British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Ipswich Plc Easter Monday 7.30pm

That's why I put those 2,, tungate normally does okay there, but in my mind didn't quite look his best on Friday.and gino doesn't exactly pull up any trees there, but may do slightly better due to his recent pairs event

I agree he's started the season fairly slowly but hopefully he gets going tomorrow and puts in a match winning performance which we know he's more than capable.

I'd say Heeps and Gino are your 2 riders that you need firing, I'd have faith in King and Tungate.

Could come down to the reserves, which tbh looking at it, is a toss up, maybe slightly favoring Ippo with the potential Covatti has.

Not sure about a toss up TBH, that's the one area I'm hoping we exploit tomorrow as IMO we look quite a bit stronger there.

Probably put the kiss of death on it now and our reserves will be pants!

I'd say Heeps and Gino are your 2 riders that you need firing, I'd have faith in King and Tungate.

Could come down to the reserves, which tbh looking at it, is a toss up, maybe slightly favoring Ippo with the potential Covatti has.

Heeps will do fine he'll be amongst the points no danger, it's Manzares who we'll need a better showground performance from.

How is Lawson around the showground?

I agree he's started the season fairly slowly but hopefully he gets going tomorrow and puts in a match winning performance which we know he's more than capable.

Not sure about a toss up TBH, that's the one area I'm hoping we exploit tomorrow as IMO we look quite a bit stronger there.

Probably put the kiss of death on it now and our reserves will be pants!

I cant remember Nielsen riding the EOES before, so unsure how will do, also Covatti, is hit and miss, Greenwood can score alright, also Lambert, well before he blew his best engine anyway!

Heeps will do fine he'll be amongst the points no danger, it's Manzares who we'll need a better showground performance from.

How is Lawson around the showground?

Lawson has a good track record around our place, can ride the dirt well, certainly stronger than Olly, stronger than Lasse, tough call.

Massive fixture for Ipswich after Rye,s start and with both teams at full strength this should be a cracker, I do hope the Ipswich fans travel for this as the team certainly needs the support for this one.

We need to win this fixture for sure. Although Rye took the full 4 points, just the win and 3 points won't be a disaster as long as we stop Rye taking a point at Foxhall in a few weeks as we took a point at their place.

If we then take the full 3 points at home to Somerset next week that will tie us on points.

Lots of if buts and maybe's I know, but first things first we need to pull off a win tomorrow which won't be easy.

Edited by Bloomy

Could be a mistake that for Ritchie and Ippo.

if he has to pull out then the reserves can come in and as they would have 3 of the r/r rides it makes little difference.

If he just struggles and takes 3 rides then you have a point and it could cost us a few.

Ritchie though is full of grit and determination and nay surprise us all.

if he has to pull out then the reserves can come in and as they would have 3 of the r/r rides it makes little difference.

If he just struggles and takes 3 rides then you have a point and it could cost us a few.

Ritchie though is full of grit and determination and nay surprise us all.

I'd rather of had R/R for Heeps and reserves mind.

Sure Ritchie will be fine! Our top 4 all need to do the business, Gino will hopefully have gained some big track experience at Torun? TBH the riders he is in against today won't be quite as quick, and he didn't disgrace himself as it was. Let's hope it's not a one line jobbie with the sun out as it is. Catch you all later......think the mighty Witches could sneak this, but all 4 points might be just out of reach?

I'd rather of had R/R for Heeps and reserves mind.

captain marvel everytime for me!!
  • Like 1

Looking at the weather forecast I take it that it's a lovely day round Peterborough way , perfect for some Speedway ?

..is there still any chance that panthers can through even if they win all the remaining group matches?..or shall we treat this as a practice for the league!

Bright sunshine this morning but a few clouds around now although its as per the forecast.

Its still fairly bright, should be a good evening.