British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar Bears V Newcastle Diamonds League Cup Thurs 9th April 2015

The sides were more evenly matched at Rorke's Drift! :rofl:

I can live with that- as long as its a Welsh twang to a Newky accent that you have in mind. { with the film in mind by the way}.

Like two bald men fighting over a comb (although I think Newcastle will finish above the Bears this year)

After 1 home meeting (well half as I went home when the meeting was delayed) I've decided to give this one a miss.

Sad times sadly

Should be pretty close this - top 5 look pretty evenly matched and with Rose out so do the reserves.

Agree with above, i think whichever set of reserves gets going tonight could be vital. Sad that Robbo will miss this meeting, although with everyone being able to take a r/r ride we should still do ok there.

I think alot depends on which Lindgren and Henry turn up - both have had very good meetings here in the past.

I'll go for a Bears win but only just (although I said that for Workington meeting!)

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Prediction

Bears 48-42 Diamonds

Edited by Chewbacca

Like two bald men fighting over a comb (although I think Newcastle will finish above the Bears this year)

After 1 home meeting (well half as I went home when the meeting was delayed) I've decided to give this one a miss.

Crikey!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

You've shaken me there Yearbyred. :shock:

That's not like you. :sad: :sad:

Crikey!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

You've shaken me there Yearbyred. :shock:

That's not like you. :sad: :sad:

Missed quite a lot of meetings last year too Ian - enthusiasm seriously waning under the current promotion set up.

Along with many others.

Missed quite a lot of meetings last year too Ian - enthusiasm seriously waning under the current promotion set up.

Along with many others.

I am really sorry to hear that my friend. Genuinely. I know how much you used to enjoy it.

I sincerely hope things improve for you in the future.

Ian.

• Like 1

Along with many others.

Thats a shame, normally me and the family would of been to all 3 Newcastle matches this season and most of us have not been to any, some of the goings on at Newcastle are a joke to! I will go to odd ones, and maybe some meetings as a neutral but used to all nearly go to every home and most away matches. :mad:

Thats a shame, normally me and the family would of been to all 3 Newcastle matches this season and most of us have not been to any, some of the goings on at Newcastle are a joke to! I will go to odd ones, and maybe some meetings as a neutral but used to all nearly go to every home and most away matches. :mad:

Good win for the 'Diamonds' tonight. I don't know what your problem is at Newcastle. Until recently, last Season, I attended most Meetings and enjoyed them all. Apart from the reason I don't go now - Double Points.

I was always very well treated there.

Good win for the lads well done team diamonds

• Like 1

Very good win although Redcar seemed to throw a lot of points away. Had my reservations about this Diamond side and still worry about us on the road at most tracks but they've done nothing wrong so far. Very solid all the way down tonight and encouraging to see Steve win heats 13 & 15 as he did at Berwick. Much better from Rosen and a good night for Nielsen too.

Fear for the Bears though. Bjerre is quality but I don't see much improvement in the rest of that top 5 and they don't have a high scoring reserve to compensate. Early days but it doesn't look a strong enough side to me even when Robbo returns.

Edited by NJC71

Should be pretty close this - top 5 look pretty evenly matched and with Rose out so do the reserves.
Agree with above, i think whichever set of reserves gets going tonight could be vital. Sad that Robbo will miss this meeting, although with everyone being able to take a r/r ride we should still do ok there.
I think alot depends on which Lindgren and Henry turn up - both have had very good meetings here in the past.
I'll go for a Bears win but only just (although I said that for Workington meeting!)

Time to give up predicting I think!

Reserves were the key really, 3 points from the Bears compared to 9 for the Diamonds.

Worrying times at the moment, although there were flashes of promise. Graversen had a good meeting and rode hard, whilst Bjerre is a joy to watch. Will enjoy watching him this season if nothing else. Felt a bit for Morley tonight, seemed unlucky to be excluded when all 4 back might have been the right call although my view was not perfect. Rafal gave a few points away as well, we just seemed to be riding all the wrong lines all night.

Fair play to the Diamonds though, looked solid without anyone really looking outstanding.

Time to give up predicting I think!

Reserves were the key really, 3 points from the Bears compared to 9 for the Diamonds.

Worrying times at the moment, although there were flashes of promise. Graversen had a good meeting and rode hard, whilst Bjerre is a joy to watch. Will enjoy watching him this season if nothing else. Felt a bit for Morley tonight, seemed unlucky to be excluded when all 4 back might have been the right call although my view was not perfect. Rafal gave a few points away as well, we just seemed to be riding all the wrong lines all night.

Fair play to the Diamonds though, looked solid without anyone really looking outstanding.

Still early days yet.