British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Edinburgh Lc Saturday, April 11

Baby keeping you awake...or Sarah`s snoring?... :lol::P

Old man bladder
  • Like 1

Last nights result was depressingly predictable , even when the Bandits did edge in front I always felt it was going to be a struggle to maintain it in the later half of the meeting , Kevin was ridding the guts out the bike but getting nowhere fast same with Ben who can't possibly be 100% fit , but fair play to the guy for giving it ago . Next Friday night we face the daunting task of a trip to San Siro of Scottish Speedway which has never been a very happy hunting ground in the past for the Bandits let's hope the guys can put in a decent performance and give us a boost as we kick of our P/L campaign

The only good thing about last nights meeting was done and dusted around 8.30 had time to get home and get blotto sure i heard them ask for volunteers for Friday and Saturday to help with track grading so will have no excuses about track :lol:

Not even a bellyful of booze would be enough to erase the memory of last night

• Like 1

cant have been that old Sarah :) I certainly remember Oxford apart from heat 15

Yep.. i was only 3 going on 4.. syrange though that i remember going to bradford that year.. I've seen the DVD you got for Mam and Dad :approve:.. Heat 15 marred what had been a stunning display from us... gone are those days!

what was even more impressive was the next night at home to wolves when we beat them with a patched up team with juniors and R/R (no guests allowed that year !!) and Wolves were top of the league and eventual champs

Apart from one poster who seems to believe everything is fine and dandy it would appear that many regulars are thinking about whether or not to go to the speedway in future weeks, when you hear long serving fans saying they haven't renewed season tickets, or fans for the first time ever walking out before the end that must have the alarm bells ringing. To be honest on what we saw last night you cant blame them, ultra slick track, gate and go processional racing lightened only by one excellent ride by Craig Cook who somehow managed to be last away from the tapes yet was yards clear by the end of the race. I actually felt sorry for some of the riders, particularly Doolan and Barker who in a couple of the later heats rode their you know what's off and went nowhere.

Thankfully its Scunthorpe next week, defeat against them is unthinkable. This will be the first time this season where Berwick have raced on the same night of a SGP, it will be interesting to see the crowd level as, with no disrespect to them, the Scorpions don't exactly travel in huge numbers so the promotion will be relying on the people of Berwick and surrounding areas to come out and not stay at home.

Edited by screm

That for me at Berwick was standard fare. Passing is always at a premium but can be spectacular on the very rare occasion you see it. Heat 5 last night was one of the best examples I have seen at Berwick ever, cookie was absolutely brilliant. People are complaining about the racing but because the overtaking was done by the other team and Craig in particular it has been glossed over.

Heat 8 was the turning point, everyone thinking a 5-1 to Berwick was likely but Justin got out the gate and with some fresh air looked good, only cookies race times were quicker. Rob was very impressive again putting his bike on the right line and very difficult to pass. Kevin w looked good again and Max tried hard picking up crucial points and making sure crang scored nothing. Sam actually looked a little under power and had to run some defensive lines but very impressive in 13&15 to make sure we picked up all 4 points. This with virtually a 6 man team as Erik struggles to be competitive out the gate. He wasn't a million miles away though and hopefully as he picks up experience things will start to click into place.

As for Berwick barker wasn't fit, taking his left hand off the bike during races and in obvious pain. Fair play for trying and I'll look forward to him vs Craig next time. Claus looked good and was surprised he wasn't in 15. Doolan and Thomas were good but not exceptional. Thomas only list to Craig and can but never looked like beating them. Kev was the same except the fateful heat 8. Alex looked like being the match winner early on until rob for the better of him and he'll be disappointed with 8 from 7. Unsure what matic would have scored but r/r only returned 3 and meant Luke had to have a4th race, he never looked like scoring after a mistake in heat 2 allowed Max through.

As the Scotsman says Berwick have probably has their 2 toughest home meetings in the first 2 weeks without Ben at his best so I wouldn't give up on them yet. Glad we doubled the tigers score without the need for a tactical

• Like 1

Apart from one poster who seems to believe everything is fine and dandy it would appear that many regulars are thinking about whether or not to go to the speedway in future weeks, when you hear long serving fans saying they haven't renewed season tickets, or fans for the first time ever walking out before the end that must have the alarm bells ringing. To be honest on what we saw last night you cant blame them, ultra slick track, gate and go processional racing lightened only by one excellent ride by Craig Cook who somehow managed to be last away from the tapes yet was yards clear by the end of the race. I actually felt sorry for some of the riders, particularly Doolan and Barker who in a couple of the later heats rode their you know what's off and went nowhere.

