British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs - League Cup 19th April 2015

A few pics from yesterday

https://www.flickr.com/photos/glasgowtigersspeedway/

Great retweet by Nick Morris " Can you spot the Glasgow fan"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC--BroW0AI-mbU.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/glasgowtigersspeedway/16581690344/ ;)

Zoom in and check out the warm hand gestures from the fans beside the red pillar.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Honestly , Septic getting knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Inverness , followed by the Tigers pumping the Smugs . And folk wonder how I go into work on a Monday with a hangover :drink:

just need Sevco to avoid Promotion to SPL and it will be perfect
  • Like 1

Zoom in and check out the warm hand gestures from the fans beside the red pillar.

Excellent pictures there George, got one of the tapes unevenly rising perfectly. Such a huge advantage to gates 3&4, really need that sorted soon

• Like 1

Its still good to see that opposition fans can still stand together in our sport and apart from banter have nothing to fear. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 4

Its still good to see that opposition fans can still stand together in our sport and apart from banter have nothing to fear.

So true.

All banter apart, Scottish speedway is on the up since the Glasgow changes.

Crowds are up at Ashfield.

There was a great atmosphere at Ashfield yesterday, and that's been missing for a long time.

It's all good stuff now in Scotland and all teams benefit.

• Like 1

Cook is an irrelevance , as we saw today , Masters will be Edinburgh's main man before the season is out

Fair play you won Paulco and i said my congrats..but it's one meeting ffs Despite touching your dodgy Poundshop tapes he still scored 10+1 hardly an epic fail ..Jeez, you're no half spouting some right pish since you came back from Ciderland.Did you fall in a barrel of scrumpy when you were there?

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

Fair play you won Paulco and i said my congrats..but it's one meeting ffs Despite touching your dodgy Poundshop tapes he still scored 10+1 hardly an epic fail ..Jeez, you're no half spouting some right pish since you came back from Ciderland.Did you fall in a barrel of scrumpy when you were there?

Come on Young51, going by our record in recent years one win means a great deal. That's a back handed compliment to you guys.

There's now a light at the end of our tunnel, dinnae switch it off!

Edited by george.m

Every rider will try to anticipate the gate, it's their job! Frede Schott used to say, "if you don't break the tapes now and again, you're not trying hard enough"

I agree..... Everybody ie) the opposition is grizzling about my starts.....I,ll just take it easy..... I dont think so....! It,s a race the boundaries are pushed, thats why we like it.

Come on Young51, going by our record in recent years one win means a great deal. That's a back handed compliment to you guys.

There's now a light at the end of our tunnel, dinnae switch it off!

As i've said George,congrats & enjoy it while you can.. I'd say beware though.. because the light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes the light of an oncoming train lol.. ;) Anyways it should be a cracking atmosphere on Friday at the Dale..it does make a nice change i guess,because the Edinburgh v Glasgow matches recently have become quite tame and not much of a challenge to the Blue & Gold to be honest..bring it oan i say!! :drink:

• Like 2

Aye you're right , my euphoria was fuelled by the Horseshoe Bar's finest ales and a certain football result , so by the time we'd opened with two 5-1's and a 4-2 I was in dreamland . So the Horseshoe had to be visited again on the way home . Be brought back to earth on Friday ...................................maybe :P

• Like 2

just need Sevco to avoid Promotion to SPL and it will be perfect

Don't know if you are looking for a bite or being just ignorant in terms off Pacific Shelf 595 the remit was the same as Sevco same concept as the holding company for the Football club if you are unsure as to who Pacific Shelf 595 is it was the Holding Company Celtic FC set up in 1994 Company No 153534 to keep the bank from closing the doors in this period since Celtic FC have set a further holding Company up HMS 02 Company No SC223604 and carries the same duties as Pacific Shelf 595

Sevco no longer exists as the Holding company for Glasgow Rangers Football Club whilst the Football Club has been in existence since 1872 and is the most successful club in world Football today. The current holding company for Rangers is Rangers international football club PLC but this is due to change as we have delisted from the Stock Exchange.

So there you have it same concept initially carried out by Celtic FC with Pacific Shelf 595 hope this clarifies matters if you are unsure on understanding any off the above please ask someone at Torbet Towers. Both Football Clubs continue to exist since there inception it has just been the holding companies that have changed.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

As i've said George,congrats & enjoy it while you can.. I'd say beware though.. because the light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes the light of an oncoming train lol.. ;) Anyways it should be a cracking atmosphere on Friday at the Dale..it does make a nice change i guess,because the Edinburgh v Glasgow matches recently have become quite tame and not much of a challenge to the Blue & Gold to be honest..bring it oan i say!! :drink:

Wish I could make it on Friday, unfortunately work calls!

Enjoy, should be a a cracking atmosphere and turnout ... As for the result ... I can only live in hope but your guys will be fired up! Enjoy

• Like 1

Hoping to get finished early on Friday to make my first visit in 4 years to Armadale being 7.30 on a Friday i could never get due to work but booked Friday afternoon off not going with any hopes off a victory but nicking a point would be nice :t: .

you'll never guess who just pulled back for jumping the start in heat 2 at belle vue tonight.