British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs - League Cup 19th April 2015

first visit to the refurbished Ashfield,full credit to the promotion for the scale and quality of the work done it is first class.Meeting didn't quite live up to expectations but certainly not anything to with track or facilities.Poor start from Monarchs took the edge of the meeting IMO .Sedgeman was dire why he got 4 rides,at least Branford would have gave 100%.

• Like 1

first visit to the refurbished Ashfield,full credit to the promotion for the scale and quality of the work done it is first class.Meeting didn't quite live up to expectations but certainly not anything to with track or facilities.Poor start from Monarchs took the edge of the meeting IMO .Sedgeman was dire why he got 4 rides,at least Branford would have gave 100%.

He only got 3 , Branford took his fourth

like all the monarchs who delete their accounts on here when they have the rare bad year :).... Have a word with yourself blobsta :)

BSF will save some bandwidth end of this season then.

Back from my wee break down south , looking forward to this .

How far South were you?

• Like 1

BSF will save some bandwidth end of this season then.

For the last three seasons we've had to listen to their crap , today they were well beat and the last heat 1-5 just made the score look respectable . There was only one team , Masters apart , in it today . The ride by Nick Morris to shepherd Serjeant home in front of Wolbert was almost Parkeresque , a joy to watch .

How far South were you?

Somerset petal

I'm sure we will return the favour on friday night, but by a far bigger margin of course.

I'm sure we will return the favour on friday night, but by a far bigger margin of course.

You think , I can see another chorus of " we can see you sneaking out " coming from the 3rd bend just like the good old days of 2011 :drink:

• Like 1

Going to be interesting to see if Edinburgh are going to see the other side of Justin Sedgman

He is okay when the team is going well, but in the past his head drops as does his form.

And that could be disaster for the Monarch as they will be relying heavily on the top 4 performing with three youngsters in the side.

For the last three seasons we've had to listen to their crap , today they were well beat and the last heat 1-5 just made the score look respectable . There was only one team , Masters apart , in it today . The ride by Nick Morris to shepherd Serjeant home in front of Wolbert was almost Parkeresque , a joy to watch .

Somerset petal

He's matured somewhat. We had a great view of it down the back straight and he was superb.

With so many distractions here tonight, the one thing I keep forgetting to mention was Cook's tape touching in Heat 1. That seems to be forgotten/forgiven, but for me Embra were on the back foot from the start. Not what you'd expect from a rider of his reputed experience and potential.

He's matured somewhat. We had a great view of it down the back straight and he was superb.

With so many distractions here tonight, the one thing I keep forgetting to mention was Cook's tape touching in Heat 1. That seems to be forgotten/forgiven, but for me Embra were on the back foot from the start. Not what you'd expect from a rider of his reputed experience and potential.

And endless supply of dummies

• Like 2

Going to be interesting to see if Edinburgh are going to see the other side of Justin Sedgman

He is okay when the team is going well, but in the past his head drops as does his form.

And that could be disaster for the Monarch as they will be relying heavily on the top 4 performing with three youngsters in the side.

On today's performance Branford shouldn't be a concern - Riss and Sedgman are though.

Edited by george.m

Lawson flinched and cookie reacted to it but correct kind of summed the meeting up for us.

Honestly , Septic getting knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Inverness , followed by the Tigers pumping the Smugs . And folk wonder how I go into work on a Monday with a hangover :drink:

• Like 3

Lawson flinched and cookie reacted to it but correct kind of summed the meeting up for us.

Why the excuses all the time for Cook.

Engine blown Friday, Lawson flinched ... so what?

Can't he cope with all the needs of the sport?

You seem to lack confidence in his overall abilities, otherwise why make all the excuses for him?

Just as well the promotion have more confidence in him than you do, as seen by them sending him off the "naughty step" in Heat One.

Which I think he did pretty well from.

Edited by george.m

Why the excuses all the time for Cook.

Engine blown Friday, Lawson flinched ... so what?

Can't he cope with all the needs of the sport?

You seem to lack confidence in his overall abilities, otherwise why make all the excuses for him?

Cook is an irrelevance , as we saw today , Masters will be Edinburgh's main man before the season is out

• Like 1