unlike the die hards who have been year after year) will ask how you could throw away a lead like that... another home loss next week because Edinburgh quite frankly have our place sussed now... you can see Sheffield pushing us when they come in the league at the end of the month... Workington the week after in LC... crowds won't part with 15 quid to watch a losing team for too long!

you know how to cheer people up
  • Like 1

you know how to cheer people up

I'm a realist actually whose been through thick and thin and will continue to part with my money but there's a few who won't. . No getting away from it!

• Like 1

I'm a realist actually whose been through thick and thin and will continue to part with my money but there's a few who won't. . No getting away from it!

1986 wasn't good either

Doesn't matter which way you look at it, that was a spectacular collapse. It's difficult to judge early season form, riders are still struggling with set ups etc. Get through April and then judge them.

It's way too soon to say how the seasons gonna pan out

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter which way you look at it, that was a spectacular collapse. It's difficult to judge early season form, riders are still struggling with set ups etc. Get through April and then judge them.

It's way too soon to say how the seasons gonna pan out

According to the promotion the collapse was partly down to a couple of falls and a slickening track, cant do much about the first two but you`d think they could do something about the track which seems to have been very slick. But your right, one defeat shouldn't cause to much alarm, but one or two more in the next few weeks will lead to fans voting with their feet, no matter how great the Saturday night experience at Shielfield is for some.

• Like 1

Not the end of the world. Think track was not condusive to good racing and only got slicker as meeting went on. Actually think matic is ok speed wise just needs to gate. Alex is stepping up a notch and actually showing more the form i had expected in past years.

Bit bad luck with falls and machinery or imo we probably would have won. But why didnt they just put bit water on track when they realised wss getting too slick for home team.

• Like 1

Lets face facts, Berwick have a poor team and will be down the bottom. Glasgow were very rusty to begin with last night but once they came to terms with it being a gating paradise they were a different level and they will hammer Berwick at Ashfield today.

I really think they need to look into how they prepare thay track to actually provide some form of entertainment because if they are losing and people arent being entertained theres only going to be one outcome and you cant really blame fans for that imo.

• Like 1

Back to how it was last season... decent 1st half performance and a 2nd half crumble.. said to me Mam I wasn't counting me chickens after heat 7... didn't want to be proved right though! The track was not conducive to any racing whatsoever... ach well, least we'll be behind from the start next week rather than lose it in the last few heats! Will still be at Glasgow later today god forbid!

Should have also added it was good to see Luke get on the score chart!

Exactly spot on thats what i said last night 12 up after 7 heats 8 heats later 5 behind heat 8 is our weakest heat at the moment still early days but as someone else said maybe watering would have helped.

Fabulous, we're one competitive meeting into the season and we're talking about fans voting with their feet.

It's what support is really all about. Only the league winners deserve it.

=D

• Like 1

Fabulous, we're one competitive meeting into the season and we're talking about fans voting with their feet.

It's what support is really all about. Only the league winners deserve it.

=D

Unfortunately, Sarah is bang on with the money with what she is saying.

To maintain decent and healthy crowds you must win at home,and if lose them then it is very hard to get them back.

• Like 2