British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolves V Lakeside Mon 20th April

Injuries are part and parcel of this sport and where appropriate a guest should be allocated to any team to replace a rider, especially a number one rider as neither team should suffer and I actually like to watch Jason Doyle at Monmore Green so welcome the fact they will have seven against seven.

The only issue really is that it should have been announced that Jason Doyle is on standby for Monday night as AJ is struggling with an injury and is going to see how he feels after Saturdays GP which is an individual event and missing that meeting only costs him and not a team. That way we could have woken up on the Monday morning to hear that JD will be riding.

Maybe one rule could be implemented across the main nations of Sweden, Poland and Britain to say if a rider misses a team event, he is automatically ruled out of any team event for seven full days, meaning if he misses Monday then the next team meeting he can ride in would be from 7.30pm April 27th onwards.

• Like 1

If AJ's injured & gets a Doctors note, but rides SGP doesn't mean he's not injured & note invalid - perhaps not fit enough for 2/3/4 meetings in so many days. Unfortunately open to abuse, but I doubt it in this case

Looking forward to this one, especially seeing PK again #legend

• Like 1

If AJ's injured & gets a Doctors note, but rides SGP doesn't mean he's not injured & note invalid - perhaps not fit enough for 2/3/4 meetings in so many days. Unfortunately open to abuse, but I doubt it in this case

what are you doing up at this ungodly hour dave, I've never known you to stir before 9am!

what are you doing up at this ungodly hour dave, I've never known you to stir before 9am!

:) starting & finishing work early today, long drive to Plymouth

Thought you're meant to be working, not posting on BSF Tony!

Yet if this had been a Pole and/or a Poole rider, the forum would have gone into meltdown!! :D

• Like 1

Yet if this had been a Pole and/or a Poole rider, the forum would have gone into meltdown!! :D

The incidence of such things is the difference - whereas Lakeside very occasionally become involved in controversy - Poole are serial offenders!

• Like 1

Me too hope PK gets a hat full after the way L/side discarded him last season took it like the "Pro" he has always been and has come back to the rider we know he is .

A few fingers being pointed here; in particular by two people who's respective teams have hardly been beyond reproach over the past few years.

Suffice to say that we know the extent of AJ's injury now. People that cast doubt upon whether it was genuine, now look just a tad silly.

Moreover, how would AJ have been riding in Poland today? To the best of my knowledge, I don't think that there are any meetings (apart from a Junior event).

PK discarded - was he? I thought he agreed to leave by mutual consent. That's what he said. Maybe he was lying. Doubt it. He's a great guy.

In any event, I always look forward to my visit to Monmore Green - the best track in the EL serving top dollar food. Result-wise, can't see us getting sod all. Sky are in town, and errrrrr, we're riding away from home.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

A few fingers being pointed here; in particular by two people who's respective teams have hardly been beyond reproach over the past few years.

Suffice to say that we know the extent of AJ's injury now. People that cast doubt upon whether it was genuine, now look just a tad silly.

Moreover, how would AJ have been riding in Poland today? To the best of my knowledge, I don't think that there are any meetings (apart from a Junior event).

PK discarded - was he? I thought he agreed to leave by mutual consent. That's what he said. Maybe he was lying. Doubt it. He's a great guy.

In any event, I always look forward to my visit to Monmore Green - the best track in the EL serving top dollar food. Result-wise, can't see us getting sod all. Sky are in town, and errrrrr, we're riding away from home.

Mutual consent normal means go or be pushed I accept there is no sentiment in business but feel he handled it like a true" pro"( not suggesting for one moment he was lying just not making a song and dance about it )and the club were a bit hasty IMO.

Bit hasty? PK returned to Wolves around 28th July. When should we have made the change - Christmas?

PK's form dipped woefully last year - following his bad crash at the end of the 2013 Season. At times, he just didn't look the same rider. I, and I'm sure everyone who supports Lakeside, are delighted that the return of The Prodigal Son to Monmore Green has worked out so successfully for him. He's a Class Act and an absolute gentleman.

mdmc - Boxall isn't riding tonight through injury; and his rehab period is unknown at this time. His replacement tonight is James Wright. Apparently, Ashley Birks is 'not available'. I'd have loved to have been ear-wiggling on that particular conversation. I'm pretty certain that the word 'Off' would have been mentioned in there somewhere!

• Like 4

Bit hasty? PK returned to Wolves around 28th July. When should we have made the change - Christmas?

PK's form dipped woefully last year - following his bad crash at the end of the 2013 Season. At times, he just didn't look the same rider. I, and I'm sure everyone who supports Lakeside, are delighted that the return of The Prodigal Son to Monmore Green has worked out so successfully for him. He's a Class Act and an absolute gentleman.

mdmc - Boxall isn't riding tonight through injury; and his rehab period is unknown at this time. His replacement tonight is James Wright. Apparently, Ashley Birks is 'not available'. I'd have loved to have been ear-wiggling on that particular conversation. I'm pretty certain that the word 'Off' would have been mentioned in there somewhere!

I think 'not available' might mean ineligible. Ashley was 8th on the tier one EDR so could only be substituted by one of the riders on the guest list. Now that Lakeside have made that change permanent I am guessing they cannot put this into reverse.

Me too hope PK gets a hat full after the way L/side discarded him last season took it like the "Pro" he has always been and has come back to the rider we know he is .

You will be hard pushed to find anyone at Lakeside who has anything other than total respect for PK.

The facts were that he was struggling to produce his 'normal' form, was being paid 'No. 1 money' and producing No 4 points. Lakeside run a tight ship (to ensure long term survival) and that sort of financial scenario could not be continued and I am pretty sure that the parting of the waves was, indeed, amicable. PK is too much of a gentleman not to realise he was not producing value for money at that time.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 5

True. A.J is out on Friday as well . Doyley comes in for him again. The lynch mob seem to have gone very quiet.

• Like 1