British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Glasgow (sat April 4) League Cup

Clue:which river does Glasgow stand on?

Agree you don't give a toss about the entertainment when you get an AWAY WIN.Dick certainly quietened down towards the end of the meeting.

pitty he wouldn't shut up altogether mind you he gave Kozza a good welcome unlike his welcome for gjedde a few years ago

Yes, it has.

Full marks ("Excellent") to preparation, surface and fence. Again.

Since you ask.

must have copied and pasted last weeks then Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 2

Okay maybe every race was basically over by bend 2 , but that was a brilliant comeback . After heat 7, and with Dick Barrie delighting in the fact the rider in red had won every race , I thought we were in for a pumping . But thankfully we started to gate and along with a wee bit of good fortune , we clinched a great win .

In the first 7 heats, gate 1 produced 1 red winner (Bjerrre), gate 2 produced 3 red winners (Edberg, Doolan and Vissing), and gate 3 produced 3 red winners (Bjerre, Doolan and Vissing). Gate 4 had produced NO RED WINNERS at that stage. In heats 8, 9 and 10, Berwick's red helmets were all off gate 4 and didn't win a single heat while Glasgow's white helmets produced 12 points from gates 1 and 3 (twice). Maybe the track staff should look at the preparation of gate 4 before Dick Barrie expounds theories about the red helmet being omnipotent ? And congratulations to Aaron Summers for being the only rider to score a win from gate 4 all night (in heat 12) !

• Like 1

Yes, it has.

Full marks ("Excellent") to preparation, surface and fence. Again.

Since you ask.

Excellent news, though it seems some paying customers weren't to happy with the racing it served up, the referee who was there last Saturday might only come to Berwick once or twice a year, your trying to get the paying customers there every week. Not unless you want to fill Shielfield Park with referees every week of course.

• Like 3

Excellent news, though it seems some paying customers weren't to happy with the racing it served up, the referee who was there last Saturday might only come to Berwick once or twice a year, your trying to get the paying customers there every week. Not unless you want to fill Shielfield Park with referees every week of course.

Very true . Despite us visiting fans going home very happy on Saturday night , the cold , hard facts were that every single race was basically done and dusted after the 2nd bend . Watching follow my leader speedway is not going to drag the punters through the turnstiles on a Saturday night .
  • Like 3

As Tourettes says, don't get what the fussis about the racing

Generally it's ftg anyways

The point is it does not have to be gate & go, Heppy did a good job last season in bringing the track back from the mess it had been for several seasons. It was gate & go then because all the shale was around the outside with nothing on the inside, so you had only one line, now all the shale is off you can ride on every line but with no grip at all, so nothing to give you drive if you need it.

My hope was after creating a slick track grip would be built back in to the track bit by bit until was right, with the grip in the right places. I am sure Heppy will do is best to change the surface, so that the grip starts on the inside and works outwards, then the tractor drivers get back to basics lead tractor against the fence bringing the shale back down and the second tractor outside him grading the shale.

I think its pretty clear most fans with an opinion of there own who were there on Saturday thought the racing qas garbage. There will always be the select few who think it is fantastic and thats their opinion of course.

I think the fact is though that fans will stop going week after week if that is served up to them. Maybe it is us in the majority who are wrong though, as it seems the ref thought the track was 'excellent' as well as the usuals 😄.

Dear Tourettes,

Correct me if I am wrong reading into your post. You seem full of praise for Hepburn's track prep (and rightly so). However I remember reading one of those "special" Crescent Gal Press Releases stating "Ian Rae was one of the best signings Berwick had ever made" or re-signings. Now along with an A star of Ian and Henning Bager, does that mean Hepburn is the best signing we ever made. It would seem reading your post you feel George has improved the track off the cuff without prior experience? rather impressive If I may say

Edited by TheGreenLions

Dear Tourettes,

I presume you disagree with the headline Ian Rae was "one of the best signings" we had made then ? lol

John Anderson can put out what he feels necessary he knows the same folk will turn out every week.

I don't know why people moan it's the same thing year in year out

Initially I thought Ian was a good punt, sadly I was proved wrong and his type of track grading became a liability. Heppy is learning and has been listeneing, he now needs to make the next step to improve the track preperation. Before anyone asks or even suggests I gave up my time to help, the answer is a BIG NO. My job as a fan is to turn up on a Saturday through thick and thin.

Initially I thought Ian was a good punt, sadly I was proved wrong and his type of track grading became a liability. Heppy is learning and has been listeneing, he now needs to make the next step to improve the track preperation. Before anyone asks or even suggests I gave up my time to help, the answer is a BIG NO. My job as a fan is to turn up on a Saturday through thick and thin.

Could you not give up just a wee bit of your time?

Say a one-off day to provide Heppy with a bit of training?

heppy wouldnt come into his shop and help him sell watches
  • Like 1

Sorry my friend.

To maintain my standard of living, I have to work 6 days a week.

My evenings are taken up as full time carer for my wife.

Saturday night off

Sundays I need for sobering up after Saturday night. and catch up on the house keeping I did not do on Satuday night.

Thats what happens when you get older, and one of you is less firm. :sad::sad:

However, if I could afford to retire, (not likely while the Tories are in Government) then I would gladly volunteer.

Edited by TOURETTES

heppy wouldnt come into his shop and help him sell watches

Heppy probably doesn't go on the Internet telling him how to sell watches ;)

Heppy probably doesn't go on the Internet telling him how to sell watches ;)

And I thought you welcomed constructive criticism :o

As said Heppy has done a good job so far, he now needsv to take it to the next level.

And I thought you welcomed constructive criticism :o

As said Heppy has done a good job so far, he now needsv to take it to the next level.

Hoy! I wasn't criticising you, I was just wondering if you were able to help!