Thankfully its Scunthorpe next week, defeat against them is unthinkable. This will be the first time this season where Berwick have raced on the same night of a SGP, it will be interesting to see the crowd level as, with no disrespect to them, the Scorpions don't exactly travel in huge numbers so the promotion will be relying on the people of Berwick and surrounding areas to come out and not stay at home.

yeah BigEd the proverbial ostrich with its head in the sand Edited by Goodiepatchie

yeah BigEd the proverbial ostrich with its head in the sand

Not at all, I can see exactly where Berwick is going, and the only way to stop it going that way.

I remember people complaining all the time because Peter prepared a soaking wet, deep, bumpy track.

The same people are now complaining because we don't have that.

Fortunately the few people who come on here to gripe are just that.

Unfortunately, everyone can see it.

What I would say, is all the people that don't enjoy it: don't go, then at least it is not a slow painful death for us that do enjoy it.

The fact is, they will not do that as it is all bluster on here behind a keyboard. It gives them an inflated sense of importance.

The thought of them announcing that they are no longer going, yet the club still surviving, would destroy their raison d'etre.

They don't have the marbles to carry out their empty threats.

On that note, I shall continue to enjoy speedway: while we have it, no head in sand, completely realistic about the future, and where the blame will lie if it all ceases to run.

• Like 2

In response to the idiot aboves post, I dont go simply because I dont think it is any value for money for what you get, nor do I think the team is any good, its nothing to do with my own self importance. If I genuinely felt that they had put together a 1-7 they genuinely believed in and reall wanted to do well I would be there alot more, but unfortunately I dont think thats the case. I genuinely also feel very worried for the club moving forward, I cant really see where it goes at the moment which is worrying. Scott can have a go at the people who come on here and air there displeasure at what they see but I know diehard fans who dont come on here that have had enough, surely thats got to be the worrying point.

• Like 2

In response to the idiot aboves post, I dont go simply because I dont think it is any value for money for what you get, nor do I think the team is any good, its nothing to do with my own self importance. If I genuinely felt that they had put together a 1-7 they genuinely believed in and reall wanted to do well I would be there alot more, but unfortunately I dont think thats the case. I genuinely also feel very worried for the club moving forward, I cant really see where it goes at the moment which is worrying. Scott can have a go at the people who come on here and air there displeasure at what they see but I know diehard fans who dont come on here that have had enough, surely thats got to be the worrying point.

good post
  • Like 1

It saddens me to hear Berwick fans complaining like this so early in the season. I love the set up at Berwick where spectators get close to the track but when you get riders well capable of racing and passing yet witness them busting a gut to do anything when they miss the gate, it's painful. I feel for the riders too as it reflects badly on them and does nothing for their confidence. I don't know what the answer is ..... the outside of bend 2 looked pretty ploughed up before start time last night but the inside was rock solid (I didn't look anywhere else). Maybe the riders and track staff need put their heads together?

The Anderson's are good people who want Berwick speedway to flourish and I believe your team is competitive. Early injuries are really bad luck. Keep the faith folks and use it or lose it......

Cookie was 1st class and I don't think he was in the mood to let anyone rain on his parade

• Like 2

Not at all, I can see exactly where Berwick is going, and the only way to stop it going that way.

I remember people complaining all the time because Peter prepared a soaking wet, deep, bumpy track.

The same people are now complaining because we don't have that.

Fortunately the few people who come on here to gripe are just that.

Unfortunately, everyone can see it.

What I would say, is all the people that don't enjoy it: don't go, then at least it is not a slow painful death for us that do enjoy it.

The fact is, they will not do that as it is all bluster on here behind a keyboard. It gives them an inflated sense of importance.

The thought of them announcing that they are no longer going, yet the club still surviving, would destroy their raison d'etre.

They don't have the marbles to carry out their empty threats.

On that note, I shall continue to enjoy speedway: while we have it, no head in sand, completely realistic about the future, and where the blame will lie if it all ceases to run.

speedway will never survive with a deluded mindset ... As a business You need to look after loyal customers, not jonny come lately who comes every other week for the craic..a business relys on providing a product to please the customer, once pleased they are very likely to come back and spread there glee to others who will then become customers and so on.

dont keep the regulars happy, the ones that have kept you afloat for years, what chance have you attracting and keeping new customers??

Working with supporters clubs would be a start, instead of divide and rule.

• Like 1

speedway will never survive with a deluded mindset ... As a business You need to look after loyal customers, not jonny come lately who comes every other week for the craic..a business relys on providing a product to please the customer, once pleased they are very likely to come back and spread there glee to others who will then become customers and so on.

dont keep the regulars happy, the ones that have kept you afloat for years, what chance have you attracting and keeping new customers??

Working with supporters clubs would be a start, instead of divide and rule.

its like taking your car to the garage and it not being fixed but hey the mechanics are a good bunch of lads and we had a laugh