Scunthorpe

1. David Howe
2. Theo Pijper
3. Alex Davies
4. Carl Wilkinson
5. Josh Auty
6. Ellis Perks
7. Nike Lunna

Could Newcastle be going for the double over Scunthorpe? We struggled at Sheffield on Thursday being soundly beaten by the Tigers. Another away win at EWR tonight (Friday) would be the best response to us losing at Owlerton.

Guest WTF1

It's a shame Scunthorpe haven't got a number 1 rider because this would be quite a decent team but you ain't gonna win when the number 1 only scores 2 as Newcastle also found out at Scunny when Worrall rode like a novice and didn't score.

It's a shame Scunthorpe haven't got a number 1 rider because this would be quite a decent team but you ain't gonna win when the number 1 only scores 2 as Newcastle also found out at Scunny when Worrall rode like a novice and didn't score.

What the hell is up with Howe this season? Bikes? Injury?Or just a season too many now?

What the hell is up with Howe this season? Bikes? Injury?Or just a season too many now?

Don't know what's up with him but the Scunthorpe Promotion always seem to bring up an excuse for him. Must have a full book by now.

Guest WTF1

probably the latter

Don't know what's up with him but the Scunthorpe Promotion always seem to bring up an excuse for him. Must have a full book by now.

Unfortunately the Scunthorpe promotion always build the team around him as still being number 1, but in all honesty he is just a second string rider that has a few good meetings mainly at home now.

Do league cup meetings count towards rolling averages this season??

ask him yourself

• Like 2

It's going to be interesting at Brough this season. You get the impression with all 7 of our team that they could win any race they are in but have an equal chance of finishing last.

Nice to see Wilko on form last night and was impressed by Lunna despite him only scoring 2 points. Was battling for a scoring place in every heat and was trying every line possible. At only 17, he looks a good prospect.

My car temperature gauge said 8C when I got back in after the meeting. It's in the garage todayto be checked as that was definitely 20C optimistic!

• Like 1

Just thawed out from my visit to my usual vantage point along the end by the fourth bend. There is no glass in the window frames at that end of the grandstand and the faithful all stood there in hoods and hats as the wind blew icy blasts at us. The action on the track was pretty hot though. My Favourite Ludde was top class entertainment. I also respect Christian Henry and was happy that he did so well. If the entire team have a good match at the same time someone will get thumped. I like Roy's nickname for Christian..The Boomerang. As we all know Henry keeps coming back to Newcastle and rarely lets the team down

I thought the track was quite good but was a little puzzled by the blade coming out! But hey what do I know about track prep. The times were a little slow apart from a couple below 64 seconds so maybe it is not yet in top shape

• Like 2

Watching in the pits from the picnic tables at Newcastle all I saw all night was David Howe running up and down bump starting his bikes and messing with them, also a few spanners across the pits from him, so I am guessing it's the bikes last night. But I have the feeling it could be a mix of all three things you said there (Especially at number 1)

Just thawed out from my visit to my usual vantage point along the end by the fourth bend. There is no glass in the window frames at that end of the grandstand and the faithful all stood there in hoods and hats as the wind blew icy blasts at us. The action on the track was pretty hot though. My Favourite Ludde was top class entertainment. I also respect Christian Henry and was happy that he did so well. If the entire team have a good match at the same time someone will get thumped. I like Roy's nickname for Christian..The Boomerang. As we all know Henry keeps coming back to Newcastle and rarely lets the team down

I thought the track was quite good but was a little puzzled by the blade coming out! But hey what do I know about track prep. The times were a little slow apart from a couple below 64 seconds so maybe it is not yet in top shape

the action was hot?

going back to last night meet'n at Newcastle,, regarding david howe who on his day is a class act,, but I cant help thinking is that is he drop'n his av for when ryan douglas returns to maybe drop young perks who will find it hard going at away tracks this seas'n which may allow them to keep theo in the team,, which will make them stronger for the rest of the year,,

• Like 1

Think there would have to be a drastic cut in all averages for that to happen and not quite sure if that is scunthorpes way of going out things. Ellis perks will be fine don't forget he is riding in the more difficult reserve position